Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

humilation

Started by nealw, October 21, 2017, 10:14:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nealw

I have been watching Arkansas for over 40 years-season ticket holder and booster-and I have not seen an Arkansas team this bad since our first year in the SEC. All the coaches need to be released and the head man after this game--the Hogs cannot play fundamental football. They are damaging the "HOG ON THE HELMET". I also wish they would remove the tribute to Coach Broyles from the helmet--my Coach deserves better. I also think Long needs to consider his position as over--change the culture back to Hog football.....Razorback football should not be a social gathering for the wealthy boosters but at this pace they will be the only ticket buyers. I have sat in Razorback stadium when there was only 25,000 in attendance--which is where we're heading--but we have the club so at least we can get a strong tequila shot prior to the game--it helps!

hawgdavis

Truly a sad time to be a Hog

mlloyd4

I've seen 8 seasons about this bad since 1990.

Year    Won    Lost    Tied    Coach
2016    7   6       Bret Bielema
2015    8   5       Bret Bielema
2014    7   6       Bret Bielema
2013    3   9       Bret Bielema   
2012    4   8       John L. Smith   
2011    11   2       Bobby Petrino
2010    10   3       Bobby Petrino
2009    8   5       Bobby Petrino
2008    5   7       Bobby Petrino   
2007    8   5       Houston Nutt
2006    10   4       Houston Nutt
2005    4   7       Houston Nutt
2004    5   6       Houston Nutt
2003    9   4       Houston Nutt
2002    9   5       Houston Nutt
2001    7   5       Houston Nutt
2000    6   6       Houston Nutt
1999    8   4       Houston Nutt
1998    9   3       Houston Nutt   
1997    4   7       Danny Ford
1996    4   7       Danny Ford
1995    8   5       Danny Ford
1994    4   7       Danny Ford
1993    6   4   1    Danny Ford
1992    3   7   1    Jack Crowe/Joe Kines
1991    6   6       Jack Crowe
1990    3   8       Jack Crowe
WPS

buldozer

HardCore

Quote from: nealw on October 21, 2017, 10:14:52 pm
I have been watching Arkansas for over 40 years-season ticket holder and booster-and I have not seen an Arkansas team this bad since our first year in the SEC. All the coaches need to be released and the head man after this game--the Hogs cannot play fundamental football. They are damaging the "HOG ON THE HELMET". I also wish they would remove the tribute to Coach Broyles from the helmet--my Coach deserves better. I also think Long needs to consider his position as over--change the culture back to Hog football.....Razorback football should not be a social gathering for the wealthy boosters but at this pace they will be the only ticket buyers. I have sat in Razorback stadium when there was only 25,000 in attendance--which is where we're heading--but we have the club so at least we can get a strong tequila shot prior to the game--it helps!

I feel ya, Brother.  Unfortunately, I am afraid our World's Greatest AD in History does not.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

rzrbackramsfan

You're seeing different levels fall off the bandwagon, based on the fact that you have 23 posts and "I have been watching Arkansas for over 40 years-season ticket holder and booster" we're getting pretty deep. 

DeltaBoy

The numbers don't lie we SUCK and a once in a decade set of instate talent allowed Bobby to show us what could be done!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

nealw

Yes, we have had past bad seasons but I have never seen a team that does not get better during the season and they could play fundamental football. (I discount the Smith season--he was not a coach) But I understand the point. I have heard we cannot get the talent but I have seen good talent coached-up to be outstanding. But I cannot understand that our offensive line is so fundamentally bad--and I hesitate to criticize the players for they are dependent upon the coaches to teach them to get better and I don't believe that is happening. Coaches have and do win with the talent they have but  at least they are surely competitive--and we are not. 

deltadoghawg

yup, 52 to 20,  that's what I call a beat down!. stick a fork in these hogs, cause they are done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mlloyd4

Quote from: nealw on October 21, 2017, 11:05:23 pm
Yes, we have had past bad seasons but I have never seen a team that does not get better during the season and they could play fundamental football. (I discount the Smith season--he was not a coach) But I understand the point. I have heard we cannot get the talent but I have seen good talent coached-up to be outstanding. But I cannot understand that our offensive line is so fundamentally bad--and I hesitate to criticize the players for they are dependent upon the coaches to teach them to get better and I don't believe that is happening. Coaches have and do win with the talent they have but  at least they are surely competitive--and we are not. 

That team that played for John L. Smith had heart... had character. I loved that team. Those young men tried. They couldn't win, but they put it all out there on the field. Greatest losing season that I have ever seen. This team is different. It doesn't compete. Saw it last year as well. They lay down.
WPS

hogsanity

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 21, 2017, 10:38:40 pm
The numbers don't lie we SUCK and a once in a decade set of instate talent allowed Bobby to show us what could be done!

If they have a similar set of talent.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

phadedhawg

It does kinda feel like the first year in the SEC now that you say it.  Going into every game I expect to lose and I'm only wondering by how much. 

I can't say I really feel humiliated though but certainly feel lots of sadness.  These games are over before they begin.  Since it's all academic at this point I don't really get too angry anymore.   

hogsanity

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 22, 2017, 12:18:50 am
It does kinda feel like the first year in the SEC now that you say it.  Going into every game I expect to lose and I'm only wondering by how much. 

I can't say I really feel humiliated though but certainly feel lots of sadness.  These games are over before they begin.  Since it's all academic at this point I don't really get too angry anymore.   

Why would anyone other than the players and coaches feel humiliated?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE