Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is anyone confident that we will beat Auburn?

Started by Ben, October 20, 2017, 01:26:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

Großer Kriegschwein

I'm confident we will beat them at throwing interceptions, getting tackled for loss and allowing QB hurries and sacks.
This is my non-signature signature.

PorkRinds

GuvHog

I'm confident that the Hogs have an outside shot at beating Auburn if Kelley plays well.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

elksnort

If we can run the ball for 150-200 yards, I think we have a good chance to beat them.

Yeah, I know. "IF"

Tick Hog

I hate Auburn more than any other team, so I'm hopeful. The only thing I would say I'm confident about is the boys playing hard for the home crowd. I don't think we get blown out

DeltaBoy

30% chance and we will have to jump on them early and score at 21 points in the 2nd half for the win.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Danny J

If we use the same Bama game plan it will be close

Ex-Trumpet

Hopefully Hogs entire locker room and staff are confident they will beat Auburn.  If not, they may as well stay in the locker room.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 20, 2017, 01:27:51 pm
Why would anyone be confident?

Nothing is impossible.....................but some things are closer to it than others. That doesn't lend itself to being confident.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

holman24

Nope and not all that confident against ole miss either.  As long as the plump dough boy is our coach we will always be a third tier sec program.

nchogg

code red

This one will get ugly.  The rain will make it worse.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

NoogaHog

Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

1 hog n eldo

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 20, 2017, 01:59:55 pm
30% chance and we will have to jump on them early and score at 21 points in the 2nd half for the win.
When is the last time we have scored 21 points in the second half in a conference game?

hawgon

At this point, I wouldn't be confident that we could beat DeQueen high school.

HoggieStyle

I think we'll show better than we did against Bama, and frankly at this point, I'd be happy with that.

Grag T

Quote from: hawgon on October 20, 2017, 02:57:33 pm
At this point, I wouldn't be confident that we could beat DeQueen high school.

Whatever happened to "kingofdequeen"??? He used to own the separated at birth threads like nobobdy's business, they were awesome.

Oh well, since those threads have disappeared due to apathy I suppose it matters little.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

hawgon

Quote from: Grag T on October 20, 2017, 03:20:19 pm
Whatever happened to "kingofdequeen"??? He used to own the separated at birth threads like nobobdy's business, they were awesome.

Oh well, since those threads have disappeared due to apathy I suppose it matters little.

In order to play separated at birth with DeQueen these days, you would need a high school yearbook from Guanajuato.

sickboy

I don't think anyone is confident in wining any games.

swineology

Stop the Tigers run game and pressure the crap out of Stidham.

That should keep it close in the 4th qtr. and give us a shot at the W

BroyledNutts

Quote from: GuvHog on October 20, 2017, 01:31:34 pm
I'm confident that the Hogs have an outside shot at beating Auburn if Kelley plays well.

Kelley plays well, Offensive line plays out of their minds, Defense plays mad and blitzes often, and crowd noise fires the whole team up, and the Hogs do have a chance to win.

It could happen. It happened a couple years ago against LSU, happened last year against Florida. Brett always seems to win one he shouldn't - and Auburn has a tendency to play down to the competition on the road.

jst01

Quote from: BroyledNutts on October 20, 2017, 04:25:54 pm
and Auburn has a tendency to play down to the competition on the road.

this isn't just some regular road game for Gus and his team. I think its personal.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: jst01 on October 20, 2017, 04:29:36 pm
this isn't just some regular road game for Gus and his team. I think its personal.

Oh, you bet it is...and now he's been told by Auburn media, beat Arkansas or get out. He'll definitely have a fire under him tomorrow - if all the above happens, it could be a close game all the way through. If any of the above doesn't occur, particularly the Defense playing out of their minds, Gus will try to hit 100 ...

hogfanmd

I'm 99% confident I'll be at the game

I'm 75% confident that we have a 25% chance of pulling the upset

I'm 100% confident Gus will pile up the score and stats if he can

I'm 99% confident Gus won't ever be the Arkansas Head Coach

I'm 75%  confident I won't buy a 9.00 beer at the stadium tomorrow. 

I'm 40% confident I'll still have a reason to be in my seat 💺 in the stadium by the start of the 4th quarter

I'm 10 % confident I'll keep my cool and not let a profanity slip out at some point.......just joking.

The Aubbie offensive gameplan for LSU was pitiful.  For us to beat Aubbie, they would need to play terrible ball in all facets of the game.  Us playing our best would have no effect on who wins, but if they can stink it up enough, that would have an effect.

jkstock04

Looks like there are 5 or 6 people in the prediction thread saying the Hogs will win. Seems legit.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

WilsonHog

No. Just let it play out and see what happens.

Rayzback

It's Friday, works done. Crazy or not, I enjoy a little hope, belief, and confidence for the next 24 hours.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

WilsonHog

Quote from: Rayzback on October 20, 2017, 05:30:23 pm
It's Friday, works done. Crazy or not, I enjoy a little hope, belief, and confidence for the next 24 hours.

Should be our best effort of the season. Let's see if it's enough.

PorkRinds

I feel like if Auburn plays really bad and we play really good we could win. I have hope, I just don't have much faith at this point.

Ex-Trumpet

Well it's Friday, after 5:00, and I've had a beer.  Of course I'm confident the Hogs win!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

HogPharmer

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 20, 2017, 05:38:19 pm
Well it's Friday, after 5:00, and I've had a beer.  Of course I'm confident the Hogs win!!

You can drink the beer, just don't drink the kool-aid!
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Ex-Trumpet

usnavyhogfan

hopeful and capable of a win; yes, confident no. zero halftime adjustments and lack of killer instinct in the second half derails my confidence for a win. hoping for an entertaining and injury free game nonetheless.
The dream is free, the journey is not.

BR

I think Gus wants to score 100 on us.... IF we come out slow, they will rip us a new one...  They still have Georgia & Bama to come... They need to roll all the rest of their games for a better bowl game and recruiting...
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

TXArcher

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Ben on October 20, 2017, 01:26:25 pm
Anyone?

That absolute silence you hear is because the crickets aren't out tonight.  They are busy having a fundraiser for the buyout.

PORKULATOR

We're gonna knock em around like a limbo stick at a fat camp. Ruin their hopes as well as their season.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

shown006

Quote from: Ben on October 20, 2017, 01:26:25 pm
Anyone?
No many people would be confident in winning a game where the experts in the desert have pegged you as a 15-16 point underdog.  I give the Hogs a 10% chance of pulling off in what would rival the '15 LSU win as the biggest upset in the Bielema era.
WPS!

bob slydell

*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

Danimal

Am I confident we'll beat Auburn? -- No.. Will I still want a new coach even if we do beat them -- Yes...

Hogindasticks

I am confident that if we can use Cole's left arm as another blocker as he throws the ball we might just have a chance!   :)

HardCore

You better drink more beers
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

East Clintwood

After 14 beers I'm still not confidence.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

HogPharmer

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 20, 2017, 11:38:35 pm
After 14 beers I'm still not confidence.

Keep drinking. You may get lucky enough to black out and not wake up until Sunday. Won't even have to deal with the game tomorrow.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Rzbakfromwaybak

I'm confident, that if we score over 60 points....we will win.  If the game goes into OT...disregard the first sentence.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.