Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas A & M Kickoff

Started by CalicoHog, August 18, 2017, 03:24:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on August 23, 2017, 02:20:59 pm
rhames tends to get a little carried away. I never said CBS never picks the A&M game, I only asked when was the last time it happened and woodhog14 gave me the answer which I appreciate.

Another thing I said, which he totally ignored, is that I could very well be wrong.

You didn't say you could be wrong until after my last reply to you.

Your question on cbs ever carrying the A&M game was in the middle of you claiming they would not this year. As if you were trying to use it as a point in your argument.

Anywho.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

GuvHog

Quote from: rhames on August 23, 2017, 02:30:01 pm

You didn't say you could be wrong until after my last reply to you.

And you didn't reply after I posted it which means you ignored it.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on August 23, 2017, 02:31:44 pm
And you didn't reply after I posted it which means you ignored it.

There was nothing to say.

Geeee Guv thanks for saying you could be wrong on the issue. The thought never crossed my mind that was a possibility.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

GuvHog

Quote from: rhames on August 23, 2017, 02:33:03 pm

There was nothing to say.

Geeee Guv thanks for saying you could be wrong on the issue. The thought never crossed my mind that was a possibility.

It crosses my mind a lot.   ;D

GoHogs1091

Hopefully, it is a night time kick-off.

The sun can shine through the end with the glass wall.  Perplexing a glass wall was put in on that end of a stadium that is a stadium that is almost facing due west.

southeasthog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on August 23, 2017, 02:56:59 pm
Hopefully, it is a night time kick-off.

The sun can shine through the end with the glass wall.  Perplexing a glass wall was put in on that end of a stadium that is a stadium that is almost facing due west.
Cowboys need all the help they can get.

sasnakrafan

2014 was a night game and we were the old '64 jerseys to honor the 50th year of the national championship. Poor McFain missed a couple field goals which would have put us on the map for recruiting - but hey that's the life of an Arkansas fan. Hopefully we'll turn it around this year.

Jim Harris

Quote from: sasnakrafan on August 23, 2017, 04:45:27 pm
2014 was a night game and we were the old '64 jerseys to honor the 50th year of the national championship. Poor McFain missed a couple field goals which would have put us on the map for recruiting - but hey that's the life of an Arkansas fan. Hopefully we'll turn it around this year.

2014 was the afternoon game on CBS that Arkansas led 28-14 going into the fourth quarter and Henson missed a field goal that would have given Arkansas a 10-point lead with 2+ minutes to go. First of the back to back OT games.
The last two games were night games, last year's kicked off after 8 p.m.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Jim Harris

Quote from: GuvHog on August 23, 2017, 02:26:35 pm
I know Alabama-Arkansas was one of the 3 Hog games televised by CBS in 2012 but I'm not sure about 2014.

I'm very sure the 2014 game was on CBS because we (THV) were trying to do the Hogzone just as overtime ended and the Aggie fans were all streaming out the doors behind us and hooting and hollering.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

GuvHog

Quote from: Jim Harris on August 23, 2017, 04:49:25 pm
I'm very sure the 2014 game was on CBS because we (THV) were trying to do the Hogzone just as overtime ended and the Aggie fans were all streaming out the doors behind us and hooting and hollering.

Yep, I remember that game. I just don't remember if CBS picked up the Alabama-Arkansas game that year.

rhames

Quote from: sasnakrafan on August 23, 2017, 04:45:27 pm

That was the bama game.

factchecker

The 2014 game vs. AnM was on CBS.  It was an afternoon game.  How do I know?  Uncle Verne was calling Hunter Henry - Henry Hunter all game.  Sam Irwin Hill had a fake punt for TD.  We lost on a clusterf#@! of plays: extremly wide left field goal miss, tripping penalty on Skipper, and our defensive backs falling down on a deep pass.

The 1964 throwback jersey game was against Alabama at 5:00 PM on ESPN.

A kicker didn't "miss" a kick that game vs. Alabama.  We had a extra point blocked and we fumbled a snap on a field goal and turned over on downs.

The other CBS games we played that season was vs. Ole Miss and Mizzou:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

NuttinItUp

Quote from: tusked on August 21, 2017, 09:40:23 pm
Has it ever been at 11?

I forgot about the 2 played on campus in the middle of the latest streak of playing.  At my age 8 is close enough for 12.

It has been played in Arlington 6 times in the recent series revival, and was played in Dallas one time in 1912.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas%E2%80%93Texas_A%26M_football_rivalry

J_Ville_Devils_Den

Member Number:  #329

Major Payne: Do not attempt to valid my authority. I have eight weeks to turn you gaggling maggots into a well-discipline cadet unit. From this day forward your sorry asses belong to me. You will not eat, sleep, drink, blow your nose or dig in your buts without my say so. Know this, killing is my business, ladies, and business is good.

CalicoHog

Quote from: 1highhog on August 23, 2017, 02:16:17 pm
Depends on where you live and of course when the game starts, but if it starts at 2:30PM or later and you are close to HS then fly out of there for $69.00 per person taxes included.
HOT-to-DFW
09:45 am - 11:35 am (01 hrs. 50 min) 
Southern Airway Express
Flight: 2229

I'm actually looking to fly out of Harrison.  And the arrival time is 1 pm at DFW. 

rhames

Quote from: CalicoHog on August 24, 2017, 11:10:17 am
I'm actually looking to fly out of Harrison.  And the arrival time is 1 pm at DFW. 

Man that would be cutting it way too close for me if it was a 230 kick haha.

davidharwood

can you folks help an old Arkansas grad and his wife pick the best hotel to stay in in Dallas to have some pre-game fun before the A&M game? (close to the stadium) Thanks!
My name has been carved on the UA sidewalks a total of 3 times, and my daughter's twice, but when I stop getting chills from the Alma Mater and the opening of the Hog Pen gates, I'll know it's time to stay home by the fireplace and wait for the new John Sandford novel.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: davidharwood on August 27, 2017, 08:47:55 pm
can you folks help an old Arkansas grad and his wife pick the best hotel to stay in in Dallas to have some pre-game fun before the A&M game? (close to the stadium) Thanks!

What kind of pregame fun will you and the wife be having? Will you need a heart shaped and/or vibrating bed? This helps in knowing which hotel to recommend.

Hoginsavga

Quote from: davidharwood on August 27, 2017, 08:47:55 pm

Addison, TX.  Marriott was a fun place but that was 25 years ago. Not sure about today.

davidharwood

should have known better than to have asked- thanks anyway
My name has been carved on the UA sidewalks a total of 3 times, and my daughter's twice, but when I stop getting chills from the Alma Mater and the opening of the Hog Pen gates, I'll know it's time to stay home by the fireplace and wait for the new John Sandford novel.

rhames

Quote from: davidharwood on August 31, 2017, 07:37:39 am
should have known better than to have asked- thanks anyway

Sheraton Arlington is nice.