Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs will pound the Tators Saturday

Started by Hot_Town_Hog, February 15, 2012, 11:55:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot_Town_Hog

Saying tonight sucked, is clearly a tremendous understatement. Unlike others though, this was a much better effort than we saw in games such as UGA. In this game we once again came out flat, but at least played our rears off to get back in the game. Still can't figure out why we have to come out and get down big in the first 10 minutes of the game.

Either way, Florida will go down hard at The Bud, as well as Bama and Ole Miss. If we play on the road like we did in the 2nd half against Tenner, we will also get at least one win on the road. Laugh if you will, but I don't see the talent discrepancy that should translate into auto home wins for Auburn or MSU for that matter. Our coaches and team have to formulate a plan to keep it close on the road the first 10 minutes, and bring some resemblance of the effort we have enjoyed at home. There is no logical reason to see our play deteriorate this bad just because we are on the road.

I say we win out at home, get one or two on the road; along with at least one in the SECT. Season is not over yet!!!

uncle bubs

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on February 15, 2012, 11:55:14 pm
Saying tonight sucked, is clearly a tremendous understatement. Unlike others though, this was a much better effort than we saw in games such as UGA. In this game we once again came out flat, but at least played our rears off to get back in the game. Still can't figure out why we have to come out and get down big in the first 10 minutes of the game.

Either way, Florida will go down hard at The Bud, as well as Bama and Ole Miss. If we play on the road like we did in the 2nd half against Tenner, we will also get at least one win on the road. Laugh if you will, but I don't see the talent discrepancy that should translate into auto home wins for Auburn or MSU for that matter. Our coaches and team have to formulate a plan to keep it close on the road the first 10 minutes, and bring some resemblance of the effort we have enjoyed at home. There is no logical reason to see our play deteriorate this bad just because we are on the road.

I say we win out at home, get one or two on the road; along with at least one in the SECT. Season is not over yet!!!
Love it! I wish more people had your attitude.
God bless the Boston Mountains.

Hooch

I thought we played a lot better than we did against Georgia, thats for sure.  We played hard, Tenner was just unconscious from the 3 I know they hit their first 5 and I would be floored if they shot less that 60% from behind the arc.  When someone is shooting it like that they are just about impossible to beat especially on the road. 

HF#1

Patrick Young scares me.  We don't have anyone man enough to defend that guy.  My prediction for this game is....

Pain...

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HogsonHicks

Quote from: hogfan#1 on February 16, 2012, 10:51:35 am
Patrick Young scares me.  We don't have anyone man enough to defend that guy.  My prediction for this game is....

Pain...

How nice would it be for Anderson to approach Petrino and say something like "you've loaned me your backup QB...can I also borrow your backup DE, Colton Miles-Nash"?

An athletic 6'6", 260+ former high school basketball player would sure look nice in the paint defending guys like Stokes and Young.

tophawg19

if you pound tators don't you get mashed tators . mashed tators and gator tail for dinner
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Breems

February 16, 2012, 11:15:56 am #6 Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 11:33:07 am by Breems
We'll win against Florida most likely, before a 15 point loss @Auburn and a 10 point loss @Miss St.  Should be able to take care of Ole Miss and Bama at home.  I believe that'd leave us at 8-8 conference. 

We should have enough road experience under our belt to squeak out a close loss in our first SECT game.

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Billy Bayou

Quote from: Breems on February 16, 2012, 11:15:56 am
We'll win against Florida most likely, before a 15 point loss at Auburn and a 10 point loss @ Miss St.
Saturday's game will indeed be interesting to watch.  Billy Donavon is nobody's fool, he will have a strategy to deal with the pressure.  I wouldn't bet or predict this game either way.

Hot_Town_Hog

Still liking some mashed Gators tomorrow! Hogs will get the big win, and J Dykes will talk about if we win out, we will be dancing. I agree it is a big IF, but at least it is there. Go Hogs!!

cityhog

Can we all agree to let go of the hope of winning on the road this year. It's just painful to keep fooling ourselves over and over.

Hot_Town_Hog

February 18, 2012, 12:21:19 am #10 Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 12:23:15 am by Hot_Town_Hog
Quote from: cityhog on February 18, 2012, 12:13:18 am
Can we all agree to let go of the hope of winning on the road this year. It's just painful to keep fooling ourselves over and over.

While that is the easy route to take in order to preserve sanity, I am still holding out hope because this team is capable of doing it. While I would not predict 5 straight wins, this team can do the job if they decide that is what they really want to do.

Breems

Who's proclaiming we'll win?  Or is that just some cityhog coming through?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Danny J

So...you are a no to winning at auburn? No way it can happen? Impossible?

I still think we can win at auburn yet I can't explain why. I still can't explain how sanchez went wild at vandy last year but crazy things do happen.

Cale

I feel optimistic. They seems to be learning it takes a lot more effort to win on the road than at home. It's going to come together soon for them. And when it does. Look out hawgball is back, someone call bill.
Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

UncleFrank

QuoteEither way, Florida will go down hard at The Bud, as well as Bama and Ole Miss. If we play on the road like we did in the 2nd half against Tenner, we will also get at least one win on the road. Laugh if you will

Well, I'll spare you any laughter. The way we're playing lately is much too sad and pathetic for that. You're obviously no threat to Nostradamus, though.............+1, though, for the optimism and hopefulness!

HF#1

Quote from: hogfan#1 on February 16, 2012, 10:51:35 am

Pain...

Well it's been painful...
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

grayhawg

Yeah we doubled up our nose and hit them in the fist, we really pounded them.

cityhog

Quote from: headhawg7 on February 18, 2012, 12:23:24 am
So...you are a no to winning at auburn? No way it can happen? Impossible?

I still think we can win at auburn yet I can't explain why. I still can't explain how sanchez went wild at vandy last year but crazy things do happen.

We are losing by 30 at home. I'm saying yes. Impossible.

Dogtown Donkey

We have to stop making threads like this.

Blutoblutarsky

Quote from: Mizzoudude on February 18, 2012, 06:48:18 pm
yeah ya'll are REALLY pounding em'....just admit the fact that Suitcase Mike Anderson's "System" is a gimmick! Oh and he cannot recruit either!

F*cking dbag. Your winning with the team mike built. I'll be in Columbia next week for work. Would love to beat your a$$

jman

OP, you really called this one brotha!

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on February 15, 2012, 11:55:14 pm

Good call LOL

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: helmuthjr21 on February 19, 2012, 12:58:07 pm
Good call LOL

It was brilliant for sure! Certainly won't be anymore prediction posts from me, although this was posted when everyone was whining about how bad we suck following the beatdown in Knoxville.

With that said, we have now been blown out of the gym in 3 of our last 4 games. This team is not playing anywhere close to the same level we played when beating Michigan and Vandy. The past few seasons we called this type of collapse the team quitting on the coach, but now it is simply hitting the "wall". Not sure I am buying the "wall" excuse, but either way it appears we are done for the year.

I do think we will be a solid team next year, if Powell gets healthy and we don't lose Young. But, still don't buy the effort displayed the last two weeks was the best we could hope for out of this team.