Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Apple Cider Vinegar, Liquid Amino's. Tell me what you know

Started by ldfergu, January 20, 2014, 09:53:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ldfergu

So, in my quest to live a longer, healthier, fuller life I've began taking these two items.  I have a relative who is 102 years old and recently shoveled her 74 year old daughters driveway like it was no big deal.  She swears by apple cider vinegar.  I did some light research and found that in the past it was used as somewhat of a "cure-all" and can be used in place of antibiotics..  Apparently, when she was 70 she got an episode of the gout and used this stuff to clear it up.  Been taking it ever since.  Maybe Pondwater Jack should try?

The company BRAGG makes liquid amino's (as well as the above) which tastes like soy sauce.  You can add it to a variety of things and I typically put some on my scrambled egg mix.  Provides body with 16 amino acids that I'm not sure I get in my normal diet.  Don't really know a lot about it but a lot of people say its great so I take it..

What do you guys think?  Anyone using these?

DeltaBoy

I know tons of folks who use the APC but I never got past the taste or the indigestion it gave me.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ldfergu

Yeah it's not so bad. I just put a tablespoon or two in a glass of water and chug it

Polecat

Amino acids are very good for you and don't have to be liquid. I take L-carnitine, L-tyrosine and L-arginine every day
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

alwaysondbigscreen

since i got out of pharmacy school in 91 someone or another has run apple cider  up the flag pole for one thing or another and when the do the research on it it always fails to pass REAL tests proving it does anything.
my favorite was a product called "jogging in a jug" it was apple cider vinegar and maybe grape juice. the claim was all you had to do was drink it and the calories would just burn off no exercise required just drink it daily and you were on your way to loosing weight.
!! actually i do know of one thing that the vinegar does work really well for
it will take the sting out of a sun burn quite well
so not all claims are crap just be careful of the big ones.
some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

hawgrunner

Quote from: Polecat on January 28, 2014, 10:04:46 am
Amino acids are very good for you and don't have to be liquid. I take L-carnitine, L-tyrosine and L-arginine every day

Ever hear of it giving ya abdominal pain?

DeltaBoy

Jogging in the Jug had ACV and Honey plus some other stuff.

DeltaBoy

I am going to try it again and see since I got my gall bladder out if it helps me.

Guinness Snout

My dad bought jogging in a jug when I was young and man was that stuff awful!

DeltaBoy

Bragg is some good stuff I hear so I going to pick up a bottle and take a swig or two.

Sir Oinksalot

Bragg was one of the original health nuts from back in the fifties
along with Jack LaLane, Norman Walker (1940's invented juicing)
and a few others...He was best known for taking fasting to new
heights and documenting everything including daily lab tests.

When he challenged the Berkley track team to a run across Death
Valley and back while in his late 40's people thought he was crazy.
While fasting he was the only one who completed the race, most of
the college team didnt get across on the first leg...

Worlds most healthy salad dressing --- blend onion, garlic
ACV and flax oil. And always use organic produce....
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on February 17, 2015, 09:45:44 am
Bragg was one of the original health nuts from back in the fifties
along with Jack LaLane, Norman Walker (1940's invented juicing)
and a few others...He was best known for taking fasting to new
heights and documenting everything including daily lab tests.

When he challenged the Berkley track team to a run across Death
Valley and back while in his late 40's people thought he was crazy.
While fasting he was the only one who completed the race, most of
the college team didnt get across on the first leg...

Worlds most healthy salad dressing --- blend onion, garlic
ACV and flax oil.
And always use organic produce....

And it tastes good, too.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Sir Oinksalot

Sir Oinksalot

...as an aside Norman Walker invented the first juicer back in the 30-40's.  The juice extracted contained all the nutrition and
vitamins, as well as all the wonderful enzymes....of course his design has changed since the 30's but today his juicer
machine is known as the finest juice extracting device available and is shipped all over the world from
its only factory - in Lowell Ar.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on February 17, 2015, 10:36:31 am
...as an aside Norman Walker invented the first juicer back in the 30-40's.  The juice extracted contained all the nutrition and
vitamins, as well as all the wonderful enzymes....of course his design has changed since the 30's but today his juicer
machine is known as the finest juice extracting device available and is shipped all over the world from
its only factory - in Lowell Ar.

Do they have a website.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 19, 2015, 08:13:22 am
Do they have a website.

http://www.norwalkjuicers.com/

I don't have a NorWalk, but I juice daily and I can definitely feel and see the difference on the days I don't.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: The Chief on February 19, 2015, 02:52:49 pm
http://www.norwalkjuicers.com/

I don't have a NorWalk, but I juice daily and I can definitely feel and see the difference on the days I don't.

Dang that a for real industrial one.

Polecat

Quote from: hawgrunner on March 07, 2014, 02:31:39 pm
Ever hear of it giving ya abdominal pain?

No sir, never heard of that.
Did you have those side effects?
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

DeltaBoy

I going to see about getting a Juicer and see if it does me any good.

twistitup

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 07, 2014, 10:52:21 am
Bragg is some good stuff I hear so I going to pick up a bottle and take a swig or two.
No. Mix it w water and it goes down easier.

DLUXHOG

1 tablespoon in about 4oz of cold water every day... Goes down like a cocktail....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 19, 2015, 08:13:22 am
Do they have a website.

...Norwalk juicer, in honor of Norman Walker, haha....now, it's $2500 bucks but will last you 100 years juicing every day....

If it's too much get the Omega masticating juicer....for $300, whatever but get a masticating juicer,

YouTube has vids on them...

DeltaBoy

ldfergu

I bought my wife a Jack Lalane juicer from wal mart for $90 and she uses it regularly. We like it

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on March 29, 2015, 08:29:20 am
I bought my wife a Jack Lalane juicer from wal mart for $90 and she uses it regularly. We like it

Once you juice for a month or so, you'll wonder why you haven't done it your whole life. Just be sure to mix it up a bit with the recipes so you don't get bored with it.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: The Chief on March 29, 2015, 08:59:31 am
Once you juice for a month or so, you'll wonder why you haven't done it your whole life. Just be sure to mix it up a bit with the recipes so you don't get bored with it.

The MIL had to reduce juicing.  It messed up her teeth from the acid.  She was doing juice only.  No veggies.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Hogfaniam on March 29, 2015, 12:14:10 pm
The MIL had to reduce juicing.  It messed up her teeth from the acid.  She was doing juice only.  No veggies.

My juices are veggie based and I used apples and lemon to enhance the flavor.  Unless I'm purposely wanting all fruit juice.  But, good point:  fruit juice is high in acid and sugar which is bad for the teeth.  Brush your teeth, drink water, and chew sugar free xylitol (sp?) gum.

Coondog Hog

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Coondog Hog on March 29, 2015, 10:03:54 pm
What exactly  is your  juicing regimen

Once a day: two apples, five celery sticks, five kale leaves with stems, one cucumber, one inch of ginger root, and one lemon. It's known as the "mean green" juice from Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.  I tailored it a bit to my liking and I change it up a bit every one in a while adding an orange or substituting grapes and strawberries for the lemon.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: The Chief on March 29, 2015, 11:00:23 pm
Once a day: two apples, five celery sticks, five kale leaves with stems, one cucumber, one inch of ginger root, and one lemon. It's known as the "mean green" juice from Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.  I tailored it a bit to my liking and I change it up a bit every one in a while adding an orange or substituting grapes and strawberries for the lemon.

Thanks I looking into juicing to increase my veggie intake.

ldfergu

Quote from: The Chief on March 29, 2015, 11:00:23 pm

That sounds really good

pigture perfect

Several years back, I was doing the apple cider vinegar regimen. I was using good ole Heinz. Then somebody told me that I wasn't using the right kind. They gave me a bottle of cloudy looking stuff that said Apple Cider Vinegar with something else in it. Can't remember now. But I had a hard time finding it in regular stores. Maybe I need to go back on it for my memory.

My wife just informed me that it was APC with the Mothers.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

twistitup

^
Looks nasty but great for you. I will say its hell on tooth enamel so rinse your mouth with straight water if using acv in stout doses.

I had a friend who would take a small shot in the morning, dentist told him to rinse well if that was the plan- acv is strong stuff

DeltaBoy