Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Five star players by school

Started by TNRazorbacker, June 30, 2015, 08:30:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TNRazorbacker

lefty08

I know Collins wasn't a 5* on every site but was Hunter Henry not a consensus 5*
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

TNRazorbacker

oldfart

wow.... far and away loaded!!! 

Hoggish1

wholehog92

Would be curious to see a percentage of 5 stars that get drafted from Bama vs 5 stars at teams less bloated.  IE, can you get lost in the shuffle or do you have the same likelihood to get drafted or even a better likelihood?
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Wildhog

It's unreal that Ole Miss has FIVE...
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

jpsand

Yes and all those 5 stars beat us 14 to 13!!!

flipperpig

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: lefty08 on June 30, 2015, 08:52:58 pm
I know Collins wasn't a 5* on every site but was Hunter Henry not a consensus 5*
shouldn't matter. he was a 5 star on 2 sites but was omitted from this list for some reason.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: jpsand on July 01, 2015, 10:30:03 am

Thats an awful lot on neck twisting to look on the bright side particularly considering the 50 point beat downs they gave us the two preceding years. From my perspective its irrelevant anyway, lose by one or lose by fifty, both are one tick in the L column. We haven't beaten them in 9 years and there's no reason to see us favored to beat them any time in the near future. We probably had the most talented team in decades in 2010 and still didn't have enough to beat them in our sold out house when they were in a down year.

To me this just further highlights the talent gulf that we need to make up to have a shot at winning big in this conference. Recruiting must get orders of magnitude better.

GoHogs1091

The only positions where 5 Star rated talent matter/make a difference are the following.

Quarterback   We saw that first hand with Ryan Mallett
Wide Receiver
Left Offensive Tackle
Defensive Tackle
Middle Linebacker
Cornerback

Regarding the other positions, the teams that mainly have just 4 Star rated talent, will be just fine (i.e., there is really no difference between a 4 Star and a 5 Star in the other positions).

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

nwahogfan1

I know teams loaded with 5 star kids don't win every game but they sure win a lot of games. 

What this tells us is if you have the more studs than your opponent then you have a better chance of winning and you will win more games over a longer period of time.

But at the same time you have to have the right stars in the right spots and have the right coaches who will coach them  up and put them in the best opportunities to succeed.  This gives teams like us who are loaded with 3 star kids the hope we need to win and succeed. 

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: jpsand on July 01, 2015, 10:30:03 am

Yep and they also played in the first ncaa playoff.  They won back to back national championships.  Won the sec championship a couple of times. 

It really does suck getting highly rated players because they don't ever pan out like the 2s and 3s.......
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

redeye

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on July 01, 2015, 08:39:54 pm
From my perspective its irrelevant anyway, lose by one or lose by fifty, both are one tick in the L column. We haven't beaten them in 9 years and there's no reason to see us favored to beat them any time in the near future.

And yet, Vegas gives us the best odds of beating them in Tuscaloosa.  In addition to Arkansas, they also play LSU and Ole Miss at home.  It's bleak for everyone when they play Alabama and not just Arkansas.

Theolesnort

5 star players and 5 star recruits in many cases are altogether different animals, so that Sat down South article got off on the wrong foot to start with.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Theolesnort on July 03, 2015, 01:46:56 pm
5 star players and 5 star recruits in many cases are altogether different animals, so that Sat down South article got off on the wrong foot to start with.
truth
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang