Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More on Thomas

Started by Huds_HawgTide, June 26, 2015, 11:16:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

jgphillips3

We getting better every year and I think this part of our recruiting explains a lot about why our team looks so competent on the field and why some kids don't get offers "we" think should:

"He showed me some clips of the LSU game and he wanted me to explain it back to him," said Thomas, whose lead recruiter is tight ends coach Barry Lunney Jr "He was pretty impressed how football smart I am, my football IQ. We pretty much talked about how they would use me."

I love that we are going after elite talent, but stupid mistakes get you killed.  Football smart players can make themselves the equal of a slightly better athlete by using their head.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: jgphillips3 on June 26, 2015, 11:50:06 am
We getting better every year and I think this part of our recruiting explains a lot about why our team looks so competent on the field and why some kids don't get offers "we" think should:

"He showed me some clips of the LSU game and he wanted me to explain it back to him," said Thomas, whose lead recruiter is tight ends coach Barry Lunney Jr "He was pretty impressed how football smart I am, my football IQ. We pretty much talked about how they would use me."

I love that we are going after elite talent, but stupid mistakes get you killed.  Football smart players can make themselves the equal of a slightly better athlete by using their head.

+1

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

RazorWhacker

That really jumped out at me too. Love getting little insights into the staff's plan like that.

Hawgzinbowlz

June 27, 2015, 02:33:35 pm #5 Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 06:26:39 pm by Hawgzinbowlz

I love that we are going after elite talent, but stupid mistakes get you killed. Football smart players can make themselves the equal of a slightly better athlete by using their head.
We are evolving toward elite athletes with football smarts. I hope things work out so Kiondre gets an offer...and accepts.
4.37 & 4.38, along with good coverage skills and a high football IQ are good starting points to becoming a Hog...and he's an Arkansan.

" WOO PIG "

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on June 27, 2015, 02:33:35 pm
We are evolving toward elite athletes with football smarts. I hope things work out so Kiondre gets an offer...and accepts.
4.37 & 4.38, along with good coverage skills and a high football IQ are good starting points to becoming a Hog...and he's an Arkansan.

" WOO PIG "

You can't teach speed, but every single other quality of a football player can be taught... Stuck Fars..! I'll take 15 4.35 NR's every single class please...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on June 27, 2015, 02:33:35 pm

" WOO PIG "
I agree.  He is definitely a great athlete.  Lunney and CBB will offer if the other parts are true. 
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on June 28, 2015, 09:26:05 am
You can't teach speed, but every single other quality of a football player can be taught... Stuck Fars..! I'll take 15 4.35 NR's every single class please...
I think the test of football knowledge is testing Thomas if he has been paying attention to his HS coaches and does he love the game of Football.  Football is not brain surgery but like anything in life you can be much better at anything you are in love with.  What is the adage?  If you love your job then you never have to work another day in your life!  In other words it is fun and not work. 

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

NLRHog92

Was supposed to hear back from coaches after their vacations after sent in transcript and he was certain that he qualified. No offer here either?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on June 28, 2015, 09:26:05 am
You can't teach speed, but every single other quality of a football player can be taught... Stuck Fars..! I'll take A couple 4.35 NR's every single class please...
fify don't get too carried away. We want uncommon, smart, 4+ stars if we are just picking what we want.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

pigture perfect

I like getting those Ft. Smith kids. They have a True Grit about them.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: pigture perfect on July 18, 2015, 12:10:37 pm
I like getting those Ft. Smith kids. They have a True Grit about them.
yup!h@!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli