Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas (#1?) in Scott Lashley's top 10 (State lean, NFL bound)

Started by WildRazorback, June 19, 2015, 10:25:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WildRazorback

Highly regarded OT Scott Lashley released a top 10 earlier tonight. Arkansas was featured quite prominently. Screenshot is attached!

PaintballHog

IronMountainHog

Smart kid. Coach P will send you to the NFL.

The_Boot_stops_here

ldfergu

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

MissippHog

redeye

June 20, 2015, 02:56:52 am #7 Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 03:17:00 am by redeye
Has he visited yet?

Looks like he committed to MSU earlier and then backed off.

Update:  According to one site, he's visited LSU, Alabama, Tennessee and both Mississippi schools.  Doesn't look like he's even visited Arkansas, yet.  LSU and Ole Miss didn't even make the cut, so I'm alright with that.

WildRazorback

Quote from: redeye on June 20, 2015, 02:56:52 am
Has he visited yet?

Looks like he committed to MSU earlier and then backed off.

Update:  According to one site, he's visited LSU, Alabama, Tennessee and both Mississippi schools.  Doesn't look like he's even visited Arkansas, yet.  LSU and Ole Miss didn't even make the cut, so I'm alright with that.

Yup, he committed to MSU but then remembered he was in Starkville. He hasn't visited us yet, but when Arkansas offered, I believe he called it a "dream offer". So maybe he really doesn't need to see the campus to realize we have coaches that get lineman to the league. Considering OL is a need for us, I think Lashley is pumped about the chance of being a Razorback. Of course, MSU may still be an obstacle due to his proximity, but we have pulled in lineman from all across the country. I'd love to have Lashley be the next.

WildRazorback

I found this article discussing the release of his top 10. The last part of it cracks me up every time I read it. "twice the size of all the other logos combined" haha. Although I should mention that in a later tweet he said, "NOT IN ORDER".

HoggusMaximus

Steef

Hoggish1

Starkville vs. Fayetteville and our staff/program?  It's not even close!

hawgball9401

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

DoubleReedHawgCaller

I don't think you can even graduate from MSU. He might want to check into that...
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

ricepig

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on June 20, 2015, 04:00:43 pm
I don't think you can even graduate from MSU. He might want to check into that...

Pretty sure they just give you a cowbell.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Westpoint is so close to MSU that this would be a great coup.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Music City Hog

Ironically, according to rivals, he has 10 offers. 

Sow Lancelot

"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

redeye

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 20, 2015, 11:48:46 pm

But according to 247, he has 18.  So much for that site ranking players by offers.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 20, 2015, 11:48:46 pm

He had about 20 when I talked to him in April.

WildRazorback

Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 21, 2015, 09:52:40 pm
He had about 20 when I talked to him in April.

RD, was the Arkansas logo intentionally that big? Are we possibly his #1 right now.. or are we being mislead? Thanks!

lefty08

Quote from: redeye on June 21, 2015, 06:20:45 pm
But according to 247, he has 18.  So much for that site ranking players by offers.

That site you referred to is flawed in that it only references scout and espn recruiting sites. Not sure how that makes it less reliable than the other sites though. They show him at #943 with 13 offers
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ZERO

That ranking by offers site is obviously an idea still in its infancy. I'd like to see what it could do when it gets fleshed out. I'm not sure it would be more accurate, but it would be another good point of view.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

rwspear

to be fair the hog logo is actually 9x bigger than the rest.

/pedantry

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: rwspear on June 22, 2015, 03:17:02 pm
to be fair the hog logo is actually 9x bigger than the rest.

/pedantry
yes but twice the size of all logos "combined"

ZERO

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on June 24, 2015, 01:15:13 pm
yes but twice the size of all logos "combined"

No, it's exactly the size of all the logos combined.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

rwspear

Quote from: ZERO on June 24, 2015, 02:21:57 pm
No, it's exactly the size of all the logos combined.

lol seems simple enough