Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

michael divinity

Started by lefty08, June 19, 2015, 08:54:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lefty08

Haven't heard him mentioned in awhile. Could be wrong but wasn't he a teammate of Guidry? I know he had a teammate we had a shot at. Any news on if we still have a shot at the LB?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

lefty08

Quote from: Wildhog on June 19, 2015, 08:54:59 am
Dejon Harris' teammate.

Thanks I knew it was a committ,  at least I thought I did. Any words on interest?
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

The_Boot_stops_here

Still planning on coming to visit with Harris

Vantage 8 dude

A commit from Michael would truly be divine. 8) ;)

Scott7703

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 19, 2015, 09:07:32 am
Still planning on coming to visit with Harris

Do you like our chances here?

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Scott7703 on June 19, 2015, 10:40:05 am
Do you like our chances here?

Ive never read/heard anything to make me belive that he is all that interested. More than likely, he has an offer from us, we're an sec program and Harris is committed to us and coming up so he figures, why not ride up and check it out too. Im sure I'll get ripped for being negative.

PaintballHog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 19, 2015, 11:07:14 am
Ive never read/heard anything to make me belive that he is all that interested. More than likely, he has an offer from us, we're an sec program and Harris is committed to us and coming up so he figures, why not ride up and check it out too. Im sure I'll get ripped for being negative.

Got another Chicken Little freak out here. Just gotta trust the coaches here. They would recruit him if they want him. If we don't get him, it doesn't matter anyway.

Wildhog

Quote from: PaintballHog on June 19, 2015, 11:33:51 am
Got another Chicken Little freak out here.

Surely you aren't serious.  It was a very reasonable post.  I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were joking.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PaintballHog

Quote from: Wildhog on June 19, 2015, 11:35:48 am
Surely you aren't serious.  It was a very reasonable post.  I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were joking.

You would be correct in the joking.

But anything that isn't 100% positive usually is followed with comments such as those.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: PaintballHog on June 19, 2015, 11:38:28 am
You would be correct in the joking.

But anything that isn't 100% positive usually is followed with comments such as those.
Nah man.. It's your words... You shouldn't be singled out, but it is you today. You may speak with a totally different inflection that allows people to know you're being sarcastic, but if you go back and re read your posts from today you just might find you're appearing to a.) take everything personally, 2.) over defend you'r position to the point of getting off of your original point and #.) just railing against anyone who has a different opinion from yourself. Which seems ironic that you would undervalue other opinions as much as you seem to value your right to express yours ad nausea.   PEACE and enjoy your visit. I believe when the mods get tired of laughing at you, you're gonna come back with a new sig name anyway...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

PaintballHog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on June 19, 2015, 01:24:56 pm
Nah man.. It's your words... You shouldn't be singled out, but it is you today. You may speak with a totally different inflection that allows people to know you're being sarcastic, but if you go back and re read your posts from today you just might find you're appearing to a.) take everything personally, 2.) over defend you'r position to the point of getting off of your original point and #.) just railing against anyone who has a different opinion from yourself. Which seems ironic that you would undervalue other opinions as much as you seem to value your right to express yours ad nausea.   PEACE and enjoy your visit. I believe when the mods get tired of laughing at you, you're gonna come back with a new sig name anyway...

I may disagree with other's opinions on the topic, but I never undervalue them. I undervalue personal attacks from those unable to be civil.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: PaintballHog on June 19, 2015, 01:44:12 pm
I may disagree with other's opinions on the topic, but I never undervalue them. I undervalue personal attacks from those unable to be civil.
OR maybe you over react to rebuttals and take them as attacks. Either way you seem to be getting lots of attention. I like some of what you have to say, but am not a huge fan of your delivery thus far. Don't take my word for it, just check out your post vs smite count. Anytime you have more smites than posts you run a strong probability of coming off cockish...

p.s. I gave you 0 smites...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

PaintballHog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on June 19, 2015, 01:53:57 pm
OR maybe you over react to rebuttals and take them as attacks. Either way you seem to be getting lots of attention. I like some of what you have to say, but am not a huge fan of your delivery thus far. Don't take my word for it, just check out your post vs smite count. Anytime you have more smites than posts you run a strong probability of coming off cockish...

p.s. I gave you 0 smites...

Thank you for having patience in your smiting.

To me, posters just seem to get so emotional when someone has a different opinion that isn't HVPC (Hogville politically correct). In the recruiting section at least, the Missouri game thread last year had zero "I believe in everything the coaches do is correct" talk.

I will admit I have a cockyish tone, which could be turned down some.

WorfHog

It has nothing to do with Political Correctness, you seem to have a negative opinion about almost everything this coaching staff is doing.  A staff that's getting a lot of respect from people who actually know what they're talking about, and that rubs a lot of forum members the wrong way.

This staff is on a higher calibre recruit then we're accustomed to signing, in some cases, and those can take a long time to play out when you're not a top tier program. I'd say, based on the past couple recruiting cycles, that for every kid we know Arkansas is recruiting, there are probably one or two more that the coaches are in contact with. So you can sit on the forum and fret over every turn, or set back and take it in for a bit. I'm telling you man, stressing out about something you cannot control is beyond stupid.

I get that in recruiting there is uncertainty and that leads to fear, but remember.

Quote from: Frank Herbert, Dune
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PaintballHog

Quote from: WorfHog on June 19, 2015, 06:30:29 pm
It has nothing to do with Political Correctness, you seem to have a negative opinion about almost everything this coaching staff is doing.  A staff that's getting a lot of respect from people who actually know what they're talking about, and that rubs a lot of forum members the wrong way.

It seems all my opinions are negative because those are the only ones that stand out. I get excited and post whenever we get a new commit like everyone else.

QuoteThis staff is on a higher calibre recruit then we're accustomed to signing, in some cases, and those can take a long time to play out when you're not a top tier program. I'd say, based on the past couple recruiting cycles, that for every kid we know Arkansas is recruiting, there are probably one or two more that the coaches are in contact with. So you can sit on the forum and fret over every turn, or set back and take it in for a bit. I'm telling you man, stressing out about something you cannot control is beyond stupid.

I get that in recruiting there is uncertainty and that leads to fear, but remember.

The staff has done an amazing job recruiting and will likely be the best recruiting AR has ever had. I just try to look at and discuss things objectively

lefty08

So you think it may be the best recruiting job ever but you intentionally find the negatives so you can be objective?

O

K

PaintballHog

Quote from: lefty08 on June 19, 2015, 09:20:55 pm
So you think it may be the best recruiting job ever but you intentionally find the negatives so you can be objective?

O

K

You can always improve

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: lefty08 on June 19, 2015, 09:20:55 pm

O

K

This board could use more objectivity at times

lefty08

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 19, 2015, 10:11:13 pm

I agree, it could use less b.s. also. There are sports boards you can go to if u just want to argue and encite posters, this shouldn't be a forum for that

WorfHog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 19, 2015, 10:11:13 pm

Objectivity isn't pissing on every thread. It certainly isn't bitching when every recruit you know about isn't offered/committed immediately. 

PaintballHog

Quote from: lefty08 on June 19, 2015, 10:15:20 pm
I agree, it could use less b.s. also. There are sports boards you can go to if u just want to argue and encite posters, this shouldn't be a forum for that

Agreed. This is a forum for civil discussion.

Quote from: WorfHog on June 19, 2015, 11:00:30 pm
Objectivity isn't pissing on every thread. It certainly isn't bitching when every recruit you know about isn't offered/committed immediately. 

Objectivity is calling things with as little bias as possible, usually ending up with positive and negative points of view of different issues. I apologize if it seems all negative to you.