Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Devin White tweet

Started by Music City Hog, June 18, 2015, 07:46:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorWhacker

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on June 29, 2015, 08:37:49 pm
So this article is gold, but his interview with Scout was not even worthy of your mention. Not a comment by you in the thread when he GOES OUT OF HIS WAY to mention Arkansas on video where no amount of rewording is possible. I have no clue where the kid is going, nor do I have my hopes up. In fact, I never allow myself to become emotionally involved with the decision making skills of 17 year old boys. But, I do so tire of those on-line "experts" that wait on pins and needles to pile on when "bad" news is possible, but slither away at the mere utterance of the positive.

Yep. If you need more evidence go see if you can find him posting in the thread about Whaley putting is in his final 5. LOL.

Music City Hog

Quote from: RazorWhacker on June 30, 2015, 07:21:12 am
LOL. He did NOT say those were his top three. SMH.

Again, grown men shouldn't say LOL.

He said ""No they're just three schools who have already stood out a little more than the other ones".

I guess we can translate that however we want.  Seems pretty cut and dry though as of June 29 anyway.  Hopefully, it changes. 

Wildhog

Quote from: Scott7703 on June 30, 2015, 06:55:08 am
These guys are making eddy O look like a second rate recruiter so there has to be more to the story don't you think?

Oh, I think they're dirty as hell.  Until they get caught, though, it's working out very well for them.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

lefty08

Quote from: RazorWhacker on June 30, 2015, 07:21:12 am
LOL. He did NOT say those were his top three. SMH.

He didn't at all. The reporter named those 3. Not any different than the interview where the reporter named schools for him. Guys need to relax, we may not ultimately get him, but this article changes zero
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Wildhog

Quote from: lefty08 on June 30, 2015, 02:58:05 pm
He didn't at all. The reporter named those 3. Not any different than the interview where the reporter named schools for him. Guys need to relax, we may not ultimately get him, but this article changes zero

It was a direct quote from Devin.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PiggoBitttys

I haven't watched these videos and articles, since, well, it literally means even less than a verbal commitment which means little these days. But wasn't everyone excited about another interview literally days ago where he was asked what team stood out and he answered Arkansas?

Didn't he tweet a picture of our RB coach just days ago and say "Me and my main man"...

I am taking the approach that day to day sometimes it may look great for us, and sometimes it may look bad....so why make a big deal about it until things get more narrowed down?

I know, I know, that's what the message board is for. I just think everyone needs some valium if we're going to keep pontificating about the daily quotes and tweets of 17 year old kids. Or maybe I need it to read this board sometimes. :)

RazorWhacker

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 30, 2015, 08:13:41 am
Again, grown men shouldn't say LOL.

He said ""No they're just three schools who have already stood out a little more than the other ones".

I guess we can translate that however we want.  Seems pretty cut and dry though as of June 29 anyway.  Hopefully, it changes.

For the first time: I'm 53 and I couldn't care less what you think I should or shouldn't say.

LOL.

:)

PorkSoda

I haven't been following this closely, so correct me if I'm wrong,

but he is from LA, his top 3 are LSU, BAMA, OM, all 3 willing to stretch the recruiting code of ethics...

IOW, we are a very long shot, despite that he would be a great back for BB's system.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Steef

Quote from: RazorWhacker on June 30, 2015, 03:38:32 pm
For the first time: I'm 53 and I couldn't care less what you think I should or shouldn't say.

LOL.

LOL

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Music City Hog

LOL.

Just trying to help.

lefty08

Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

Music City Hog

Quote from: redeye on June 30, 2015, 08:36:58 pm
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=466535.msg7100352#msg7100352

Haha.  Wow, you did work!   Things change in 3 years.  LOL, Facebook, cargo shorts, etc were cool in 2012.  Not so much now. 

Major, major props for the work you put in!  That's just awesome!  Well done.

lefty08

31to6

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 30, 2015, 08:40:03 pm
Haha.  Wow, you did work!   Things change in 3 years.  LOL, Facebook, cargo shorts, etc were cool in 2012.  Not so much now. 

You are taking this way too far.

Abreviations like LOL, IMO/IMHO, AFK, BRB and many others have been around since the 80's and many people have been using them for decades.

Music City Hog

Quote from: 31to6 on June 30, 2015, 08:56:46 pm

Abreviations like LOL, IMO/IMHO, AFK, BRB and many others have been around since the 80's and many people have been using them for decades.

People have also been wearing pleated pants and using cell phone clips since then.  Doesnt make it ok. 

Music City Hog

Quote from: 31to6 on June 30, 2015, 08:56:46 pm

And those others are perfectly fine.  LOL or any derivative of LOL is the problem. 

redeye

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 30, 2015, 08:40:03 pm

LOL

You worry too much about the little things.  Trying so hard to look grown-up just makes you look stiff like cardboard.

Music City Hog

Quote from: redeye on June 30, 2015, 09:10:51 pm
LOL

You worry too much about the little things.  Trying so hard to look grown-up just makes you look stiff like cardboard.

Like I said, full marks to you!  That actually made me laugh and I loved it.  That made my night!

hawgfan4life

Quote from: LA Football fan on June 29, 2015, 03:58:11 pm
The thing about rb's to me is their ability to make people miss and break tackles.  I don't care how good your offensive line is, they can't block everyone on every running play.  Teams like Georgia that have a Chubb on their team can win games even when their o-line isn't dominating because Chubb can still move the chains by making a defensive player miss him in the hole or break a tackle to score.

I like our running back corp and feel they are extremely good.  However, elite talent can be the difference when you are playing the Bama's, Georgia's, etc.  Hopefully we can land an elite back for this coming class.  If not, we will still be good in the running game but you have to have elite playmakers that can take over a game in space IMO if you want your offense to go to another level.  Scheme and o-line talent can overcome some things but you cannot coach what some rb's bring to the table that can be the difference in winning or losing.  Go Hogs!  Looking forward to the coming season. 

GA had Chubb and how did their offense fare this season?  Takes more than a great RB.  As far as talking about Chubb, he is elite amoung great RBs.  Chubb was probably the best RB in college last year when he was 100% and playing with determination.  Fans need to get the idea out of their head that we are failing if we don't get a RB like Chubb this year or any year.  He is a beast at RB and may end up being the best RB at GA in the past 20 years. 

No doubt RBs like Chubb can be the difference in a game.  Great players are like that regardless of position.  Driscoll was a difference maker at Miss St with the cast he had around him.  Manziel was a phenom but A&M's offense still didn't get them into the SEC championship game.

RB is a huge position for us but so is WR, OL, DL, LB, DB, K, P, PR, etc.  AR's greatest success this season will rest on how healthy and good our QB plays more than any other factor but even if he is spectacular, defense, special team, and pure luck how balls, penalties, and other team's mistakes occur will be just as huge in determining close games.

RB is important but there are plenty of RBs out there that will be more than adequate to help us be successful and even if we fail to sign an elite RB this year, we can sign one the following year and not miss a beat.

31to6

Quote from: hawgfan4life on June 30, 2015, 10:01:22 pm
GA had Chubb and how did their offense fare this season? 
They led the SEC in rushing and scoring offense?

redeye

Quote from: hawgfan4life on June 30, 2015, 10:01:22 pm
... Fans need to get the idea out of their head that we are failing if we don't get a RB like Chubb this year or any year. ...

That was a good post and it's all true.  The thing is that Collins could leave early and we already know JWill and Walker won't be around next year.  I believe Chubb was Georgia's 3rd stringer, and only became their starter after Gurley was ruled ineligible and Michel was injured.  We don't need a great RB for this offense, but neither does Georgia, and yet, where would they be without Chubb?  So, I'm not going to panic if we don't have a stable of great RB's, but it sure would be nice.

BirmingHam

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 30, 2015, 09:05:00 pm
People have also been wearing pleated pants and using cell phone clips since then.  Doesnt make it ok. 

Is it the pleats or the way that I iron my pants???

ZERO

For God's sake, you were being a douchebag and got called out on it. It happens to the best of us, certainly to me before. Going this far to defend something that stupid is far worse.

Let's just move on and get back to Devin White.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

prattville pig

Nothing wrong with cargo shorts,  LOL
Life's too short to last long.

870hogfan

Well this thread went to crap..lol

onebadrubi

Quote from: 870hogfan on July 01, 2015, 08:10:03 am
Well this thread went to crap..lol

From this I get that Devin white wears cargo shorts and uses LOL while Tunsil beats up his step father for riding with agents. 

Porcius Magnus

LOL.

+1 for using "couldn't" instead of "could care less."

presidenthog

Quote from: Porcius Magnus on July 01, 2015, 11:01:35 am
+1 for using "couldn't" instead of "could care less."
I +1'd him for the same thing, also because he realized that saying lol has nothing to do with age.

hawgfan4life

Quote from: 31to6 on June 30, 2015, 10:12:51 pm
They led the SEC in rushing and scoring offense?

Meant team but typed offense.  Overall, their team did well but my point was they weren't in the SEC championship game nor in the BCS playoff.

Oklahawg

I'm done with this crap.

We can't talk recruiting because of the crap posts.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra