Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Devin White tweet

Started by Music City Hog, June 18, 2015, 07:46:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Wildhog on June 19, 2015, 05:12:12 pm
Didn't Michael Smith sit out almost an entire year due to injury? 

Can't remember Fred Talley's injury history.

And caps.
dRUNK cAPS..!  ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HogInFlorida

June 20, 2015, 04:02:23 am #151 Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 05:18:46 am by HogInFlorida
Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 19, 2015, 08:44:24 pm
Well with Enos the overall amount of passing may very well increase. In addition, we're all seen the fact that we haven't had a huge amount of separation from most of our WRs in the past several years. Let's see how things play out....

Enos' offense is much more of a power running scheme than Jim Chaney's. Chaney was much more of a passing guy than Enos. I don't expect us to pass any more. Especially after seeing the spring game.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

secneahog

We passed successfuly on 1st down EVERY play in the scrimmage.

Go and look at Enos qb and Wr stats at CMU. He is going to mix this offense up.

Devin White would be a big key in this offense.

He won't be getting blasted running the ball every down because Enos IS going to keep defenses honest with the pass.  Something Lsu can't do.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Choctaw Hog

June 20, 2015, 09:14:56 am #153 Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 10:28:16 am by Choctaw Hog
Quote from: lefty08 on June 18, 2015, 07:33:15 pm
I'm kind of with you Tusk. I don't see why anyone would be negative or have a bad feeling from that tweet. It has to be the fact LSU wants him, he's in state, and most razorbacks have an inferiority complex when it comes to our recruiting

Not most Razorback Fans, just the loathsome losers. Those types of people are just losers to begin with and they look for the negatives in every aspect of life. 

Vantage 8 dude

June 20, 2015, 09:44:00 am #154 Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 11:37:48 am by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: HogInFlorida on June 20, 2015, 04:02:23 am
Enos' offense is much more of a power running scheme than Jim Chaney's. Chaney was much more of a passing guy than Enos. I don't expect us to pass any more. Especially after seeing the spring game.
As I've said let's see how things play out during the season before you criticize the fact that in YOUR opinion we have too many WRs.

BTW I wouldn't necessarily put too much stock into what we saw in the spring game. You think we're going to show a good part of the playbook during that scrimmage. And while he may not be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, with Brandon's experience at QB you think we're not going to use his arm to our advantage?

HogWall Jackson

Quote from: secneahog on June 20, 2015, 07:34:29 am
We passed successfuly on 1st down EVERY play in the scrimmage.

Go and look at Enos qb and Wr stats at CMU. He is going to mix this offense up.

Devin White would be a big key in this offense.

He won't be getting blasted running the ball every down because Enos IS going to keep defenses honest with the pass.  Something Lsu can't do.

LSU just totally waster the Hilliard kid from Patterson, Louisiana. He was a big back with speed and ability, he was drafted late by the Texans, never got much of a shot at LSU. That seems to happen often there.

imtad16

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 18, 2015, 12:47:58 pm
17 year olds don't always use logic.  Bottom line, Arkansas isn't as "sexy" as Bama, LSU, A&M, Tennessee etc to these kids and among their peers at these camps, all star games etc. 

It makes them feel like much more of a pimp to their boys to choose those schools.  If a RB used logic and reason rather than appearance and street cred, then more of the stud RBs would choose Arkansas.

This is a frustrating reality. Its frustrating that a university or college town's perceived cool factor among other 15 to 19 year old's carries as much weight as it does. I mean when I was 15-19 I probably would have been influenced by the cool factor, but in retrospect it makes me laugh to think that any of that would have mattered at all against things like academic programs, facilities, support programs, future job placement statistics, etc.

P.S. I understand why we would be competing against LSU and Alabama for a big bruising RB like this, but its way beyond me why Ole Miss at least based on their offense and HC's offensive philosophies) would be in the conversation.

greenie

Now even Otis has "crystal balled" White to LSU.  Praying for a miss by Otis.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: greenie on June 20, 2015, 11:05:42 pm
Now even Otis has "crystal balled" White to LSU.  Praying for a miss by Otis.

Mus be a lot of pressure on the kid. I hope he does like Alex Collins and comes home...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

The_Hog_Father

Take this with a huge grain of salt but Otis changed his CB tonight to the LSU Tigers 6/20/15 7:36PM.  :puke:

It seems there was a lot of effort to get him to visit this weekend and it didn't happen.

I hope he pays attention to what we do this Fall...  All the tools are in place for greatness as a :razorback:.

JIHawg

Quote from: imtad16 on June 20, 2015, 02:50:30 pm
This is a frustrating reality. Its frustrating that a university or college town's perceived cool factor among other 15 to 19 year old's carries as much weight as it does. I mean when I was 15-19 I probably would have been influenced by the cool factor, but in retrospect it makes me laugh to think that any of that would have mattered at all against things like academic programs, facilities, support programs, future job placement statistics, etc.

P.S. I understand why we would be competing against LSU and Alabama for a big bruising RB like this, but its way beyond me why Ole Miss at least based on their offense and HC's offensive philosophies) would be in the conversation.

If they make a decision based on the "cool" factor, they may not be uncommon.

JackJohnson

June 21, 2015, 07:26:19 am #161 Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 08:48:57 am by JackJohnson
WPS :razorback:

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: JackJohnson on June 21, 2015, 07:26:19 am
I just think we put all our eggs in too few of baskets.  We didn't target enough big time studs overall nor did we scour the country looking for them.  When CBB was at Wisky he had Hammock recruiting RBs nationally (similar to how Pittman currently recruits OL here).  Since he has been here he has had first Joel Thomas and now Singleton who only recruit Tex. 

Look at this kid from North Carolina who is going to Syracuse.  That by far isn't a sexy school.  We need to expand our horizons when it comes to the way we recruit RBs and treat it how we do OL with the thought that we ought to be able to get them from anywhere bc we have as much if not more to sell to RBs just like we do OL.  like with the OL, RB recruiting at Ark under CBB is one of the premier opportunities for recruits with history of production and draft picks and there should be no reason we are limited to one area. 

http://www.scout.com/player/6447714n-robert-washington/recruiting?s=10

Even if Singleton ends up being an upgrade over Joel Thomas, if we don't expand the scope of who we're going after early, we're gonna end up scrambling late. In other words, you're spot on

PaintballHog

I just think we put all our eggs in too few of baskets.  We didn't target enough big time studs overall nor did we scour the country looking for them.  When CBB was at Wisky he had Hammock recruiting RBs nationally (similar to how Pittman currently recruits OL here).  Since he has been here he has had first Joel Thomas and now Singleton who only recruit Tex. 

Look at this kid from North Carolina who is going to Syracuse.  That by far isn't a sexy school.  We need to expand our horizons when it comes to the way we recruit RBs and treat it how we do OL with the thought that we ought to be able to get them from anywhere bc we have as much if not more to sell to RBs just like we do OL.  like with the OL, RB recruiting at Ark under CBB is one of the premier opportunities for recruits with history of production and draft picks and there should be no reason we are limited to one area. 

Great post.

Hopefully we get someone and AC doesn't leave so it really doesn't hurt us.

RazorWhacker

Uh,  he hasn't committed to anyone yet.

Can we at least wait until he does to start the teeth gnashing and wailing?

Oh, forgot where I was for a second. Better get the sackcloth and ashes out.

Vantage 8 dude

I just have to ask the following: have you contacted CBB and the staff to share you insight into such? I mean all of us who love our Hogs would want you to do so if it means a better recruiting class now and in the future.

Steef

I believe....

Our coaching staff has spoken to Devin White many times and encouraged him to be a Hog.

Our coaching staff has spoken to other running backs as well.

Our coaching staff has considered the prospects of more running backs than they've spoken to.

Our coaching staff has a pretty good idea of what they are going to need for 2016.

And are working to fill those needs.

Better than anyone in this thread could do. Including me.

I would remind folks that...WE only have a brief glimmer of information....a few tweets and pics, here and there...to base our opinions on.

greenie

Quote from: steefhog on June 21, 2015, 01:43:17 pm
I believe....

Our coaching staff has spoken to Devin White many times and encouraged him to be a Hog.

Our coaching staff has considered the prospects of more running backs than they've spoken to.

Our coaching staff has a pretty good idea of what they are going to need for 2016.

I would remind folks that...WE only have a brief glimmer of information....a few tweets and pics, here and there...to base our opinions on.

Thanks, steef.  My thoughts as well. 

The_Boot_stops_here

I believe....

And I believe that this is a message board (specifically the recuiting forum) where we are free to discuss opinions, concerns and other ideas about the current roster, potential recruits, the coaching staff etc. i believe that discussion is ok, regardless of which side you're on. I believe that its ok to disagree with the staff/program. I think its stupid to just shoot down discussion with "you're not a d-1 coach" or "this staff knows stuff you dont". While those are true statements, who cares?  Discussion makes this board intersting. Posts like yours dont

Richard_white

I believe....

Very true.  Way too dang early in recruiting. 

PiggoBitttys

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 21, 2015, 01:58:22 pm
And I believe that this is a message board (specifically the recuiting forum) where we are free to discuss opinions, concerns and other ideas about the current roster, potential recruits, the coaching staff etc. i believe that discussion is ok, regardless of which side you're on. I believe that its ok to disagree with the staff/program. I think its stupid to just shoot down discussion with "you're not a d-1 coach" or "this staff knows stuff you dont". While those are true statements, who cares?  Discussion makes this board intersting. Posts like yours dont

His post IS discussion, and considering several posters have agreed with it, I would say it does make the board interesting to at least some.

Basically, you are saying anyone is free to question the staff or support it.  Which is great. But when someone says while defending the staff, that the attacks on the staff may not be fair at this point given the lack of information, your response to that statement is " who cares" and it does not make the board "interesting." I come to this site for the truth, for information, and occasionally for "interesting" speculation. There will always be those who speculate, and that is totally fair. But to try to eliminate posts that point out the risks of speculation, that's just asking for ignorance to be shared with no bounds!

100%HOG

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 18, 2015, 03:34:22 pm
I'll be shocked if Jeane-Baptiste signs here but thats a thread for another time. 

On the RBs, we almost have to have to have 3.  If JWill and Alex turn pro then we have little to nothing coming back.   No idea what we have in RW, Juan Day hasn't been healthy ever, and Evans has been a bust. 

We desperately need RBs that can play from day one.

Steef

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 21, 2015, 01:58:22 pm

So....you're entitled to YOUR opinion....but I'm not?

NOW...who's 'shooting down discussion'?

I didn't tell you you couldn't discuss it. I just reminded you that you don't know enough to have an informed opinion.

;)

PaintballHog

Steel and Boot are both correct. Speculating and discussing recruiting is a great way to pass the off season, but in the end it's the coaches choices. So let it be entertaining discussions, but let's not get upset or lose any sleep over it.

whosiskid

From all I can tell, the staff did make overtures to a large number of very good running backs. They simply did not return the interest. We offered Matthew Falcon and tried very hard to get a conversation going, but he committed to Michigan and shut down his recruiting. We tried to get Evander Holyfield's son interested in Arkansas, but he seems torn between Georgia and Auburn. We made a move on Kyle Porter of Katy, TX, but he hasn't responded. We've talked a lot about Whalley, but so far we don't seem to have really reached a point where he is seriously considering us. We have seriously tempted White, and while the signs aren't good right now, they did all they could do to try and recruit him.

I will confess that this is all a mystery to me. We are trying to fill a spot that will give a top prospect 200+ carries as a true freshman. I personally would be very comfortable with Damarea Crockett and TJ Hammond filling the role. I think Hammond is extremely underrated as a running back prospect. Most seem to believe that he will be a slot receiver, and that might be where he ends up, but I think he would be a killer running back as well. And Crockett is nearly as good as Hammond, IMO.

Devin White could end up at LSU and turn pro after three seasons, with, say, 1,900 total yards rushing, due to few carries as a freshman and splitting the position with several other top prospects. Or he could go to Arkansas and rush for 3,500 yards in three seasons. Those are the probable prospect for his. That has been laid out for him, but just as we expect our top instate prospects to go to Arkansas, so he just may want to stay instate at LSU.

But let me say this: due to the system Arkansas employs, whoever we get as our main running back from this recruiting class will end up with better career stats than White will if he goes to LSU. We have a system that makes average running backs great. But it would make great running backs even greater.

What I'm saying is that the staff has reached out to a lot of great running backs; we simply didn't get a response. But it is still way too early to despair. Things change. We will work at trying to flip a running back. Or we might go after a back whose recruitment blows up later rather than earlier in the process. Or we might find a juco player we like. Or we go after Crockett. There are all kinds of possible scenarios.

But the one thing that hasn't happened is the staff putting all their stock in getting one of 2 or 3 players. They went after over a dozen and we simply didn't get a response from most of them in the end.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Steef

Quote from: whosiskid on June 21, 2015, 07:03:00 pm
From all I can tell, the staff did make overtures to a large number of very good running backs. They simply did not return the interest. We offered Matthew Falcon and tried very hard to get a conversation going, but he committed to Michigan and shut down his recruiting. We tried to get Evander Holyfield's son interested in Arkansas, but he seems torn between Georgia and Auburn. We made a move on Kyle Porter of Katy, TX, but he hasn't responded. We've talked a lot about Whalley, but so far we don't seem to have really reached a point where he is seriously considering us. We have seriously tempted White, and while the signs aren't good right now, they did all they could do to try and recruit him.

I will confess that this is all a mystery to me. We are trying to fill a spot that will give a top prospect 200+ carries as a true freshman. I personally would be very comfortable with Damarea Crockett and TJ Hammond filling the role. I think Hammond is extremely underrated as a running back prospect. Most seem to believe that he will be a slot receiver, and that might be where he ends up, but I think he would be a killer running back as well. And Crockett is nearly as good as Hammond, IMO.

Devin White could end up at LSU and turn pro after three seasons, with, say, 1,900 total yards rushing, due to few carries as a freshman and splitting the position with several other top prospects. Or he could go to Arkansas and rush for 3,500 yards in three seasons. Those are the probable prospect for his. That has been laid out for him, but just as we expect our top instate prospects to go to Arkansas, so he just may want to stay instate at LSU.

But let me say this: due to the system Arkansas employs, whoever we get as our main running back from this recruiting class will end up with better career stats than White will if he goes to LSU. We have a system that makes average running backs great. But it would make great running backs even greater.

What I'm saying is that the staff has reached out to a lot of great running backs; we simply didn't get a response. But it is still way too early to despair. Things change. We will work at trying to flip a running back. Or we might go after a back whose recruitment blows up later rather than earlier in the process. Or we might find a juco player we like. Or we go after Crockett. There are all kinds of possible scenarios.

But the one thing that hasn't happened is the staff putting all their stock in getting one of 2 or 3 players. They went after over a dozen and we simply didn't get a response from most of them in the end.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

One the top ten posts on this site this year.

Any forum.

Everyone should read it twice.

Thanks, who.

Vantage 8 dude

Great post! Yep, often times it's not a matter of us NOT reaching out and making the efforts to get these kids interested. At times it's seems as you say-they apparently aren't all that interested or only give us a passing look. For the life of me THAT I can't understand. While I realize not every player is going to chose the Hogs, for whatever reason(s), to not even at least take a (half) serious look at some point makes little to no sense. With CBB's system AND the outstanding OL we're constantly recruiting a 1,000 yard back is almost guaranteed baring injury.

Hogs-n-Roses

There are prolly things we don't know. Trust the staff. Lots of angles n dynamics possible. Biggest one is that its early in the process. I've become a g;lass half full kinda guy wit this staff. Let us go 9-3 wit only close losses to powerful teams and they'll line up to come here.

ComeonHogs!!!

Great post. Thanks for pulling people back from the edge. I would had this "speculation" as to why it has been hard to get this class of running backs to "respond " to us.
I believe this is part of the price we have to pay for the two years of total chaos. This class of RB were 13, 14 year old kids when they started to understand they could go play D1 football. Talk about first impression, ours Sucked.
With this upcoming year to help wipe away the "Sins of the past" I look forward to see who will be reaching out to us. Give it time.
State Pride!!!

Hog Fan from Camden

This is a very accurate post!  It probably won't make sense to some because it does not fit their agenda, but great effort anyway.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 21, 2015, 08:09:02 pm
Great post! Yep, often times it's not a matter of us NOT reaching out and making the efforts to get these kids interested. At times it's seems as you say-they apparently aren't all that interested or only give us a passing look. For the life of me THAT I can't understand. While I realize not every player is going to chose the Hogs, for whatever reason(s), to not even at least take a (half) serious look at some point makes little to no sense. With CBB's system AND the outstanding OL we're constantly recruiting a 1,000 yard back is almost guaranteed baring injury.

I see it like this:  Big time RB's have had the focus on them and their play since they were in pee wee football.  They are great athletes and high-profile players, and they well know it.

As a result they have been told how beautiful they are and now they pretty much believe it.  A kid with that mindset wants to go to the "best", which I believe in this day and age equates to the highest profile, biggest name out there.

Kids such as this simply don't see Arkansas in that rarefied air at this time.  We just had the first winning season in four years.  Yes, we are a program on the rise, and many see this, but these top RB's aren't all that interested in programs on the rise -- they want to "take their talents" to a program that they see is equal to their abilities and prestige. 

Today, that is not Arkansas.  IMO that's why the staff is not getting the responses many on here think they should be getting.

It's just going to take time.  Patience is definitely a virtue.  But that time is coming when Arkansas is a program the big time RB's doing the reaching out to.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Steef

Thread is open again.

Please take care when posting about recruits/players.

hawgfan4life

Posters amaze me with their assumptions based on no known facts other than the information they gleen from media.  AR will have reviewed and talked to countless RB prospects fans are completely unaware of and the media are unaware of this early in the recruiting period. 

We do NOT have to sign a RB that is one of the top 10 RB in the nation to sign a great RB that will be incredibly talented and make fans forget they were ever worried.  Please stop fretting about one position that is probably one of the easiest to fill with adequate players.  It doesn't matter if you have a RB that can take it to the house every touch if you can drive it down the field and the defense can't do anything about you running the ball at them 3,4, and 5 yards every play.

BB and staff are doing a better job of filling the needs on both LOS than has ever been done at AR since Broyles was coach.  When you have an awesome OL, you can make average RBs awesome.  They continue to build the LOS on both sides of the ball in a manner that is absolutely amazing.  For any fan to be critical of any area of recruiting in which we are currently one of the best is simply absurd until we notably drop off in that area.  As of right now, we are RB university and will remain so until we aren't.  Why not relax until we see we are ineffective signing players and fielding a good RB game.  Even if you want to panic, now is absolutely way too soon to start that emotion.

bigred223

I have a feeling we will be fine at the rb position.

mhuff

Quote from: steefhog on June 21, 2015, 07:43:41 pm
One the top ten posts on this site this year.

Any forum.

Everyone should read it twice.

Thanks, who.

Both Steef and Who are good, credible posters. Both need to post more. Thanks

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Steef

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Steef

MissippHog

COCHISE

Encouraging video. Mentions us specifically and seems to light up a little bit when talking about the program.

http://recruiting.scout.com/story/1557679-devin-white-talks-recruiting-and-decision?s=10

Wildhog

Quote from: COCHISE on June 24, 2015, 11:53:23 am
Encouraging video. Mentions us specifically and seems to light up a little bit when talking about the program.

http://recruiting.scout.com/story/1557679-devin-white-talks-recruiting-and-decision?s=10

We definitely need him.  I do think we've got a somewhat legit shot at him.
1909/1964/1965/1977

GalaHawg

Mom playing a big role in his decision in another good sign for us. Nobody recruits moms like CBB. Mom would also like that his cousin is already on campus.

BatesvilleHOG

Devin is an impressive young man. He's like me, a family man, and he speaks very well. Sounds like Bielema needs to make best friends with Devin's mother so we can snatch him up.

Seems to me that out of the schools mentioned, Arkansas, Auburn, A&M, and Bama stand the best chances of landing him. With either Bama, Arkansas, or Auburn being the most logical choices. Hopefully coach B's track record with RB's can be enough for Devin and Momma White fax his LOI to The Hill!!

The_Hog_Father

That WAS encouraging, thank you for the link. +1

COCHISE

So Jimbo's pitch is, "Come play for us because the rest of the ACC sucks." LMAO.

RyeHogFan

Quote from: COCHISE on June 24, 2015, 01:08:02 pm
So Jimbo's pitch is, "Come play for us because the rest of the ACC sucks." LMAO.

That cracked me up too. I can't wait for FSU to get smacked by an ACC team this year so they can say, "You didn't take take the starters out at halftime today,  did ya?!"

wholehog92

So either somewhere in the SECw or FL st.  Sorry Ms St., you don't belong.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

IBleedRazorbackRed

No LSU is nice. And Florida State is a joke

RazorWhacker

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on June 24, 2015, 02:21:12 pm
No LSU is nice. And Florida State is a joke

Yet Otis changed his prediction to LSU creating near mass hysteria just a couple of days ago.

Just goes to show you. Nobody knows jack about where he will go. I have family down there and what they all hear is Arkansas has as good a chance as anybody to get him.

My gut, after hearing that interview says us or Alabama.