Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chris Daniels

Started by dahogs23, May 23, 2015, 01:17:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dahogs23

Anyone have any insight in why we didn't make his top ten?

sickboy

Weird. Would have thought we'd make his top 10.

WildRazorback

Quote from: dahogs23 on May 23, 2015, 01:17:05 pm

In his video posted on Twitter he stated that he was only including schools that have offered him a scholarship. An Arkansas offer would almost certainly put us in the running.

dahogs23

I didn't realize we had not offered.

whosiskid

Quote from: dahogs23 on May 23, 2015, 01:17:05 pm

I raised the question of why we hadn't pursued him, since he seemed like as close to a lock an out of state kid was going to get. No one seemed to have an answer:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=592213.0
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

jbcarol

Quote from: WildRazorback on May 23, 2015, 02:11:14 pm
In his video posted on Twitter he stated that he was only including schools that have offered him a scholarship. An Arkansas offer would almost certainly put us in the running.

Christopher Daniels retweeted
Joe the accountant @joeyjarratt501  ·  5h 5 hours ago

Wish the hogs would have made @clicclac97 top 10 but completely understand since an offer hasn't been made. #WooPig #BEARKANSAS
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

MissippHog

RD,
Are our coaches pursuing Chris Daniels?

PaintballHog

Quote from: whosiskid on May 23, 2015, 09:38:16 pm
I raised the question of why we hadn't pursued him, since he seemed like as close to a lock an out of state kid was going to get. No one seemed to have an answer:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=592213.0

Quite a mystery

ZERO

Quote from: MissippHog on May 23, 2015, 10:08:03 pm
RD,
Are our coaches pursuing Chris Daniels?

I would like to know this, as well. It looks like he's going to be blowing up.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

whosiskid

Quote from: ZERO on May 24, 2015, 01:25:45 am
I would like to know this, as well. It looks like he's going to be blowing up.

One think I've wondered is whether he failed to make the elite player weekend a couple of months ago and that hurt  him. Like perhaps it was a violation of protocol. It may be that he could attend camp this summer and everything would be OK. His Arkansas roots just seem so impossibly deep for him to want to go to TCU instead of Fayetteville. Bielema seems to place more of a demand on instate Arkansas players and it seems he may be treating Daniels more as an Arkansas player than a Texas one.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Hawgdwellings

ricepig

PaintballHog

Hawgdwellings

Quote from: PaintballHog on June 02, 2015, 03:21:22 pm
No questioning allowed

not questioning! have so much faith in these coaches! so refreshing to have coaches that actually do their homework and dont just go off stars!

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hawgdwellings on June 02, 2015, 03:10:25 pm
how do you offer this kid

http://247sports.com/Player/Marcel-Southall-81596

but not this one

http://247sports.com/Player/Chris-Daniels-31899

Quote from: ricepig on June 02, 2015, 03:11:50 pm
I don't know, go ask Roy and Bret.

Exactly.  A staff has so much information about a kid that will never come out, and sometimes that "stuff" makes a big difference.

No inference here to Daniels, just saying.  I have no doubts this staff holds an offer to a talented kid sometimes because they just don't believe he's a good fit for the culture they are trying to build this program on.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

The_Boot_stops_here

ricepig

jgphillips3

Who knows the reasoning here.  This I do know: I trust this staff.  They have earned my respect as recruiters of high quality players and high quality young men and they stick to their guns on how they conduct their business.  If he does not have an offer, then I trust there is a valid reason.  I also trust that it's not a silly reason and if he does (or does not do as the case may be) whatever it is that is required, he will get one.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on June 02, 2015, 06:10:24 pm
The guy that owns a bar in Paragould........

Well played

Dahogs

Who is this dahogs impersonator?

ZERO

Quote from: Dahogs on June 02, 2015, 08:38:53 pm
Who is this dahogs impersonator?

The real one has only posted 217 times in eight and a half years, so we had to find a replacement.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

tusksincolorado

Quote from: ricepig on June 02, 2015, 06:10:24 pm
The guy that owns a bar in Paragould........

Man...did I spend a lifetime one night at Roy's back in 1984!

That was the year I caught the Paragould Plague!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Tusks

Quote from: tusksincolorado on June 02, 2015, 10:18:04 pm
Man...did I spend a lifetime one night at Roy's back in 1984!

That was the year I caught the Paragould Plague!

Was she a blonde, brunette or redhead?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: Hawgdwellings on June 02, 2015, 03:10:25 pm
how do you offer this kid

http://247sports.com/Player/Marcel-Southall-81596

but not this one

http://247sports.com/Player/Chris-Daniels-31899
Ask Nick Saban, Charlie Strong and Kevin Sumlin while you are at it.  They have all offered Southhall but not Daniels. 

PaintballHog

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on June 03, 2015, 08:47:32 am
Ask Nick Saban, Charlie Strong and Kevin Sumlin while you are at it.  They have all offered Southhall but not Daniels.

Sumlin offered both, along with Meyer, Harbaugh, and Dantonio offering Daniels. Not sure what your point is. 

tusksincolorado

Quote from: tusked on June 02, 2015, 11:05:19 pm
Was she a blonde, brunette or redhead?

Brunette....took 11 years to get rid of the Plague, and cost around 25K in professional services.

Porcius Magnus

ricepig

Quote from: PaintballHog on June 03, 2015, 08:58:36 am
Sumlin offered both, along with Meyer, Harbaugh, and Dantonio offering Daniels. Not sure what your point is. 

His point is, coaches make the offers, some see things differently.

BigSexyHog

Roy does have a good bar.  Spent a lot of time at that place while in college
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

mhuff

Quote from: BigSexyHog on June 03, 2015, 01:09:37 pm

I think I was responsible for them building a motel across the hwy.

ricepig

Quote from: BigSexyHog on June 03, 2015, 01:09:37 pm

They used to cook a mean cheeseburger there, or it could have been the beer.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: ricepig on June 03, 2015, 01:31:57 pm
They used to cook a mean cheeseburger there, or it could have been the beer.

It WAS the beer....

tusksincolorado

tusksincolorado

Do you guys remember the White Way Inn? And Marie's?

I think there is a McDonalds there now. But Marie's is still there.

BigSexyHog

You guys are right.  The beer made those cheeseburgers the best ever.  No question
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

rolyat_2008

PaintballHog

DT Chris Daniels Euless (Texas) Trinity
NEW RANK   PREV. RANK   DIFFERENCE
160                  70                   -90

"Daniels brings a lot to the table. He's a guy who can play up and down the defensive line and he is a physical specimen at 6-foot-3 and 300 pounds. However, he tends to get a little high and he needs to work his hands better. As his technique improves he could make some big strides up the rankings."
- Howell

https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1771086

PaintballHog

Quote from: rolyat_2008 on June 03, 2015, 09:05:41 pm
DT Chris Daniels Euless (Texas) Trinity
NEW RANK   PREV. RANK   DIFFERENCE
160                  70                   -90

"Daniels brings a lot to the table. He's a guy who can play up and down the defensive line and he is a physical specimen at 6-foot-3 and 300 pounds. However, he tends to get a little high and he needs to work his hands better. As his technique improves he could make some big strides up the rankings."
- Howell

https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1771086

Good find, read up on Crockett too on there. +1

I wonder what is more desirable with our staff for defense;

A player that has all the physical tools, an athletic beast, but needs to learn technique and get a higher football IQ

or

A great football IQ, great motor, good technique, but needs to thicken up and add some muscle.

Basically who could get them more SEC ready, Herb or Smith?

Just brainstorming here.

I would say the kid that has the metal game down. With redshirting becoming more popular, twoish years with Herb should get the player in shape, but sometimes you can't teach someone the mental side of it.

jackflash

Some of it maybe they have a lot of defensive Lineman their looking at. How many are they going to take. Two from Arkansas think they take two from La. Isn't there a Defensive Lineman from North Carolina they like?

jjdlc

Quote from: jackflash on June 04, 2015, 11:26:25 am
Some of it maybe they have a lot of defensive Lineman their looking at. How many are they going to take. Two from Arkansas think they take two from La. Isn't there a Defensive Lineman from North Carolina they like?

Dexter Lawrence

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Dexter-Lawrence-154494

Currently the number 1 rated player in the country on rivals.  We're supposedly going to get a visit, but there will be some stiff competition for his services.

Tusks

Here's a question.  Has Daniels ever set foot on the UA campus.....for a camp, official visit?

Has he ever met with any of the coaches while on the campus?

If no, then that may be why he doesn't have an offer yet.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

PaintballHog

Quote from: tusked on June 04, 2015, 02:48:09 pm
Here's a question.  Has Daniels ever set foot on the UA campus.....for a camp, official visit?

Has he ever met with any of the coaches while on the campus?

If no, then that may be why he doesn't have an offer yet.

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/Offers

Here are all our offers, not all of them has been to campus. Actually alot of them haven't, they're just ranked high enough that we offer them anyway. Which Daniels would fit that bill.

DEVIL DOG HOG

Could he have academic problems?
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

ricepig

Quote from: PaintballHog on June 04, 2015, 03:11:54 pm

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/Offers

Here are all our offers, not all of them has been to campus. Actually alot of them haven't, they're just ranked high enough that we offer them anyway. Which Daniels would fit that bill.

Obviously he isn't ranked high enough on our board, yet.

PaintballHog

Quote from: ricepig on June 04, 2015, 03:33:01 pm
Obviously he isn't ranked high enough on our board, yet.

But enough to visit his school

ricepig

Quote from: PaintballHog on June 04, 2015, 03:47:49 pm
But enough to visit his school

Lots of kids that way, I read we did 168 evaluations in this last period. I don't think all of them got offers.

PaintballHog

Quote from: ricepig on June 04, 2015, 04:01:10 pm
Lots of kids that way, I read we did 168 evaluations in this last period. I don't think all of them got offers.

You are correct. But you have to admit this situation is unique. All the attibutes of being an instate kid who likes the hogs, but doesn't live here atm, who is one of the top prospects at his position. At first we didn't show interest, which is fine, not our guy for whatever reason. I'm cool with that. Then we try to get him to visit, things fall out, not sure why. Visit his school. Now we're back to no interest.

Alot of questions.

ricepig

Quote from: PaintballHog on June 04, 2015, 04:33:22 pm
You are correct. But you have to admit this situation is unique. All the attibutes of being an instate kid who likes the hogs, but doesn't live here atm, who is one of the top prospects at his position. At first we didn't show interest, which is fine, not our guy for whatever reason. I'm cool with that. Then we try to get him to visit, things fall out, not sure why. Visit his school. Now we're back to no interest.

Alot of questions.

Not really, you just don't know their answers, nor do I.

WorfHog

Quote from: ricepig on June 04, 2015, 05:01:41 pm
Not really, you just don't know their answers, nor do I.

redeye

He supposedly released an announcement date today.  Anyone know when it is?