Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BOT meeting

Started by parallaxpig, November 08, 2017, 07:14:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

parallaxpig

Any news from BOT meeting today?
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Rudy Baylor

They discussed education

That's their role

ricepig

parallaxpig

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 08, 2017, 07:15:58 pm
They discussed education

That's their role

So they discussed how to educate Long on how to hire a successful coach at the U of A.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

HoggyCat

Opening tomorrow with Bert/Jeffi employment.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Piggfoot

If there is any discussion on JL and BB it will be in the executive session not privy to others.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

ricepig

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 08, 2017, 07:18:54 pm

Wrong, breakfast is first.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: parallaxpig on November 08, 2017, 07:18:42 pm
So they discussed how to educate Long on how to hire a successful coach at the U of A.

;)

HoggyCat

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 08, 2017, 07:21:21 pm
If there is any discussion on JL and BB it will be in the executive session not privy to others.

Media will be there.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2017, 07:22:28 pm

it says "light lunch"

I hope Pillowhead Jackson doesn't see this

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

HoggyCat

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2017, 07:22:28 pm

Then the house cleaning session.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 08, 2017, 07:24:23 pm
it says "light lunch"

I hope Pillowhead Jackson doesn't see this

Probably lobster rolls from Sunday's leftovers.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 08, 2017, 07:25:46 pm

what do you think the "light breakfast" entailed?

onebadrubi

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 08, 2017, 07:24:43 pm
Then the house cleaning session.

My wife always skips this part!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 08, 2017, 07:26:29 pm
what do you think the "light breakfast" entailed?

Cathead buttermilk biscuits and gravy. Bet they get them from that great little restaurant off Cantrell in Little Rock. Can't recall the name right now but good breakfast there.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 08, 2017, 07:18:54 pm
Nope. Boards can't and don't work that way.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 08, 2017, 07:26:43 pm
My wife always skips this part!

IF YOU WOULD HELP HER EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE SHE MIGHT DO BETTER!  >:(

Tweeter

Wonder what's going to be discuss in executive session?

ricepig

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 08, 2017, 07:28:35 pm
IF YOU WOULD HELP HER EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE SHE MIGHT DO BETTER!  >:(

I did, I said would you please get me a beer while you're mopping the kitchen.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 08, 2017, 07:28:10 pm
Cathead buttermilk biscuits and gravy. Bet they get them from that great little restaurant off Cantrell in Little Rock. Can't recall the name right now but good breakfast there.

that sounds like a lot of cholesterol

Not just high carbs. But high cholesterol.

Double whammy.

Not sure that instills my growing faith in the BOT  >:(

swineology

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 08, 2017, 07:25:46 pm

Box lunches available, my guess is PBJ sammiches and stale chips

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2017, 07:30:01 pm
I did, I said would you please get "me" a beer while you're mopping the kitchen.

Why yes. I will be glad to get "me" a beer.

Thank you.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Tweeter on November 08, 2017, 07:29:31 pm
Wonder what’s going to be discuss in executive session?
It would be against the law for them to tell us.

I can tell you this though. They won't be taking Jeff Long into an executive session and "straightening him out" as some have suggested. Boards cannot do that. The Board can't even fire Jeff Long or CBB if they wanted to. They could fire the President and Chancellor and hire replacements that would fire them but they are not going to fire JL or CBB. And legally, they are not even supposed to discuss the issue even in executive session unless the Chancellor has initiated discipline or termination.

What Boards of Education can and can not do is one of the greatest misunderstood things associated with education.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 08, 2017, 07:28:11 pm

absolutely correct!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Tweeter on November 08, 2017, 07:29:31 pm
Wonder what's going to be discuss in executive session?

-Recent trends as it relates to Hogville in general.
-The launch of the Unofficial Coaching Search Forum as it relates to Hogville.
-The Pepsi contract as it relates to a 20 year extension for DWRRS, BWA, Baum, etc.
-Yours truly as it relates to my haunting of Barnhill Arena and the FOC.
-Review of contract bids as it relates to creating a new, DWRRS flight banner defense system.
-Light lunch as it relates to a light lunch.
-Alt accounts for BOT members as it relates to Hogville.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 08, 2017, 07:28:11 pm

Folks just don't seem to get how boards work.

Tweeter

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 08, 2017, 07:35:13 pm

I can tell you this though. They won't be taking Jeff Long into an executive session and "straightening him out" as some have suggested. Boards cannot do that. The Board can't even fire Jeff Long or CBB if they wanted to. They could fire the President and Chancellor and hire replacements that would fire them but they are not going to fire JL or CBB. And legally, they are not even supposed to discuss the issue even in executive session unless the Chancellor has initiated discipline or termination.

What Boards of Education can and can not do is one of the greatest misunderstood things associated with education.
No but they can make their life hell!!!

Rudy Baylor

November 08, 2017, 07:39:32 pm #28 Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 07:54:01 pm by Rudy Baylor

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Tweeter on November 08, 2017, 07:38:35 pm
No but they can make their life hell!!!
They are not to even have contact with an employee unless it through the Chancellor. Boards are not as powerful as people think.

parallaxpig

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 08, 2017, 07:35:13 pm

Thanks for ruining it for the rest of us. We thought a tar and feathering was a sure thing.

Tweeter

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 08, 2017, 07:39:52 pm
They are not to even have contact with an employee unless it through the Chancellor. Boards are not as powerful as people think.

You don't think they can do that indirectly???

mckinneyhog5

Why do you care what the BOT says. Hawgon and PRJ obviously know what's going on. You got Hardon spreading unfounded rumors about BB and PRJ wining and dining with the elite to get their opinion. What more could you possibly learn from the BOT? ;)
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: parallaxpig on November 08, 2017, 07:40:16 pm
Thanks for ruining it for the rest of us. We thought a tar and feathering was a sure thing.
People must realize Boards of Education do not RUN the institutions they are over. They OVERSEE them. That is a huge difference. The President and the Chancellors of each University RUN the institutions.

parallaxpig

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 08, 2017, 07:37:33 pm
Folks just don't seem to get how boards work.

But I know how "off the record talk" during break works.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Tweeter on November 08, 2017, 07:42:31 pm
You don’t think they can do that indirectly???
About all they can do is pressure the President.

cjack

I would go with the words of board members that have chosen to respond to emails over anything or anyone else.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 08, 2017, 07:42:48 pm
Why do you care what the BOT says. Hawgon and PRJ obviously know what's going on. You got Hardon spreading unfounded rumors about BB and PRJ wining and dining with the elite to get their opinion. What more could you possibly learn from the BOT? ;)

I keep saying we're simply better off taking shifts in the bushes outside Powerhouse so we can report the moment Gruden shows up than waiting for something to come from the BOT meeting. ;D

Tweeter

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 08, 2017, 07:44:30 pm
About all they can do is pressure the President.
You realize crap rolls down hill???

mckinneyhog5

Also, didn't the BOT approve the hiring of BB?
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Tweeter on November 08, 2017, 07:47:02 pm
Do you seriously think they are gong to run off a President, Chancellor, and an AD just to get rid of a football coach? As I said, they might not be overly happy about an employee but they really can't do anything other than complain. The President and Chancellor runs the university.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 08, 2017, 07:49:19 pm
Also, didn't the BOT approve the hiring of BB?
Yes. The Board approves hires AT THE RECOMMENDATION of the Chancellor.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 08, 2017, 07:53:50 pm
Do you seriously think they are gong to run off a President, Chancellor, and an AD just to get rid of a football coach? As I said, they might not be overly happy about an employee but they really can't do anything other than complain. The President and Chancellor runs the university.

Who makes more money?

The President, or the Chancellor, or the AD, or the coach?

Porked Tongue

Gotta love it when people get the facts but resort to some halfassed theory that doesn't pass the smell test to stay in the conversation.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 08, 2017, 07:55:24 pm
Who makes more money?

I would guess they are all pretty close when you exclude Foundation money.

ricepig

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 08, 2017, 07:55:24 pm
Who makes more money?

It goes in reverse order of your listing.........

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Tweeter on November 08, 2017, 07:47:02 pm

Hey man, it's your world. If you want some happy little crap rolling down your happy little BOT hills, you can paint your happy little crap rolling down your happy little BOT hills. When you realize you might have some mistaken information though, this might come in handy....

Light Lunch is the clue here.  They don't want to tackle the heavy work on an full stomach.  It can get downright ugly.  Such as I realize we aren't supposed to get into the daily workings of these Institutions but I am tired of the horse crap so maybe we could encourage the President to take whatever measures he deems necessary to either make changes or announce there are no changes.  He already knows that if he wants our opinion(s), he just needs to ask.  My days are uncomfortable enough without me having to explain I am not involved in matters of personnel unless asked.

Tweeter

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 08, 2017, 07:53:50 pm
What sport you thinks makes the most money for the university and helps fund salaries?
So yes i think they would. Money controls !!

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Tweeter on November 08, 2017, 08:03:06 pm
What sport you thinks makes the most money for the university and helps fund salaries?
So yes i think they would. Money controls !!
Nope. Not over one season of not making a bowl.