Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Defensive Coordinator Hired Yet?

Started by Randy Beaver, January 08, 2018, 09:44:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Only thing good about Applebees is the beer and TV.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: tusked on January 08, 2018, 09:53:24 am
I don't get the cloak and dagger crap.  Hire the coaches, announce them and move on.
^^^^ +1000 I really think that it is crazy.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

PonderinHog

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 08, 2018, 11:44:17 am
I'm not following what you are saying.  Who is Dagger and Cloak?  And what positions are they being considered for?  Simple question....
Dagger will coach safeties and Cloak will coach cornerbacks.

WaltonCollege

theFlyingHog

mckinneyhog5

Has Chavis been offically let go by A&M yet?
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

FraggleHog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 08, 2018, 11:59:26 am
Has Chavis been offically let go by A&M yet?

They hired ND's DC, so I'd say unofficially official
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Jonbo

Quote from: 12247 on January 08, 2018, 10:59:28 am
A few years ago, I heard that Saban had 2 Guys named Cloak & Dagger as his personal analysts for football.  Heard he was paying them from his salary so they weren't associated with the school.  Supposed to be they are the reasons he's been so successful.  These Guys know football but have no desire to actually coach according to rumor.  Saban has a Private in the military who is dating a General's daughter and can get the use of highly secret military satellites.  So they zero in on every practice at BAMA and also the practices of the upcoming opponent, tell Saban exactly what hes doing wrong, what the opponent is going to do and formulate a complete game plan that is nearly impossible to overcome.  Based on Bama's record, I believe this is true.
Or..., Bama has good bagmen.

Randy Beaver

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 08, 2018, 11:56:58 am

Supposedly, Chavis is going to be the coordinator hire.  Have they worked with him before?  I can't find them listed as working on his staff at Texas A&M?

razoredge178

Quote from: GuvHog on January 08, 2018, 09:55:01 am
They never tried to keep it a secret. They just haven't officially announced it.

We shouldn't have to wait for an announcement. If he has been officially hired it should be pubic record and subject to an FOIA request.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: razoredge178 on January 08, 2018, 12:11:23 pm
We shouldn't have to wait for an announcement. If he has been officially hired it should be pubic record and subject to an FOIA request.

We shouldn't have to listen to what you think should be done as far as any announcement either.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 08, 2018, 09:44:30 am
If no defensive coordinator has been hired yet, why not see if we can hire Monte Kiffin?  He has Arkansas ties coaching at UA from 1977-1979.  My wife and I meet with a few other couples at Applesbee's twice a month during the college football season to discuss all things college football.  It is great when they have the all you can eat riblets special running.  Anyway, we all came up with the Kiffin idea this past week.  Think this would be an unbelievable hire for the Razorbacks and send some ripples through the SEC.  If any of you would be interested in joining our college football roundtable discussions at Applebee's, we would love to have you.  It really is a special group of people!!

let's do it!

razoredge178

January 08, 2018, 12:18:34 pm #62 Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 12:30:53 pm by razoredge178
Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 08, 2018, 12:13:36 pm
We shouldn't have to listen to what you think should be done as far as any announcement either.

Didn't say a damn thing about what I think should be done. Its not a thinking thing you waste of space. Its a matter of public record and subject to FOIA requests.

Jonbo

Per the Applebee's rating discussion: Until fairly recently I had only eaten Cajun dishes like gumbo and jambalaya at places like Applebees and Chili's. Then I had an oyster po'boy at a crafts-fair refreshment tent down by NO. Then, sometime later on, I ate some Gumbo in a little joint in, oddly enough, Eureka Springs. While savoring this gumbo I asked my wife how it was that Cajun food is"meh" to me, but I LOVE THIS STUFF, and also that po'boy I ate last year. She, who knows her Cajun, told me that that was the only real Cajun I'd ever had. So, if Cajun is represented by what they serve at the likes of Chili's and Applebees, I don't care if I never have it. If it's what I ate in those little joints, then bring me more of that s###!

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 08, 2018, 11:44:17 am
I'm not following what you are saying.  Who is Dagger and Cloak?  And what positions are they being considered for?  Simple question....

Phil Dagger is a very respected special teams coach

Alan Cloak must be a quality control guy

Randy Beaver

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 08, 2018, 11:56:58 am

According to this post, one will coach safeties and the other will coach cornerbacks.

I don't believe any of you guys truly know.

FraggleHog

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 08, 2018, 12:23:07 pm
According to this post, one will coach safeties and the other will coach cornerbacks.

I don't believe any of you guys truly know.

Dude... they're messing with you... Welcome to Hogville

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Johnny Bobo on January 08, 2018, 12:21:33 pm
Phil Dagger is a very respected special teams coach

Alan Cloak must be a quality control guy

Speaking of quality control you might want to reconsider your avatar...........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Randy Beaver

Quote from: FraggleHog on January 08, 2018, 12:24:18 pm

Ok, so which is it? 

HogFansReunited

Quote from: FraggleHog on January 08, 2018, 12:24:18 pm

Pretty sure it's the other way around.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

rzrbk4life

I'm loving these new slogans CCM is coming up with.

#fulltiltboogie
#hammerdown
#cloakanddagger
Let's call those hogs!!!!

FraggleHog

Porknoxville

Can they give our secondary jersey numbers such as 007?

ricepig

Quote from: razoredge178 on January 08, 2018, 12:11:23 pm

Head on down to the BAC, they'll get it for you when they finish building it.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: rzrbk4life on January 08, 2018, 12:35:10 pm
I'm loving these new slogans CCM is coming up with.

#fulltiltboogie
#hammerdown
#cloakanddagger

Here's a new one:

#beavertroll.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: razoredge178 on January 08, 2018, 12:18:34 pm
Didn't say a damn thing about what I think should be done. Its not a thinking thing you waste of space. Its a matter of public record and subject to FOIA requests.

NOT if he hasn't sighed anything yet to make it officially official.

elksnort

Quote from: ricepig on January 08, 2018, 10:35:00 am
Just as soon as we get one! There may be one in West Memphis, not sure that counts.
Is there not one on Phillips Drive? Next to all the hotels.

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

ricepig

Quote from: elksnort on January 08, 2018, 01:15:05 pm
Is there not one on Phillips Drive? Next to all the hotels.

Nope, that's a Ruby Tuesday's.

Randy Beaver

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 08, 2018, 01:10:07 pm
Here's a new one:

#beavertroll.

Ridiculous.  Here's one for u from the old country
#BarmyTosser

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on January 08, 2018, 01:16:59 pm
Nope, that's a Ruby Tuesday's.

And the last time I ate at that one it was dirty and bad food.

gumbohog

Drop the Mike

Is a riblet from a pig the equivalent to a nugget from a chicken?

BR

Quote from: Drop the Mike on January 08, 2018, 01:28:47 pm
YES......
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Biggus Piggus

Today's Monday the 8th. Isn't it Rex Ryan today?
[CENSORED]!

hawgwash

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 08, 2018, 01:12:09 pm
I know I've sighed a lot while reading this thread.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Drop the Mike on January 08, 2018, 01:28:47 pm

No.......show me where the "nugget" is located on a chicken...

alohawg

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on January 08, 2018, 01:34:08 pm
No.......show me where the "nugget" is located on a chicken...

Near the chickens rear?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: alohawg on January 08, 2018, 01:35:31 pm
Near the chickens rear?

You mean all those Chicken McNuggets I've eaten......?

ricepig

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on January 08, 2018, 01:38:15 pm
You mean all those Chicken McNuggets I've eaten......?

Think rooster fries...mountain oysters....

Randy Beaver

Next college football discussion is set for this Friday at Springdale Applebee's.  Plan on meeting for drinks at bar at 7:00, dinner about 8:00, and discussion immediately following.  Usually stay long enough to take advantage of the half price appetizer during Happy Hour.  Me and my wife and 4 other couples are currently confirmed.  One couple from Springdale, one from Bentonville, one from Berryville, and one couple all the way from Hardy.  God bless them for making that drive.  Would love to fill the place up and discuss tonight's National Championship game and Razorback football.  Hopefully enough people will see it here.  Hate to start another thread about it.  Might be frowned upon.

razoredge178

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 08, 2018, 01:12:09 pm

Technically speaking, Arkansas is very strict on this matter. If he isn't an official employee, he shouldn't be serving in any capacity related to the University.