Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Portland State game thread

Started by Kilgor, November 18, 2005, 07:03:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilgor

Portland's radio crew said "...all kinds of creatures with funny looking red hats on here.  Male, female, and everything in between."

What the crap?  Go Hogs!  Kick Portland State (--insert whatever their mascot is here--) tail all the way back to the west coast!
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Since 1894

5 to 5 16:30 to play

Townes just scored
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Since 1894

J.M. hit a 3

10 to 5 we just stole for a duck - 12 to 5

pioneerbasketball

I like they're announcers. Seem very nice and was talking brief about arkansas basketball history.

Hogeyeblind

Since 1894

Had to go - Pizza arrived -

Hogs up 20 to 10

Since 1894

Since 1894

Thomas working on an old fashion 3 point play

Since 1894

Shot good, ALL HOGS

11:56 to play 25 to 10

Since 1894

weevilhogg

heath is running up the score.  fire him ;)
Oh my!

Since 1894

20 point lead - 33 to 13

19 - 0 run

Since 1894

B Ray

Since 1894

Rick just told said (on the radio) that HDN was calling the BB plays tonight!

B Ray

Quote from: Since 1894 on November 18, 2005, 07:33:56 pm
All right...Portland St has a NEW coach

Boarcephus

Brewer with a steal and dunk...40-19
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Since 1894

Quote from: B Ray on November 18, 2005, 07:35:44 pm
Quote from: Since 1894 on November 18, 2005, 07:33:56 pm
All right...Portland St has a NEW coach

SORRY you fool - He is Calling the hogs plays tonight!

Since 1894

9 for 9 from the line!!!

4:25 to play 44 - 22

Boarcephus

Wish Joe Klien was on the broadcasting team.  It would be nice to know how the new offense really looks.   44-24 with 3 something left in the first half.  Brewer as 14, Townes has 8.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

WILL CLINTON

Brewer with a 3, 2:41 to play, 52-24
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Boarcephus

52-24, Brewer has 17, Modica has a dozen or so.  2 something left.   10/11 from the line

Since 1894

WILL CLINTON

Nice to talk to you all about something we can agree on.  GAME ON!!!!

Since 1894

Quote from: dubyacee on November 18, 2005, 07:47:17 pm
Nice to talk to you all about something we can agree on. GAME ON!!!!

We are really behind in the game, this whole thing is just a rumor

Since 1894

Ronnie with 20

Team shooting 57 %

Since 1894

Since 1894

At the half - 60 to 29

The Bud is rocking

Boarcephus

clemensrules01

ronnie's career high is 23. he scored 20 in the first half.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Since 1894 on November 18, 2005, 07:48:07 pm

I heard that there was a press conference announcing Heath had been replaced by Phil Jackson and Brewer was on the bench with Preston Cranford starting in his place, and that the cloud hindered them from getting a real point guard.  But this is all rumor.

Since 1894

Quote from: dubyacee on November 18, 2005, 07:54:47 pm
Quote from: Since 1894 on November 18, 2005, 07:48:07 pm

LOL

I heard that there was a press conference announcing Heath had been replaced by Phil Jackson and Brewer was on the bench with Preston Cranford starting in his place, and that the cloud hindered them from getting a real point guard. But this is all rumor.

flash23

With Tired Eyes, Tired Minds, Tired Souls, We Slept.

corndo

I just started listening, 62-30 wow! Of course, I used to live in Portland and I used to see them play some, I'm not too surprised.

flash23

Make that 68-37 with a timeout.

16:50 left.

WILL CLINTON

Arkansas up 68-37, 17:24 to go, Brewer with 22, dont know anyone else's score. 

corndo

flash23

Can't find anything about the attendance, sorry. I think Yahoo Sports posts the attendance at the end of the game.

72-37

Foshodo

Jesus, I'm loving the new offense... i cant wait to actually see this team on TV or in person.

corndo

Is it too early to be talking about a national championship???   :D

Hog1751

Quote from: corndo on November 18, 2005, 08:33:29 pm
Is it too early to be talking about a national championship??? :D

Next year Im betting on at  least the Final 4

dudemanhog

Is it too early to be talking about a national championship???   :D

It's Portland St. for Christ's sake.

corndo

Quote from: Hog1751 on November 18, 2005, 08:35:20 pm

Next year Im betting on at least the Final 4

I'll take just going back to the tournament this year.

corndo

Quote from: dudemanhog on November 18, 2005, 08:37:03 pm

I was kidding.

Hog1751

Quote from: corndo on November 18, 2005, 08:37:34 pm
Quote from: Hog1751 on November 18, 2005, 08:35:20 pm

Next year Im betting on at least the Final 4

I'll take just going back to the tournament this year.

Agreed

dudemanhog

Quote from: corndo on November 18, 2005, 08:38:02 pm
Quote from: dudemanhog on November 18, 2005, 08:37:03 pm

I was kidding.

Thank God. You were scaring me.

swoopeshog

Quote from: devildoghawg on November 28, 2012, 07:37:57 pm
Regardless of what Obama's told you, unemployment is not a job.

Quote from: staffhog on November 30, 2015, 11:35:15 pm
You guys are just like my wife.  No matter how good a job I do, it is not quite up to her expectations.

corndo

There you go PA grad Sammy Munsey!

corndo