Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eric Ferguson

Started by Lt.Dangle, November 12, 2005, 12:18:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lt.Dangle

Was arrested for DWI in Springdale almost a week ago. Why the media hasn't picked up on this is beyond me.

aristotle

Quote from: Lt.Dangle on November 12, 2005, 12:18:24 pm
Was arrested for DWI in Springdale almost a week ago. Why the media hasn't picked up on this is beyond me.

nothing listed on that, how do you know this?

http://www.co.washington.ar.us/Sheriff/Index.html

Lt.Dangle

Quote from: aristotle on November 12, 2005, 12:26:34 pm
Quote from: Lt.Dangle on November 12, 2005, 12:18:24 pm

nothing listed on that, how do you know this?

http://www.co.washington.ar.us/Sheriff/Index.html

I ummm how do you say..... was "close" to the situation. When someone is arrested in Springdale they are not sent to WCSO unless it is a Felony. Springdale has its on Mis. jail. And Springdale does not post a jail log online.

aristotle

So your saying Eric F was arrested a week ago for DWI and there is no recording of it? Or that the recording is not accessible via the internet? There are so many unsubstantiated rumors flying around these days, do you have any way to corroborate this?? I'm not saying your right or wrong, but would like evidence on something this serious. Anything you could link us to?

lechon

November 12, 2005, 12:38:48 pm #4 Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 12:45:31 pm by razor9
Quote from: aristotle on November 12, 2005, 12:35:48 pm
So your saying Eric F was arrested a week ago for DWI and there is no recording of it? Or that the recording is not accessible via the internet? There are so many unsubstantiated rumors flying around these days, do you have any way to corroborate this?? I'm not saying your right or wrong, but would like evidence on something this serious. Anything you could link us to?

The guy is a cop. I believe he knows.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

Lt.Dangle

There is no online list of people arrested in Springdale or I would. You could call the Springdale PD to ask. Its freedom of information so they should tell you. Belive me I wouldn't just drag a players name through the mud if I was not 150% sure of it.

Lt.Dangle

Quote from: razor9 on November 12, 2005, 12:38:48 pm

Hey DUMBASS !!! The guy is a cop. I believe he knows.
Never said I was ;)

aristotle

Quote from: razor9 on November 12, 2005, 12:38:48 pm

Hey DUMBASS !!! The guy is a cop. I believe he knows.

Maybe he knows or not. I assume he is a cop, just wanted hard info. Considering this is a message board where rumors are more prevelent then fact, I just wanted a link. I do find it strange that noone in the media has caught on, that's all.

razorback4life

Looks like it is true about Eric.

aristotle

Quote from: pseudorabies on November 12, 2005, 12:51:38 pm

Did you call and confirm? That sucks for him if so.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: aristotle on November 12, 2005, 12:53:14 pm
Quote from: pseudorabies on November 12, 2005, 12:51:38 pm

Did you call and confirm? That sucks for him if so.

To hell with him if he's drinking and driving them, bust his ASS for it.  No SYMPATHY here.     ::)

Rusty Jackson

its true...just talked to springdale PD

lunchbox72703

Quote from: Rusty Jackson on November 12, 2005, 02:57:31 pm
its true...just talked to springdale PD

I know Rusty, you just talked to me....get the fax?  ;)..........and footage is allright, but isn't a mugshot better?  LOL

Gman

What a loser, he shouldn't even be on the bench.  I can't believe this has not been made public yet.  I guess the guy is innocent until proven guilty.  Its just DWI, really pisses me off.

lunchbox72703

Well....everyone makes mistake...and Eric was sorry for what he had done.  Here is my biggest concern for him....The Judge in Springdale is a very hard Judge, who is not opposed to throwing someone in jail for ten days.  Unlike Fayetteville....politics do not come into play in springdale.  Eric might be MIA for a few.  Interesting quotes in sunday's paper about Ferguson, though.  "IT was just a player, coach thing"

LL COOL HOG

It was in the swtimes...I believe. Eric was arrested for failure to pay a freakin ticket.  Scott Faldon can give us better details.   

razorback44

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on November 14, 2005, 03:25:01 am
Well....everyone makes mistake...and Eric was sorry for what he had done. Here is my biggest concern for him....The Judge in Springdale is a very hard Judge, who is not opposed to throwing someone in jail for ten days. Unlike Fayetteville....politics do not come into play in springdale. Eric might be MIA for a few. Interesting quotes in sunday's paper about Ferguson, though. "IT was just a player, coach thing"

He probably wont go to court until February or March, and he can ask for his trial to be postponed, to push it past the end of basketball season.  I doubt he will miss any games over this.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

lunchbox72703

Quote from: bigrod155 on November 14, 2005, 03:39:26 am
It was in the swtimes...I believe. Eric was arrested for failure to pay a freakin ticket. Scott Faldon can give us better details.

your're right, except that is an old charge.   What we are talking about happened a week ago in springdale, and was DWI.  New Charge for Eric.

lunchbox72703

Scott Faldon doesn't have all of the details to this one yet....

Hog in MO

Quote from: Gman on November 13, 2005, 08:53:53 am
What a loser, he shouldn't even be on the bench. I can't believe this has not been made public yet. I guess the guy is innocent until proven guilty. Its just DWI, really pisses me off.

So do you not drink at all?  Just asking because I don't know you.  I can understand you're feelings on the subject, its a very emotional one - especially for those that have lost someone to an alcohol-related accident, but i bet if you took a poll of Hogville you would'nt find many who haven't done a little drinkin' and drivin' at some point in their lives - whether or not they got caught is irrelevant.  Let's not be so quick to throw those stones.  Maybe you have NEVER, EVER had a DROP of alcohol and driven a car - good for you then - but most of us have no room to judge Eric on this one.

pork-e-pine

its not an issue of judging eric.  But even if you drink and drive you should know that drinking and driving is wrong.  It is like shooting a gun with your eyes closed.  What he did was stupid and he should be punished severely.  I am not saying his life should be over.  But some time that 10 days in jail sounds pretty fair to me.  He should just be thankful that he got caught.  Maybe he learned a lesson.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

Gman

November 14, 2005, 04:22:57 pm #21 Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 04:48:22 pm by Gman
Quote from: Hog in MO on November 14, 2005, 06:53:42 am
Quote from: Gman on November 13, 2005, 08:53:53 am
What a loser, he shouldn't even be on the bench. I can't believe this has not been made public yet. I guess the guy is innocent until proven guilty. Its just DWI, really pisses me off.

So do you not drink at all? Just asking because I don't know you. I can understand you're feelings on the subject, its a very emotional one - especially for those that have lost someone to an alcohol-related accident, but i bet if you took a poll of Hogville you would'nt find many who haven't done a little drinkin' and drivin' at some point in their lives - whether or not they got caught is irrelevant. Let's not be so quick to throw those stones. Maybe you have NEVER, EVER had a DROP of alcohol and driven a car - good for you then - but most of us have no room to judge Eric on this one.
  No, I am not one to usually drink, so I would rarely have an opportunity to drive while impaired.  I'm not judging his actions, I just have no sympathy for anyone that gets caught drinking and driving.  I lost my best friend to a drunk driver, a year out of high school.  Then a girlfriend a few years later.  To me its just stupid to put yourself in that sort of situation, and care so little about the lives of others to get behind the wheel drunk.  So no, I'm not judging, I just don't have any sympathy for them, sort of like thier lack of concern for others when they go out to drink and don't have any plans on how to get back home except for driving themselves. 

Hog in MO

Nobody is condoning drinking and driving and Eric should be punished for his actions - i just don't want to see him villified for something the majority of us have been guilty of doing at least once.  I also have a problem with cops coming on message boards to make sure everybody knows about it because the press did'nt see the need to report it - or did'nt find out about it because they don't have "sources" in the Springdale jailhouse like they do in Fayetteville. 

bigred7987

its DWI not DUI....that means he had 1-3 beers at most if he wasn't over the legal limit.  I believe most people on here would say they could drive with 2 beers in them.   

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: bigred7987 on November 14, 2005, 05:39:28 pm
its DWI not DUI....that means he had 1-3 beers at most if he wasn't over the legal limit. I believe most people on here would say they could drive with 2 beers in them.

I am not sure what you are trying to say, but DWI is Driving while intoxicated.  Over a .08, DUI is driving under the influence, thats between .02 and .079.  Each beer puts you up .02 for about an hour, your body burns off alcohol at about .02 points an hour. 

Just FYI.

dudemanhog

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on November 14, 2005, 05:45:38 pm
its DWI not DUI....that means he had 1-3 beers at most if he wasn't over the legal limit. I believe most people on here would say they could drive with 2 beers in them.

I am not sure what you are trying to say, but DWI is Driving while intoxicated.  Over a .08, DUI is driving under the influence, thats between .02 and .079.  Each beer puts you up .02 for about an hour, your body burns off alcohol at about .02 points an hour. 

Just FYI.

Ah, so you've been to court-ordered DWI class as well, huh?

Extra Point

I am not sure what you are trying to say, but DWI is Driving while intoxicated. Over a .08, DUI is driving under the influence, thats between .02 and .079. Each beer puts you up .02 for about an hour, your body burns off alcohol at about .02 points an hour.

Just FYI.

Tulsa, it's different in Arkansas.  In OK, DWI is Driving While Intoxicated.  In Arkansas, it's Driving While Impaired which is under .08.

Getting your state laws confused.

PulledPork

spoken like someone in the medical field, I should know.  I worked in trauma centers where a lot of drunks were brought in.  Believe me, you pay attention to that stuff so you can guesstimate when you get rid of the a$$holes.

Pulled out!

I am not sure what you are trying to say, but DWI is Driving while intoxicated. Over a .08, DUI is driving under the influence, thats between .02 and .079. Each beer puts you up .02 for about an hour, your body burns off alcohol at about .02 points an hour.

Just FYI.

PulledPork

six of one, half dozen of the other.  Point is he was drinking and driving.....a NO NO!

Pulled out!

Cajun Hog

Quote from: razorback44 on November 14, 2005, 04:25:41 am
Well....everyone makes mistake...and Eric was sorry for what he had done. Here is my biggest concern for him....The Judge in Springdale is a very hard Judge, who is not opposed to throwing someone in jail for ten days. Unlike Fayetteville....politics do not come into play in springdale. Eric might be MIA for a few. Interesting quotes in sunday's paper about Ferguson, though. "IT was just a player, coach thing"

He probably wont go to court until February or March, and he can ask for his trial to be postponed, to push it past the end of basketball season. I doubt he will miss any games over this.

He better miss the Maui trip.  SH needs to set the tone early this year.  This has the makings of a very good year, don't screw it up SH.

clemensrules01

Quote from: Creole Hog on November 14, 2005, 09:25:27 pm
Quote from: razorback44 on November 14, 2005, 04:25:41 am

He probably wont go to court until February or March, and he can ask for his trial to be postponed, to push it past the end of basketball season. I doubt he will miss any games over this.

He better miss the Maui trip. SH needs to set the tone early this year. This has the makings of a very good year, don't screw it up SH.
youre right. Stan Heath needs to set the tone that we are here to win games...none of the other bullshiite.  the players who want to partake in that can get their arses off the court.

bigred7987

QuoteTulsa, it's different in Arkansas.  In OK, DWI is Driving While Intoxicated.  In Arkansas, it's Driving While Impaired which is under .08.

As it is here in Tennessee...
All I'm saying is I'm an athlete and there have been nights where I have drank.  I don't feel I should be suspended for that and I don't think Eric should either

PulledPork

Quote from: bigred7987 on November 14, 2005, 10:16:51 pm
QuoteTulsa, it's different in Arkansas. In OK, DWI is Driving While Intoxicated. In Arkansas, it's Driving While Impaired which is under .08.

As it is here in Tennessee...
All I'm saying is I'm an athlete and there have been nights where I have drank. I don't feel I should be suspended for that and I don't think Eric should either
you deserve the book thrown at you if you get behind a wheel.  Heaven help you if you were to hit me or my family while drinking and driving.

Pulled out!

rricha

it ain't went public it ain;t happened yet

fatman423

Quote from: Extra Point on November 14, 2005, 08:06:10 pm

Just FYI.

Tulsa, it's different in Arkansas. In OK, DWI is Driving While Intoxicated. In Arkansas, it's Driving While Impaired which is under .08.

Actually, DUI is for someone under the age of 21 who operates a motor vehicle w/ a BAC of .02% or more, but less than .08%.  DWI is operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (affected by the ingestion of alcohol or a controlled substance to the extent that he/she poses a danger), or w/ a BAC of .08% or over.

Net Hog

Ferguson needs to stay out of trouble.

Snoop Hoggy Hog

bigred7987

All I'm saying is if he was noticably drunk then yes its wrong but if he had one or two beers...which is DWI here in TN....then don't blow this out of proportion.  I know very few ppl that show side effects of drunkeness after 2 beers.  If you have never went to dinner and had a beer and then driven home then go ahead and talk...but if not  just shut up move on. 

Fatty McGee

Why don't we see if he actually gets convicted first?
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

juke

Quote from: Fatty McGee on November 15, 2005, 06:51:36 am
Why don't we see if he actually gets convicted first?

His BAC was .16%.  Even if he is found not guilty (ie, the officer didnt' have cause to pull him over), the fact remains he was drunk behind the wheel.  Kudos to Stan Heath for taking action.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: juke on November 15, 2005, 06:57:42 am
His BAC was .16%. Even if he is found not guilty (ie, the officer didnt' have cause to pull him over), the fact remains he was drunk behind the wheel. Kudos to Stan Heath for taking action.

BAC machines can be wrong.  But that's certainly not a good number. 
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Beaverfever

.016 is definately more than a beer or 2....and btw....i always thought dui referred to any other sort of intoxication....marijuana, pills, etc...maybe im wrong

rricha

May be he is a alcoholic of the worst kind may need to go to some AA meetings and say My name is Eric F. and I am a