question

Started by jackflash, January 28, 2017, 09:27:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jackflash

with us having assistant job opening why no hire

ricepig

Quote from: jackflash on January 28, 2017, 09:27:10 am
with us having assistant job opening why no hire

I guess the same reason 7 out of 14 other SEC schools haven't.

HHH

I believe CBB stated he is waiting til after the Super Bowl when some coaches in the NFL will start moving around.  Tells me he may have someone in mind currently under contract with an NFL team (not necessarily ATL or NE though).  Some of their personnel may get promoted to other teams and the displaced coaches will be a new talent pool.  Imagine getting a former NFL Def. Coord. as a position coach on your staff.  Helps recruiting.

HHH

Also helps install the 3-4 front since it is used a lot in the NFL.

Tortfeasor

Maybe quietly hoping Segrest gets NFL offer.

LZH

PearlHarbor

Quote from: HHH on January 28, 2017, 09:38:24 am
Also helps install the 3-4 front since it is used a lot in the NFL.

Surely, considering we have not one single defensive lineman committed, 5 days before signing day....

I guess no one has received a letter yet.

jusgtohogs

Could be that they're focused on recruiting, the most important task for this time of year.

ricepig

Quote from: jusgtohogs on January 28, 2017, 10:24:22 am
Could be that they're focused on recruiting, the most important task for this time of year.

Can't be that.......

tophawg19

Quote from: ricepig on January 28, 2017, 09:28:55 am
I guess the same reason 7 out of 14 other SEC schools haven't.
yep also a trend among them. they aren't recruiting well either . Other than A&M who has a decent class but none of the top  10 texas kids this year .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

tophawg19

Quote from: HHH on January 28, 2017, 09:37:14 am
I believe CBB stated he is waiting til after the Super Bowl when some coaches in the NFL will start moving around.  Tells me he may have someone in mind currently under contract with an NFL team (not necessarily ATL or NE though).  Some of their personnel may get promoted to other teams and the displaced coaches will be a new talent pool.  Imagine getting a former NFL Def. Coord. as a position coach on your staff.  Helps recruiting.
NFL coaches often don't transfer well to college. they are used to 40+ hours to coach players . college only allows 20 .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins