Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My daughter just committed to UA Soccer!

Started by TennesseeRaz, January 27, 2017, 01:56:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TennesseeRaz

Will definitely have more trips to NWA in my future.

Thanks to the soccer staff there for giving us peace about shipping our daughter back to the promised land.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

East TN HAWG

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

oldhawg

Enjoy the next four years.

Our son played soccer from the time he was five years old, through college, and afterwards.  He (and my wife and I) enjoyed every moment.  Soccer can be a sport to take into adulthood as a participant much like basketball.

Congratulations.

Thunderhog Jr

:razorback:

Good for her, Congratulations..............

:razorback:
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

TushCrush

JIHawg

That is awesome. She must be a heck of a good player too.

LRHawg

UA soccer is on the rise. Congrats on the commit! I'd be super proud, can only imagine.

Maddhog

Congratulations!   Happy for her and your family. 🐗⚽️
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

Hogforlife

sowmonella

You must be very proud. Congrats  :razorback: :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Piggfoot

Happy for your daughter. Can she kick field goals?
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

TennesseeRaz

Quote from: Piggfoot on January 27, 2017, 03:42:42 pm
Happy for your daughter. Can she kick field goals?
No, but my boys could!  (They both play NAIA soccer here in TN.)

phadedhawg

That's awesome!!!!  Gratz!!!

You must be so proud.

FutureMan

That's awesome man, congratulations to you and your daughter.  What position does she play?
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

FANONTHEHILL

Awesome news.  Welcome to the Razorback family.  Coach Hale does an amazing job.  So happy for your daughter and entire family. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

nchogg

Very pleased. Go Hogett,  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

snoblind

OutlawHawg

Congratulations! Has to be a proud moment for you as parents.

1highhog

Quote from: TennesseeRaz on January 27, 2017, 01:56:39 pm

Thanks to the soccer staff there for giving us peace about shipping our daughter back to the promised land.

Congratulations!  I know you're one proud PaPa.  May she have a great career.  WPS!!!

BENJAMINX

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hoglady

That's wonderful.
I know you are one proud parent!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

mhuff

Congratulations. Everyone on here but me may already know this, but did you Guys have a connection to Arkansas before She signed. 

rljjr

Outstanding!! Congrats to you and your family.

Hog Fan from Camden

Pigsfeat

Congratulations! Hope she has a great career and much success!  :razorback:
"You don't eat mayonnaise to be healthy!"
E. Neal

hoggytonk

98hogs

Congrats,  Take her to Herman's Rib House for dinner and the Walmart neighborhood market for groceries.  Cost me at least $500 this weekend with my kid.

greasy_corner

hawgmasta

Congratulations!!! That's gonna be amazing for you and her!

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Bubba's Bruisers

Congrats!  That program is seemingly on the rise.  Great sport too.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Ramboar

I'll be yo Huckleberry

texas tush hog

Quote from: TennesseeRaz on January 27, 2017, 01:56:39 pm

Congratulations sir, have watched the girls soccer team grow since it's inception. My oldest daughter was one of the original Ladyback soccer players back in '86. One of the first letter winners. She now has two grown sons who play baseball, one for the Arizona Diamond Backs farm system and one about to enter college. The Ladybacks have really grown since those first years, facility wise and everything. Have a great ride.

HogimusMaximus

Congratulations, you must be very excited.  No does she expect a sweet car with the money you are saving on tuition?

SamBuckhart

Quote from: LRHawg on January 27, 2017, 03:01:24 pm
UA soccer is on the rise. Congrats on the commit! I'd be super proud, can only imagine.
This is great. Thanks for sharing. Wooo Pig!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

TennesseeRaz

Quote from: FutureMan on January 27, 2017, 03:55:36 pm
That's awesome man, congratulations to you and your daughter.  What position does she play?

She's played primarily somewhere in the midfield or sweeper/center back, depending on the system and the coach.  I guess we'll see Fall 2018 where Coach Hale thinks she fits.

TennesseeRaz

January 28, 2017, 08:08:14 am #44 Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 08:20:38 am by TennesseeRaz
Quote from: 12247 on January 27, 2017, 06:54:26 pm
Congratulations. Everyone on here but me may already know this, but did you Guys have a connection to Arkansas before She signed. 
Academically and by birth, yes.  I'm from NWA and went to UA as did my parents and sibling.  Fortunately, they still live in the area.  But if you're asking if we knew anyone in the program, no.  We emailed a few times over the last year, but they first saw her guest play in a tournament at Disney last month when her recruiting "blew up."  Prior to that, her recruiting was limited to smaller colleges within 200 miles of us because D1 schools didn't really know about her.   Most of her life she's played on a boys' select team for a small program in Chattanooga, and then a girls' home school team during the school season.  She did play on a "semi-pro" Chattanooga team (http://www.chattanoogafcwomen.com/news/madison-ricketts-makes-a-mark ) last summer and gained a tremendous amount of confidence competing against many SEC players.

TennesseeRaz

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on January 28, 2017, 04:15:30 am
Congratulations, you must be very excited.  No does she expect a sweet car with the money you are saving on tuition?
Ummm.  No.  Have you seen what they charge for a parking permit at UA???  The permit would be worth more than any car she would show up with.

Horse racer

Congrats! It's a big deal to get a free education

LZH

Quote from: TennesseeRaz on January 28, 2017, 08:09:40 am
  Ummm.  No.  Have you seen what they charge for a parking permit at UA???  The permit would be worth more than any car she would show up with.

Amen to that brotha....

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on January 28, 2017, 08:44:32 am
Amen to that brotha....

What's a $1000 amongst friends, got to pay for those lost Lot 44 parking spots somehow.......

JRHoward

Woooo Pig!