Started by factchecker, January 20, 2017, 12:19:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

plumbhog

Well I'm sold. We should have a top 25 defense from now on. Right?
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

hogsnott

Wow,  sounds good !!  Iowa State is a little behind in tech.  I haven't seen a projector used in years.

Bacons Rebellion

I love it! JUST SAY NO TO POWERPOINT!!

Transparencies and an overhead projector. A sheet of paper covering up the next bullet. Old school. Bring back Astroturf, by god.

All Rhoads lead to victory!

DeltaBoy

I grew up with it and find a great level of comfort with a projector and overhead cells.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

farmhawg

Quote from: hogsnott on January 20, 2017, 05:56:59 am
Wow,  sounds good !!  Iowa State is a little behind in tech.  I haven't seen a projector used in years.

Lets hope he is not as behind as the technology.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

#1Fan

Hoggish1

Quote from: factchecker on January 20, 2017, 12:19:42 am

Simple precepts—but then the game is not brain surgery.  Doing the five things will allow the player to play fast.

Hoggish1

Tech and Iowa State usually don't go in the same sentence...

logand02

Thanks for the video. Keep it Simple!

Looking forward to a much improved defense.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: #1Fan on January 20, 2017, 08:20:05 am
From 1996?  Some things might have changed since then.
Scheming has changed but fundamentals haven't.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

braxhog

LOL. Seriously though, when you go present at a clinic, you use the technology available to you. I still love the transparencies and projector though haha.

Pork Twain

Quote from: #1Fan on January 20, 2017, 08:20:05 am
From 1996?  Some things might have changed since then.
When I see comments like this I often think to what a homes must have been built like when America was first colonized and freed from the savages.  Back then they put the roof on the bottom, the foundation on the sides and the walls on the top.  Those were the simpler days...  I am however, very pleased that we have completely changed the foundational concept of how houses are built today vs the 1400's, because as we all know, foundational principles do not remain the same over time.

/sarcasm
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

longpig

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 20, 2017, 08:06:48 am
I grew up with it and find a great level of comfort with a projector and overhead cells.

The lights go out and the projector comes on. 

Nap time.
Don't be scared, be smart.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 20, 2017, 10:47:38 am
When I see comments like this I often think to what a home must have been built like when America was first colonized and freed from the savages.  Back then they put the roof on the bottom, the foundation on the sides and the walls on the bottom.  Those were the simpler days...  I am however, very pleased that we have completely changed the foundational concept of how houses are built today vs the 1400's, because as we all know, foundational principles do not remain the same over time.

/sarcasm
+1

Hogs run wild

When I see comments like this I often think to what a homes must have been built like when America was first colonized and freed from the savages.  Back then they put the roof on the bottom, the foundation on the sides and the walls on the top.  Those were the simpler days...  I am however, very pleased that we have completely changed the foundational concept of how houses are built today vs the 1400's, because as we all know, foundational principles do not remain the same over time.

/sarcasm
we sure he didn't mean the technology after people talking about projectors and all?
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

PonderinHog

/sarcasm
Who let the aggie architect board the Mayflower?    ::)

Inhogswetrust

January 23, 2017, 12:08:40 pm #18 Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 07:02:29 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 20, 2017, 09:44:07 am

I wouldn't get carried away. It unfortunately ranks a little higher than the University of Arkansas for National Universities by US News. That being said they don't put as much emphasis on athletics as we do.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HF#1

In 2 years folks will be calling for his head as well, assuming Bielema is still here, and still needs a whipping boy to throw to the masses.

Robb Smith wasn't a yes man thus he left for Minnesota. I see Rhoads following the same path eventually.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

DeltaBoy

Quote from: longpig on January 20, 2017, 11:01:35 am
The lights go out and the projector comes on. 

Nap time.

Not with Coach Mike Gray cause he could bounch a Eraser off your head all the way on the back row.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 20, 2017, 09:44:07 am

Iowa State's full name is the Iowa State University of Science and Technology.

True story.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Wisco Pig on January 24, 2017, 08:43:50 am
Iowa State's full name is the Iowa State University of Soybean Science and Technology.

True story.
FIFY
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Michael D Huff AIA

DO YOUR JOB.  I like it. 

Now we just need to see it on the field.  We had a lot of guys not doing their jobs last year.  And the year before.  And the year before that.

dqhog

If Paul Rhoads wasn't the DC there is one highly ranked recruit who wouldn't be committing to the Razorbacks.  He made a BIG difference in this guy committing to the U of A.  This kid committed before Smith left and said that "Rhoads knows what he is doing and is who I want to learn from".