Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC is......

Started by code red, January 24, 2015, 08:14:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

I don't watch much basketball but from the limited amount of SEC teams I've seen play, none except KY are very good.  It could be that the other conferences have just as many very average to bad teams as we do, therefore, allowing our bad teams to rank well.  I've seen Arkansas play very well for short periods and I've seen them look very bad for short periods.  We should get better and I hope we do. 

Hawg Red

There were some concerns early on in the non-conference season with some ugly losses to bad teams, but the SEC looks much, much better than it was last season. I think we'll see 5 SEC teams in the NCAA tournament. Kentucky, Arkansas, Georgia, and LSU are tournament teams unless something changes. Alabama, Ole Miss, A&M and Tennessee will produce at least one tournament team, I'd think. Could see as many as 6 SEC teams in the field this year, but I'm going with 5. That number should grow in the coming years when coaches like Frank Martin and Bruce Pearl get things going. Stallings will get Vandy back in it, too. And, of course, Florida isn't going to be this bad again anytime soon. In 2 years, I could see the SEC being the top conference in college basketball.

Letsroll1200

Underrated and very competitive! I believe that Kentucky, Arkansas, Texas A&M and LSU will be the teams that will make the NCAA tournament. Texas A&M has good guard play and Jones can put the ball in the basket down low.