Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well, did the college playoff do what you thought it would?

Started by hogsanity, January 13, 2015, 08:35:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

Quote from: Sportster365 on January 13, 2015, 10:02:38 am
Here's my mock 8 team playoff using this years post-bowl game rankings.  Keep in mind there's a different level of focus and motivation that come along with playing for a Nat'l. Title than playing for a consolation trophy.

1. Alabama 2. Oregon 3. Florida St. 4. Ohio State 5. Baylor 6. TCU 7. Mississippi St. 8. Mich. St

Alabama vs. Mich. State
Oregon vs. Mississippi State
Florida St. vs. TCU
Ohio St. vs. Baylor

Alabama vs. Ohio State
Mississippi St. vs TCU

Alabama vs. TCU

Alabama 2015 Champs

How do you have a 2 loss Bama ahead of a 1 loss Ohio State who beat Bama?

Also, Mississippi State is a bit surprising after they got blown out by Georgia Tech, no?

1) Ohio State
8. Georgia

4) Alabama
5) Michigan State

2) TCU
7) Florida State

3)Oregon
6) Baylor
WPS

jbcarol

From Chris Low:

ESPN SEC @ESPN_SEC  ·  3 hours ago
Playoff may not be SEC party some envisioned http://es.pn/1D3jbKY

QuoteThe College Football Playoff is a different animal, and those of us who thought the SEC might get two seats at the table every couple of years were dead wrong.

The most iron-clad unwritten rule going is that conference champions will get first dibs every time, and I'm not necessarily saying that's a bad thing.

Ohio State was the fourth team in this season and earned its spot by destroying Wisconsin in the Big Ten championship game. I'd say the Buckeyes were a worthy participant with the way they mowed down Alabama and Oregon in a span of 12 days.

Once given the stage, they proved they were the best team in the country and did so with a team that many thought was a year away.

Now, could they have navigated their way through the SEC with just one loss and even been in position to make the playoff?

That's a story for a different day, but it brings into perspective the dilemma the SEC faces in the playoff era.

The grind of the league is what makes it so treacherous...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hogsanity

Quote from: jbcarol on January 27, 2015, 12:15:19 pm
From Chris Low:

ESPN SEC @ESPN_SEC  ·  3 hours ago
Playoff may not be SEC party some envisioned http://es.pn/1D3jbKY

I never thought the playoff was ever going to see two teams from one league unless there just really was no other choice. Lets assume that the champs of the pac12 and big 10 were both 3 loss teams, then you would have seen both Baylor and TCU in, but that is not going to happen often if ever.

The playoff was a way to KEEP two teams from the same league out, by allowing people to PICK the teams. Had their been a committee when BAma and LSu rematched, that game never happens.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE