Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest 2018 offer...

Started by Swinesong1, September 07, 2016, 06:31:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FineAsSwine

Really pushing to get another guard, hope we still get Brown too.

batmanfan

Seems like we have been after Moss for awhile.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

Swinesong1

Quote from: batmanfan on September 07, 2016, 07:03:23 pm
Seems like we have been after Moss for awhile.

Not sure how long but he just tweeted today about the offer.

poloprince

No mention of the Hogs or did I miss it?
$PoLoPrInCe$

Swinesong1

Quote from: poloprince on September 07, 2016, 07:50:54 pm
No mention of the Hogs or did I miss it?
attached article for info on player.  He tweeted the offer today.

hogwood

Moss would be my top choice out of all the guys the staff has been looking at for that SG/CG spot. Would be great to get him and Brown and make a mark in Memphis. The staff has also been in touch with Lomax and Lawson, his teammates.

The_Bionic_Pig

He's already being actively recruited by some of our 2018 class via twitter.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hogwood

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on September 07, 2016, 09:37:02 pm

I believe he played with Darious Hall on Magic Elite, as well as Khalil Garland and current 2018 recruit Rodgerick Brown on Team Penny. He should know us well.

Dominicanhog

He looks like a great shooter and whomever Mike likes, is good by me, but I actually like the Embrey kid just a bit more because of athletic ability.. Either would be a nice fit with Brown and make 18 another special class...

WooPig90

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on September 07, 2016, 09:37:02 pm

Maybe he will join the Hawks  ;D

dboone11

hawgfan4life

I liked that he never shows out after the shot.  Simply goes about his business.

hogwood

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 08, 2016, 06:44:42 am
He looks like a great shooter and whomever Mike likes, is good by me, but I actually like the Embrey kid just a bit more because of athletic ability.. Either would be a nice fit with Brown and make 18 another special class...

You're right. Embery is more athletic and can score in many ways, not to mention his ability to run the offense. Moss is a pure scorer and an elite shooter with elite range. He's not really a CG as he doesn't display much in terms of orchestrating.

Moss seems pretty excited about the offer. His twitter is full of all sorts of Arkansas things right now.

FineAsSwine

Moss and Brown could be the beginning of a Memphis revival for us in recruiting. Really like Embery though. I like having these types of choices.

Hmm... Lobster or Porterhouse? Sure beats the scrapple or leftover surprise mystery meat dishes we've had to choose from in times past.

dboone11

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 08, 2016, 06:44:42 am

Agree, I think both would be great additions to any recruiting class.

But just a thought here..

I think we pursue another shooter, and Moss looks to be the better of the two.  In '18 we would have a point guard in Glasper (who i fully believe develops into an SEC caliber PG) and Garland, who Penny Hardaway claims will be a premier point guard.  The very next year, in comes the highly touted Justice Hill who most definitely will be the "pure point" we love.  Our athletic slashers would be CJ, Bailey, Hall, and Desi Sills.

It just seems having a guy who can drill a 28 footer on the opposite wing of Isaiah Joe would be detrimental to a lot of our opponents. 

FineAsSwine

Quote from: dboone11 on September 08, 2016, 10:02:22 am
Agree, I think both would be great additions to any recruiting class.

But just a thought here..

I think we pursue another shooter, and Moss looks to be the better of the two.  In '18 we would have a point guard in Glasper (who i fully believe develops into an SEC caliber PG) and Garland, who Penny Hardaway claims will be a premier point guard.  The very next year, in comes the highly touted Justice Hill who most definitely will be the "pure point" we love.  Our athletic slashers would be CJ, Bailey, Hall, and Desi Sills.

It just seems having a guy who can drill a 28 footer on the opposite wing of Isaiah Joe would be detrimental to a lot of our opponents.

Interesting that you think Glasper will earn a scholarship. If so, either we are done for 2017 or we will only have one scholarship left for 2018, unless someone transfers out. Which, I do not want to see. Would love to watch Jones, Hazen and Bailey develop.

dboone11

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 08, 2016, 10:39:22 am
Interesting that you think Glasper will earn a scholarship. If so, either we are done for 2017 or we will only have one scholarship left for 2018, unless someone transfers out. Which, I do not want to see. Would love to watch Jones, Hazen and Bailey develop.

Glasper is a tad bit undersized, but he's got some dog in him.  If we don't land another big for 17, I could potentially see RJ earning a scholly.

Like yourself, I'm very excited to see the 3 freshmen develop and think they will all contribute in a special way.

:razorback:

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

FineAsSwine

So if Embery commits next week and Moss and Brown both still want to come, do we take all 3? #greedyhog

hogwood

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 09, 2016, 04:55:46 pm
So if Embery commits next week and Moss and Brown both still want to come, do we take all 3? #greedyhog

I sure hope so ha. Odds are that someone leaves anyways.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hogwood on September 09, 2016, 06:38:02 pm
I sure hope so ha. Odds are that someone leaves anyways.

I don't see the turnover with this crew unless it's to the NBA.. hopefully that would mean they/we had a big year...

hogwood

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 10, 2016, 06:26:12 am
I don't see the turnover with this crew unless it's to the NBA.. hopefully that would mean they/we had a big year...

I don't see it either. If it doesn't happen though it will be very rare these days and a huge testament to CMA and staff's ability to recruit the right guys.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 10, 2016, 06:26:12 am

I didn't see turnover from last season's roster either, least of all Jimmy Whitt. I'm bracing myself for it in the coming years but hoping everyone sticks around.

Jonteviosk

Jimmy Whitt was a big ass joke and has been significantly upgraded by CJ Jones.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Jonteviosk on September 11, 2016, 03:19:48 am

Whitt was is a good player who needed more time to get acclimated to the speed and physicality of the college game. He is going to be a very good player for SMU. I think Whitt could become a great defender and pretty good offensive player. Too bad it didn't work out here.

Hawg Red

Ironic seeing you talk about big ass jokes.

hogwood

You need to be banned from Hogville.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 11, 2016, 08:58:16 am
Ironic seeing you talk about big ass jokes.

ha.. that was pretty good.

FineAsSwine

Does anyone know if Moss is going to visit us soon?

hogwood

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 12, 2016, 09:57:38 am

If he wants a spot in our 2018 class he should soon! Personally I think he is very interested.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hogwood on September 12, 2016, 10:13:08 am
If he wants a spot in our 2018 class he should soon! Personally I think he is very interested.

You are right, class is filling up. Train is about to leave the station. All aboard!!! Of course, as a fan this creates a dilemma that I am unused to. We may have to leave several very desirable recruits on the table. This thought upsets me.

:-\ ;D :'( :) >:( 8) very confusing as a Hog fan. Although I'm sure KY Jelly fans know how to deal with it.  >:(

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 12, 2016, 09:57:38 am
I think on October 7th
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

hogwood

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on September 12, 2016, 08:00:07 pm
I think on October 7th

That would be excellent for the Alabama weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if he commits on visit or soon after.

swinesation

Letsroll1200

Really would like to get TJ from Memphis. Played with D.Hall during the summer circuit.