Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chan. 40/29 shows most damning "Fire Heath" stat?

Started by oldbooniehog, January 29, 2006, 10:37:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oldbooniehog

Channel 40/29's "Sports Final" just ran what may be the most damning of all the "Fire Heath" stats I have seen so far.

They showed the list of "blown leads" for the Hogs this season.

The Hogs have lost six games in which they held, at some point during that game, a double-digit lead.

The Hogs have blown six double-digit leads in this season alone.

My goodness...............

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

TouchdownRazrbcks

I wanted to get excited about the game when they were up 18, But I had a gut feeling they would blow it! I hate those feelings..

stronguard

If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

pignatious

3 and 25 in road games in the SEC under Heath. This I heard on CBS today. Are you kidding me? Why is he still here? Fire this LOSER as fast as humanly possibly.
Freedom is never free.

gibby

Quote from: pignatious on January 29, 2006, 11:02:26 pm
3 and 25 in road games in the SEC under Heath. This I heard on CBS today. Are you kidding me? Why is he still here? Fire this LOSER as fast as humanly possibly.
Didn't you hear the heralded CBS announcers today?  They said Heath's rebuilding efforts have "turned the corner" and are soon to be back.  Why would we want to cut that short?  It may only be two or three more years.  <insert sarcasm face here>

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: gibby on January 29, 2006, 11:47:11 pm
Didn't you hear the heralded CBS announcers today?  They said Heath's rebuilding efforts have "turned the corner" and are soon to be back.  Why would we want to cut that short?  It may only be two or three more years.  <insert sarcasm face here>
GRRRRREAT.  Another free pass.

I heard that, too, bro and I jumped up and was like "WTH?"...Analysts are either clueless or do that to kick us when we are down...they probably "high-fived" during the break and had a good laugh.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Calvin N Hawgs

Quote from: TouchdownRazrbcks on January 29, 2006, 10:45:03 pm
I wanted to get excited about the game when they were up 18, But I had a gut feeling they would blow it! I hate those feelings..

Same here!  It was almost like I expected it to happen.  Did anyone else feel like this?

Deuce Pigelow

I too had a gut feeling we would find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

DukeOfPork

The University of Arkansas is not committed to winning.

Period.

Deuce Pigelow

hogfancb

WestMemphisHogFan

I was leaving church and my dad called me and told me we were up 18 points, and he said, "I'm afraid to be too excited about it, you know our tendency to blow big leads." 

After the game he called me and said, "I'm ready to fire Stan and bring back Nolan" 

pfrg999

No Nolan.... Hill would be Tranfered or delegated to No playing time..... But blowing 6 double -digit leads...c'mon... Heath needs to come out and say this is unacceptable and this will change...Now... or we should change coaches
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

WestMemphisHogFan

TuckFexas

As I told my dad at halftime, "I wish we could end the game here." I didn't have a good feeling about the Hogs nailing the door shut. What a horrible, embarrassing loss. I'm pissed off that I'm a Hog fan. I'm tired of losing.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

BentonHog

Does Stan Heath even care??  He doesn't look like it.  Watching him during the game, I can't tell if it's just Deer in Headlights look or just gave up and is waiting to be fired.  Whatever it is, he needs to go!!
"Press on: nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."             --Calvin Coolidge

no one

Jim Harris

Eddie Sutton's teams with the Triplets used to blow double-digit leads as well. They also didn't have a point guard.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

hogtheball

The triplets didn't blow too many double digit leads in 77-78.   They went 32-4, and I don't think we led Kentucky the entire game in the final four.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

HogHeathen

Quote from: TouchdownRazrbcks on January 29, 2006, 10:45:03 pm

Dito...

DukeOfPork

Quote from: BentonHog on January 30, 2006, 09:28:48 am
Does Stan Heath even care??  He doesn't look like it.  Watching him during the game, I can't tell if it's just Deer in Headlights look or just gave up and is waiting to be fired.  Whatever it is, he needs to go!!

That's petty.

I don't care how calm Stan looks so long as we stop blowing big leads.

arkbadger

Here's what I find the most upsetting about that stat.  Everyone has come to expect it.  After reading some of the responses in here, it all ends up being the same.  Everyone knew we were going to lose that game yesterday, just like the Alabama game.  And the worst part about it is, it seems like it is the same thing every game where we give up the huge lead in the second half, and it has been going on for 4 years now.  What needs to be changed to fix this.  I know if I kept screwing up and not producing positive results at my job for three and a half years chances are I wouldn't have a job abymore.
You can keep that skoal baby.

Hogs4Ever

It's sad to say that I knew Arkansas was going to blow the lead I just hoped they could hang on to win.  Kentucky was not going to keep playing as bad as they did in the first half and the game was on the road. 

Heath doesn't know how to win close games, especially on the road.

hogstench

Going into the season the road losses were somewhat exceptable but no matter how many ways you look at it SH does not invoke a wiining attitude in this team.When we win it's like a relief instead of joy and all our losses seem to be a direct result of bad coaching.Stop the bleeding. Sorry Stan get it together quickly or find a new victim.We can't take ANY MORE PAIN