Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Troy Coach - Neal Brown

Started by Hogs49ers, September 30, 2017, 08:03:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs49ers

I like him.  I think he would be a great coach if he had some talent to work with.  His OLine is pushing LSU's Dline back about 2 yards on every play, much better than our Oline.  He has some outstanding, quick turnarounds at Troy in his first 2 years as HC.

"Considered one of the top young minds in college football, Neal Brown has taken Troy football through a renaissance over the past two years.

In two short seasons, Brown has led the Trojans to a 10-win season, the nation's best turnaround, the first top-25 ranking in school and Sun Belt history, record-breaking attendance numbers, NCAA statistical leaders and much more.

The sixth-youngest head coach in the Football Bowl Subdivision, Brown has transformed the culture of the Troy football program, which has led to wins on the field, in the classroom, in the community and on the recruiting path.

Brown's second season at Troy saw the Trojans improve their win total by six games from four to 10, a number which was tied for the best turnaround in the country – only Troy and Colorado posted a six-win improvement and won at least 10 games in 2016."

http://www.troytrojans.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1045&path=football
SCREW Vandy!

hobhog

Hogs49ers

Quote from: hobhog on September 30, 2017, 08:05:02 pm
Knee jerk # 1,247.......

Absolutely!  So is every other post on MMQB on a Saturday.  Join the club bud.
SCREW Vandy!

moses_007

Trash can, please.  WilsonHog, where are you?

Tusks

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 30, 2017, 08:03:24 pm
I like him.  I think he would be a great coach if he had some talent to work with.  His OLine is pushing LSU's Dline back about 2 yards on every play, much better than our Oline.  He has some outstanding, quick turnarounds at Troy in his first 2 years as HC.

"Considered one of the top young minds in college football, Neal Brown has taken Troy football through a renaissance over the past two years.

In two short seasons, Brown has led the Trojans to a 10-win season, the nation's best turnaround, the first top-25 ranking in school and Sun Belt history, record-breaking attendance numbers, NCAA statistical leaders and much more.

The sixth-youngest head coach in the Football Bowl Subdivision, Brown has transformed the culture of the Troy football program, which has led to wins on the field, in the classroom, in the community and on the recruiting path.

Brown's second season at Troy saw the Trojans improve their win total by six games from four to 10, a number which was tied for the best turnaround in the country – only Troy and Colorado posted a six-win improvement and won at least 10 games in 2016."

http://www.troytrojans.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1045&path=football

I agree, these are the type guys that the hogs should be looking at.  The key is when you interview them, what does your gut tell you about which one is the biggest winner.  JL has no instincts what so ever so it will just be by luck if the hogs end up with the best of the bunch.

I'm going with Norvell
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

JackTNHogfan

Quote from: hobhog on September 30, 2017, 08:05:02 pm
Knee jerk # 1,247.......

Would much rather have knee jerk # 1,247 than what we have now.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 30, 2017, 08:05:46 pm
Absolutely!  So is every other post on MMQB on a Saturday.  Join the club bud.

I wonder what they have to talk about on boards for upper echelon teams...

mlloyd4

November 05, 2017, 08:49:13 am #7 Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 09:09:03 am by bacon&eggs
2003    UMass (TE/AOL)
2004    Sacred Heart (QB/WR)
2005    Delaware (WR)
2006–2007    Troy (IWR)
2008–2009    Troy (OC/QB)
2010–2012    Texas Tech (OC/QB)
2013–2014    Kentucky (OC/QB)
2015–present    Troy

I don't see the Razorback Head Football Coach position as a high demand job for coaches in retirement as sportscasters or those who have gone fishing. These guys are already financially secure and experienced enough to know that with Saban and some of the others in the SEC West, that the Hogs are going to be competing for 2nd or 3rd place in a near best case scenario.

We need someone poor. Someone hungry. Someone young. Someone smart. Someone who understands that they probably won't be sticking around long at all. If they immediately win, they can get a better job quickly. If not, they can always get another job like Troy.
WPS

King Kong

No, I would prefer a coach that wasn't physically assaulted but TT for poor play calling

Dominicanhog

I like his staff... looks good for a young coach...

Wildhog

I like Neal Brown, too.  Intense guy, and he flat wins games.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Marshfieldhog

No thanks. Rather have Sumlin if we go down this low.

PharmacistHog

This will be the type of coach we get and are gonna have some pissed off fans.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Wildhog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 07, 2017, 01:45:48 pm

Guess I'm just a natural contrarian.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HF#1

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 07, 2017, 01:45:48 pm

I would think we could do better. Perhaps I'm irrational.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Ironhawg

Quote from: bacon&eggs on November 05, 2017, 08:49:13 am
2003    UMass (TE/AOL)
2004    Sacred Heart (QB/WR)
2005    Delaware (WR)
2006–2007    Troy (IWR)
2008–2009    Troy (OC/QB)
2010–2012    Texas Tech (OC/QB)
2013–2014    Kentucky (OC/QB)
2015–present    Troy

I don't see the Razorback Head Football Coach position as a high demand job for coaches in retirement as sportscasters or those who have gone fishing. These guys are already financially secure and experienced enough to know that with Saban and some of the others in the SEC West, that the Hogs are going to be competing for 2nd or 3rd place in a near best case scenario.

We need someone poor. Someone hungry. Someone young. Someone smart. Someone who understands that they probably won't be sticking around long at all. If they immediately win, they can get a better job quickly. If not, they can always get another job like Troy.

Hey!  I'm poor, just ask my wife!  I'm hungry ALL the time, just ask my wife!  Well, you got me on the last two.  Carry on.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hogwild

Quote from: jbcarol on September 08, 2019, 08:03:56 am
https://mobile.twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/1170477316155293696

I watched that game yesterday, West Virginia is horrible.  It was 31-0 by half, and Nance had a TD catch called back.