Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tulsa World, Monday, 1-8-18, Saban article and Recruiting article about Oklahoma

Started by 12247, January 08, 2018, 11:44:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Saban article is written by AP writer, Ralph Russo and was reprinted in today's Tulsa World and likely dozens of other papers across the Nation.  Saban says, "I think I am always looking for the next challenge.  You are only as good as your last play, as your last game.  Success is not a continuum, it's momentary, and its human nature to get satisfied and get a little complacent when you have success."

Saban goes on to say, "if you can't play with any consistency in performance, you're not going to really have a lot of success long-term."

The article mentions Kirby Smart.  Kirby says the best lesson he learned from Saban while working for him was the level of commitment Saban required to the organization.  He says Saban never asked more than Saban, himself, was willing to give.  Kirby says every staff position, not just the assistant coaches, were held to always be at their best.

In 11 games so far, Saban has never lost to a head coach who once worked for him.

Another tidbit:  This will be the 3rd time in one calender year that a National Championship will be held between two SEC teams.  Women's Basketball, MSU v SC---Baseball, Florida v LSU and now, Football BAMA v Georgia.  This is not easy to achieve says SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey.  GREAT ARTICLE

Also in todays World, Eric Bailey, a Tulsa World staff writer, wrote a very informative article concerning the IMG Academy in Florida.  IMG defines itself as a sports academy focused on athletic and education performance.  Its a boarding school with Kids from 28 states and 8 countries.  The Head Coach at IMG is Kevin Wright, who was at Union in Tulsa in 2006 as AD and HC.  He stayed 1 year but met and really enjoyed the staff at OU.  Wright says they know how to recruit by sending multiple coaches to IMG during the evaluation period.  OU got 2 IMG players, RB T.J. Pledger and 5 star recruit CB Brendan Radley-Hines who announced Saturday. 

Both good articles and truthfully, a banner day for the Monday edition which is usually slow.

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Congratulations on your find..! A link would be nice, but, as my teacher would say, "Don't bring any candy if you don't bring enough to share with the class.".
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Ā 

One Tusk, I am about as dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to computers.  Hope this helps:
TULSAWORLD.COM/SPORTSEXTRA

Hope this helps.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net