Previous topic - Next topic

go hogues

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 09:36:44 am
1. Has a hot young wife and new family
2. Multimillionaire
3. Celebrity status
4. Head Coach of multiple D1 P5 college football teams
5. Needs personal advice from some dude on a message board lol
So people are posting with legitimate concern and you still take offense.

You're just one of those people who gets off on eternally playing devil's advocate.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Razor1997

Quote from: waphill on September 27, 2017, 08:08:43 am
I always wondered that about Mark Mangino. That guy was huge.

True.  But IIRC, Mark Mangino took Kansas -- KANSAS!!! -- to the Orange Bowl.

gchamblee

Quote from: go hogues on September 27, 2017, 12:21:42 pm

You're just one of those people who gets off on eternally playing devil's advocate.

All of the content that referred to him as a fat pos and other personal attacks were moderated. This thread is just the same topic with the volume turned down in an effort for it to survive in MMQ. This is not genuine concern for his health from the same people that have shown nothing but disrespect to the man. You can try to reposition the topic in a more flattering light, but when the lights go out it is still just the same rhetoric. Sorry if my take on it offends you.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: hawgon on September 27, 2017, 11:19:33 am
I'm saying he has an easy job.  It's a game.  It matters not at all.  He gets paid millions for it.  Some of you act like he is commanding the invasion of Normandy.
And in saying you clearly have no clue.  If it doesn't matter, then why are you upset?

hawgon

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 27, 2017, 12:49:36 pm
And in saying you clearly have no clue.  If it doesn't matter, then why are you upset?

The same reason people spend thousands on it.  It's entertainment. 

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: 1highhog on September 27, 2017, 07:42:57 am
I've heard nothing of Bielema being a heavy drinker, and as far as the sleep thing, I get on average 2 hours a night and that's all I require and I feel great I'm in my 50's and in excellent shape.  Whose to say he's not getting enough rest?  If I had to guess I'd say the biggest thing bothering him right now is all the flak he's taking from fans and national sports pundits on his job he's doing.
It is humanly impossible to survive on 2 hours a night consistently. Either you are a freak of nature, a 1 in 10 million type, or you are lying or you get more sleep than you think you do. You don't sound like you are lying so it is one of the other two explanations. Ask any MD if a human can be healthy on 2 hours of sleep regularly and 100% of the time, the answer would be no.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

jcbville

Quote from: SemperFi on September 24, 2017, 10:21:46 am
Win and I'd be ok with a shirtless, Bermuda and flip flop wearing BB if that made him happier and coach better.

That would actually be awesome

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 27, 2017, 11:51:23 am
Hey newb, first things first. Welcome. Second thing, I don't care what you think.
31,000+ posts. Goes without saying you like to read your own comments and don't care about what anyone else thinks.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Carkohn99 on September 27, 2017, 08:54:37 am
I think what the original poster was trying to convey is that no matter what profession you are in, your outward appearance and the way your carry yourself matters.  Right or wrong it is the truth.  If a person, or coach in this matter, is preaching about personal accountability, discipline on the field and off, it losses its effectiveness if the person preaching isn't practicing what he preaches.  Leaders lead by example.  One wouldn't feel confident going to a gym for weight loss, and having a trainer that outweighs them give them advice.  I don't think it is an attack on Coach B, just human psychology.
Bingo. Well said.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: go hogues on September 27, 2017, 12:21:42 pm

This guy can't stick to photography. Maybe he gets a lot of work from the U of A. Seems biased.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 27, 2017, 09:07:20 am

I mean, she did sleep with a married man, so...

Bill Clinton (a married man) got a BJ in the Oval Office. Did you complain then?
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

grayhawg

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 27, 2017, 06:46:41 pm
It is humanly impossible to survive on 2 hours a night consistently. Either you are a freak of nature, a 1 in 10 million type, or you are lying or you get more sleep than you think you do. You don't sound like you are lying so it is one of the other two explanations. Ask any MD if a human can be healthy on 2 hours of sleep regularly and 100% of the time, the answer would be no.
Don't know about two hours a night, but I'm fixing to turn 75 and 4 hours is the normal for me, sometimes I go over a few minutes. I have done that since I was a teenager.

logic

Attempting to do a job that you don't know how to do will get to you.

moses_007

He needs to shed at least 100 pounds off his mid section and join Hair Club for Men.