Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guess Monk will be going to the NBA.

Started by snoot hoggy hog, March 26, 2017, 06:30:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawganatic

Quote from: HawgnCorona on March 26, 2017, 09:15:55 pm
Close to that...It is sad when you make all of that money but have no idea how to manage it or properly invest it for the future. Easy come easy go.

I suspect these numbers are going down though.  There are enough "cautionary tales" out there now that players have more awareeness about how they are spending their money.

I also suspect (complete theory have no data to back up) that the majority of players that go broke were on the lower end of the pay scale and in/out of the league in a couple of years.  They are hanging with multimillionaires on a minimum check, so harder for them to scale their spending back to what they are making.

You have big names like Iverson and Antoine Walker who blew through 100+ mill in their career, but I suspect the typical profile of a broke ex-athlete probably made less than a mill in their career and didn't play for very long. 

hawganatic

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 26, 2017, 10:41:39 pm
not really. was weak sauce. they were feeding him every trip, fouling on purpose to prolong the game, calling late timeouts when they were down double digits to keep him on the court. Was still an official 70-point club outing, but it was the weakest one yet. Worse than The Admiral's 71 point night that gave him the scoring title (i loved it tbh).

Ummm, that's like going to the Playboy Mansion, and ONLY hooking up with the least attractive Playmate... 

hogsanity

Quote from: duckman on March 26, 2017, 06:39:14 pm
Here's hoping he gets stuck on a perennial chit team....

So what, lots of guys make lots of money playing on perennially bad teams. IF he is truly a me, me , me guy, he wont care about anything but the $$$$$$$
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: HawgnCorona on March 26, 2017, 07:50:53 pm
Already! LOL!!! burn baby burn!!!

The irony of that song playing in the grocery store "Disco Inferno" this morning and then me coming upon this post.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Youngsta71701

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on March 26, 2017, 06:30:07 pm
It's the only way Kentucky can get their money back.
He could have done what he done at Arkansas. Grass ain't always greener on the other side.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"