Started by Porked Tongue, May 09, 2017, 06:54:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

TebowHater

Best day in a long time for the state of Arkansas basketball. MA may have, in fact, turned this program around the corner. Keeping your best players on your roster is how you win. WPMFS!

The Hogfather

Great decision!  So happy for this young man.  So happy that he and his family STILL see the value of a college degree.  You are going to be a legend, Macon!

Hogs run wild

if this team plays *alls out like they did during the UNC game, they can bring back the glory days of yesteryear (early to mid 90s).
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

HOGINTENNESSEE

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KmLEQkiP-Xw"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Awesome news and awesome day for BB program. Losing Rawleigh is such a blow, nice to get some good news as a Hog fan (even if it is across sports).

SONofHAM

Great news!  Let's do it Hogs!
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

Hawg Red

Phenominal late period haul in Barford, Macon, and Harris. This was the anti-2015 offseason. The stage is set for some continuity.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 09, 2017, 07:16:25 pm
Phenominal late period haul in Barford, Macon, and Harris. This was the anti-2015 offseason. The stage is set for some continuity.

Two years in a row for good news in the spring. Last year, Moses returned and the Hogs got both Cj Jones and Brachen Hazen late while sending Doobie and Whitt on their way.

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on May 09, 2017, 07:26:16 pm
Two years in a row for good news in the spring. Last year, Moses returned and the Hogs got both Cj Jones and Brachen Hazen late while sending Doobie and Whitt on their way.
I don't think Whitt leaving was good news.

Ironhawg

This is such awesome news!  Woo Pig! 

passinghog

I'm glad for him personally. I'm normally an advocate for getting your money, but him leaving would've been such a bad move IMO. He and Barford are really going to be able to play off of each other next season.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Karma on May 09, 2017, 07:27:24 pm

Yeah, that was a blow to me. I was not one to forget how good of a prospect he was coming in just because his freshman season was disappointing. He may never live up to what he could be, but he was a big get for Anderson and to lose him to transfer so fast was shocking.

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

TebowHater

May 09, 2017, 08:08:41 pm #15 Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 09:36:38 pm by TebowHater
Wow - the rumor thread - of him leaving - goes 12 pages long. It had 15 posts in In the first 35 minutes of its existence.

We get absolutely fantastic news, and this thread had 14 posts in the first 5 hours. Really hog "fans"!?

A bit disappointing, but seems to speak as to what many enjoy from this forum - gossip and argument. I said in that other thread that if we lose them, it would be a huge loss and that if we keep them it would be a fantastic win. Despite getting blasted, I said I was absolutely not "anti-MA" but rather just "pro-Arkansas basketball" and that I would be first in line to congratulate if they came back...I guess I was third  ;D

Edit: I'm dumb and can't read clocks. Either way, THIS IS GREAT LET'S CELEBRATE

Pigsfeat

Woo-Hoo! I mean WPS!!
"You don't eat mayonnaise to be healthy!"
E. Neal

Porked Tongue

Quote from: TebowHater on May 09, 2017, 08:08:41 pm
Wow - the rumor thread - of him leaving - goes 12 pages long. It had 15 posts in In the first 35 minutes of its existence.

We get absolutely fantastic news, and this thread had 14 posts in the first 5 hours. Really hog "fans"!?

Thread only a little over an hour old as of your post.  :)

Bkhardicars

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Three and Snout

this thread had 14 posts in the first 5 hours.

It's always 5 hours o'clock somewhere.

Hogberry Snortcake

PORKULATOR

Ice Water Veins staying in the house.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hawgmasta

This is freaking huge! I mean seriously, an all sec guard is coming back to lock it down. I'm pumped, I'm an excited and I don't wanna hide it.

LRHawg

BannerMountainMan

Mike Anderson is doing a great job!!!!!! WPS
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Letsroll1200

We have a chance to have a very good backcourt in the SEC. Hopefully they will keep working  and make that Juco jump in their second year.

forrest city joe

WOO------------------------------- HOO--------------------I freaking love it.great job by Mike of recruiting his best players into staying another year. this program is back! GO HOGS.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

TNhawgfan

My expectations for next year have definitely gone up after today
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

thebignasty

We might be salty next year. This is awesome.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 09, 2017, 07:52:47 pm
Yeah, that was a blow to me. I was not one to forget how good of a prospect he was coming in just because his freshman season was disappointing. He may never live up to what he could be, but he was a big get for Anderson and to lose him to transfer so fast was shocking.

Initially, I thought Whitt transferring was a tough loss. But, he was not going to get minutes over guys like Hannahs, Barford, Macon, Manny, or Beard for that matter. Not a good shooter, not a good enough handler to help at the 1, and not strong or big enough to help at the 3. Don't see how he would have helped Hogs last year, and I like CJ Jones' upside better. I also think had Whitt still been on board, it might have affected Garland's decision (I don't know that to be fact, so maybe not).

Losing Babb the year before hurt a lot more because the Hogs did not have a wing once Qualls left, something that has been a missing piece for 2 straight seasons. Babb was between 6-4 and 6-5, was wiry strong, and could help at all 3 backcourt positions at both ends of the floor.

Having said all that, Whitt may turn out to be a good player, but he needed that year off he got by transferring -- both to add weight and to improve his shooting. Had Arkansas not been so deep at guard, I would not think Whitt leaving was a good thing for the Hogs (maybe for him to get that year off and develop, but not for Arkansas).

Razorod

Fantastic news! Realistic shot at the SEC title next year.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

SONofHAM

A bit disappointing, but seems to speak as to what many enjoy from this forum - gossip and argument. I said in that other thread that if we lose them, it would be a huge loss and that if we keep them it would be a fantastic win. Despite getting blasted, I said I was absolutely not "anti-MA" but rather just "pro-Arkansas basketball" and that I would be first in line to congratulate if they came back...I guess I was third  ;D
Just shut up and be happy.  Why the need to bring up comments you made in previous threads?  I, I, I...this is not about you. 
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

BentonvilleJeff

Gonna be a fun year next year. Walton Arena is finally going to be rocking from the start because fans are excited now. Been a long time coming.

TebowHater

Quote from: Porked Tongue on May 09, 2017, 08:27:05 pm
Thread only a little over an hour old as of your post.  :)

Yikes what planet do I live on - not this one.

Quote from: SONofHAM on May 09, 2017, 09:31:41 pm
Just shut up and be happy.  Why the need to bring up comments you made in previous threads?  I, I, I...this is not about you.

Correct, not about me but thanks for proving point  ;). Only brought it in because there was no chatter. Also knew I would get push back bc we love to argue here (as stated originally), which hopefully would at least drive more posts and views to the thread more generally  ;D

Again, WPMFS!

rzrbackramsfan

If you have ever had a big test, it's kind of like that.  When you're studying for that test it's all you ever really think about and you have a lot to say.  After you found out you passed the test you do a few pats on the back, have an excuse to get wasted, but after that it's on to the next thing.

BrooklynRoss

What's even worse is how much faster there was a post in this thread complaining about the subject matter of said thread compared to the Macon rumor thread.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

STLhawg

Great news (on both Macon and Barford)!!!!!!!!!!  Them going pro now just didn't make sense to me.  Maybe they really were serious, but I felt they were just getting input on their game (and what they need to work on for the next level).  Looking forward to next season.  WPS

niels_boar

Macon it rain for one more year.  I will enjoy it.  Hopefully he will get the All-SEC slot that he was robbed of this season.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

BossHog13

rzrbcksooie

Wps!
Love the Macon Barford duo.

hawginbigd1

Was to me, overrated small pond superstar in my opinion. MA gave him more PT than he deserved and still wasn't satisfied so good riddance.

Anyway that's old news, I am glad the boys are back on the Hill! Deep Tourney possibilities are 100!

Danny J

blu

Great news - real potential for a deep tourney run next year. Great job by CMA and staff.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

gmarv

what  a great day to be a hog fan. WPS

PharmacistHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on May 09, 2017, 08:45:11 pm
WOO------------------------------- HOO--------------------I freaking love it.great job by Mike of recruiting his best players into staying another year. this program is back! GO HOGS.

Macon coming back may mean a sweet sixteen or better. Its truly awesome and I'm thrilled he made the decision to stay. Having said that, just a few weeks ago you attacked several posters claiming the decision was all Macon's to make and Mike had no control and nothing to do with it (yes I can quote it from your post history). Now you are giving credit to Mike for him staying. Now personally, I think Mike DID play a big role in him staying but wanted to point out the hypocrisy in your posts and for all your screaming about this forum you should realize a lot of the problems here fall directly at your feet. I think you purposely troll the posters here and quite frankly it pisses me off.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Youngsta71701

Barford and Macon both coming back. Sweet 16 here we come! Maybe more... :-\ :razorback:
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hogsanity

Quote from: PharmacistHog on May 10, 2017, 07:45:22 am
Macon coming back may mean a sweet sixteen or better. Its truly awesome and I'm thrilled he made the decision to stay. Having said that, just a few weeks ago you attacked several posters claiming the decision was all Macon's to make and Mike had no control and nothing to do with it (yes I can quote it from your post history). Now you are giving credit to Mike for him staying. Now personally, I think Mike DID play a big role in him staying but wanted to point out the hypocrisy in your posts and for all your screaming about this forum you should realize a lot of the problems here fall directly at your feet. I think you purposely troll the posters here and quite frankly it pisses me off.

Well of course fcj said those things to cover for MA if those two did leave, because with fcj it's what make Mike looks good above everything, including the team or the players.

I'm glad they are staying, should mean another good season, but it had more to do with the prospect, or lack thereof, of getting a good pro deal right now than anything else.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE