Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chavis Proof

Started by VirginiaHog, January 08, 2018, 06:50:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

theFlyingHog

Quote from: hogcards on January 09, 2018, 08:46:33 am
Yes, because opposing opinions are bad.   :D
No, because all you do is go around posting opposing opinions for the fun of it.

GuvHog

Quote from: hogcards on January 09, 2018, 08:43:53 am
Awful if true.

The only way anyone could possibly believe that having Chavis as DC is awful is if they totally ignore his accomplishments at Tennessee and LSU while concentrating solely on what happened at A&M. There were issues at A&M that went beyond Chavis and hampered his performance as DC there (Sumlin).
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

theFlyingHog

Quote from: GuvHog on January 09, 2018, 08:55:25 am
The only way anyone could possibly believe that having Chavis as DC is awful is if they totally ignore his accomplishments at Tennessee and LSU while concentrating solely on what happened at A&M. There were issues at A&M that went beyond Chavis and hampered his performance as DC there (Sumlin).
I do have to say that focusing more on his most recent results seems prudent.

rzrbk4life

I think Chavis is a good hire. It shows CCM knows it takes more than a potent offense to win games
Let's call those hogs!!!!

The NewEra

Quote from: ricepig on January 08, 2018, 07:21:43 pm
Because Morris said he wanted to announce them all at one time, seems simple, but some can grasp it.

I guess it's a tough concept to accept that when a coach says something, he means exactly what he said.  After all this fan base is use to "we need to get more touches" with no follow through.  It would be a nice change to hear a message and then see a precise follow through.

Deep Shoat

No.  Because being a contrarian jackass is bad.

I'm adding another version of you to my ignore list.  I don't know why they let you keep coming back with different handles.
All Gas, No Brakes!

GuvHog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on January 09, 2018, 08:59:28 am

I'm adding another version of you to my ignore list.  I don't know why they let you keep coming back with different handles.

The name calling isn't necessary.

LZH

hogcards

I hope you're right, but I have a feeling the game has passed him by.  You also have to take into account the recruiting aspect of possibly having him on board.  The man simply does not like to personally recruit.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Deep Shoat

Please don't quote guv.  He's on my ignore list too.

I've decided I'm done dealing with stupid on here.
All Gas, No Brakes!

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: blueridger on January 09, 2018, 08:03:33 am
reminder...Trumain is a game changer.  the bodies you see now will look much different in August. 

I'm excited to see what Coach Carroll does with the guys.  I know people blast him, but Ben Herbert built the team the way the position coaches and coordinators wanted them built.  I don't think they were ever on the same page.  The good thing about most of a staff coming from the previous school is the fact everyone knows what to expect and how to get there.  I've told my son to get his track shoes ready and he's ran more 40's in the past few weeks than he had in his life.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

LZH

Quote from: Deep Shoat on January 09, 2018, 09:06:01 am
Please don't quote guv.  He's on my ignore list too.

I've decided I'm done dealing with stupid on here.

I had to throw him a jab while it was open.

hogcards

Quote from: Deep Shoat on January 09, 2018, 08:59:28 am

Good luck

FTR, If we do hire him, I hope I'm wrong and he ends up being the 2nd coming of Kirby Smart.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Hogblog

Quote from: hogcards on January 09, 2018, 09:10:28 am
Good luck

FTR, If we do hire him, I hope I'm wrong and he ends up being the 2nd coming of Kirby Smart.

Name the last DC that had Chavis credentials...... Monte Kiffin? ......yeah it's been that long since we had a hitter at DC....

rljjr

Quote from: hogcards on January 09, 2018, 09:04:47 am
The man simply does not like to personally recruit.
I've heard this before and may have parotted it when I was in my CBV denial phase. However, I have no idea where it comes from. Is there a source to whom this can be attributed? Did The Chief say it?

Just curious.

HogShat

Quote from: hogcards on January 09, 2018, 09:04:47 am
I hope you're right, but I have a feeling the game has passed him by.  You also have to take into account the recruiting aspect of possibly having him on board.  The man simply does not like to personally recruit.

Matthew Quigly didn't have much use for Colonel Colt's revolver either, but he knew how to use it...

azhog10

The only way you can think Chavis is a homerun hire and one of the best DCs in the country is if you ignore his final year at LSU and his time at TAMU......Last year at LSU included giving up 47 to TAMU, 34 to MSU, and 31 to ND. Still better than his time at TAMU but I don't see a DC that I would consider the best. Hopefully this staff he has assembled helps bring him back to what you saw in his time at Tenner and his early LSU years.

Tim Harris

Quote from: azhog10 on January 09, 2018, 09:34:56 am
The only way you can think Chavis is a homerun hire and one of the best DCs in the country is if you ignore his final year at LSU and his time at TAMU......Last year at LSU included giving up 47 to TAMU, 34 to MSU, and 31 to ND. Still better than his time at TAMU but I don't see a DC that I would consider the best. Hopefully this staff he has assembled helps bring him back to what you saw in his time at Tenner and his early LSU years.

Like most things in life it isn't likely to be as bad as those who oppose it say it will be nor will it be good as the koolaid drinkers think.  My hope is for a serviceable defense.  Petrino showed we can have some good teams with a top tier offense and a decent to good defense.  That is what I'm hoping we get out of Morris paired with Chavis.

BigBrandonAllenFan

You would think with everyone having a camera in their pocket that someone would have snapped a quick shot of Chavis somewhere in Fayetteville.  I would have.  A picture would be worth a thousand words about now.

hogcards

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 09, 2018, 09:38:03 am
Like most things in life it isn't likely to be as bad as those who oppose it say it will be nor will it be good as the koolaid drinkers think.  My hope is for a serviceable defense.  Petrino showed we can have some good teams with a top tier offense and a decent to good defense.  That is what I'm hoping we get out of Morris paired with Chavis.

I can live with this.

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

GuvHog

Quote from: azhog10 on January 09, 2018, 09:34:56 am

I don't consider him THE best, that title goes to Venables in my opinion. I do however, consider Chavis to be one of the top 10 DCs in college football though. It sounds like he will have a killer of a Defensive staff working under him too.

hogginbama

Hush now Child...you know to be on Hogville you are required to toe the company line, digest and fully enjoy every morsel of all things positive about the Hogs. You are not allowed to go against the grain and develop your own opinions. If you are trying to do that, you must turn in your password to a nearby admin so they can lock you out of your account forever.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: hogginbama on January 09, 2018, 09:49:00 am
Hush now Child...you know to be on Hogville you are required to toe the company line, digest and fully enjoy every morsel of all things positive about the Hogs. You are not allowed to go against the grain and develop your own opinions. If you are trying to do that, you must turn in your password to a nearby admin so they can lock you out of your account forever.
Go through his post history. You'll find nothing but contrarian opinions. He just posts on here to be a male rooster

Tim Harris

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: ricepig on January 08, 2018, 07:21:43 pm
Because Morris said he wanted to announce them all at one time, seems simple, but some can grasp it.

maybe Morris believes it doesn't matter if he pisses off fans

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: 247Hog on January 09, 2018, 08:07:51 am
Good grief, i was kidding.

Ha! I knew you were...so was I. 😀
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber