Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chase Hayden Commits to Hogs

Started by GrizzlyRider07, July 18, 2016, 02:43:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jry04

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 22, 2016, 02:53:42 pm
Tennessee isn't an option for him.  He's way down their list.  I guess they could pursue later if they miss on Chandler and Akers, but right now, they aren't going after Hayden. 
They are recruiting him, just as an athlete not a RB. He wants to play RB and they cannot promise him that position, so he isn't considering them.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 22, 2016, 02:53:42 pm
Tennessee isn't an option for him.  He's way down their list.  I guess they could pursue later if they miss on Chandler and Akers, but right now, they aren't going after Hayden.

Iiiiii see. What you're saying is despite the fact Tennessee has no shot at Chandler, and Hayden is the 3rd best RB remaining on the board that THEY HAVE OFFERED behind Akers, they aren't interested in Chase. LMAO!
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

mizzouman

Per rockmnation.com

Chase Hayden, a 2017 running back from St. George's HS in Collierville, Tenn., announced he would be making his commitment on Sunday at 8pm. Missouri is one of three in the running. Hayden's father played with current defensive line coach Jackie Shipp and according to 247sports, is visiting Columbia today.

However, most believe he's an Arkansas lean.

Deep Shoat

Hog on Sunday.

Everyone I've talked to expects it.
All Gas, No Brakes!

hogsfan31

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on July 22, 2016, 03:40:25 pm
Iiiiii see. What you're saying is despite the fact Tennessee has no shot at Chandler, and Hayden is the 3rd best RB remaining on the board that THEY HAVE OFFERED behind Akers, they aren't interested in Chase. LMAO!

When they strike out on the other two they will offer him as a RB instead of AtH

Music City Hog

No, they are recruiting him. But he can't go there and play RB. Now, if he wanted to switch to DB then he probably could, but they have other RBs ahead of him. 

That's a good thing.  He can come play RB here! 

Music City Hog

And why wouldn't Tenn have a shot at Chandler? 

colbs

Quote from: Music City Hog on July 22, 2016, 06:08:46 pm
No, they are recruiting him. But he can't go there and play RB. Now, if he wanted to switch to DB then he probably could, but they have other RBs ahead of him. 

That's a good thing.  He can come play RB here! 
Works for me.  BB has had way more success with RBs anyways.

Music City Hog

Quote from: colbs on July 22, 2016, 06:11:44 pm
Works for me.  BB has had way more success with RBs anyways.

Yup, I'm happy to have him.

greenie

Exactly.
They better hope they get Chandler.  They have zero shot at Akers or Hayden...but it wouldn't matter anyway...Sergeant Carter can't coach.

rzrbackramsfan

We all thought dgb was coming here haha.  No, you gotta love our chances among those three schools.

And and Tennessee, thanks for not knowing what you're doing.

The_Boot_stops_here

No idea what this is worth (if anything) but the mizzou rivals writer is covering their night at the zou event this weekend.  He put out a list of 5 guys to watch for a commitment from. Hayden is one of them. Might be wishful thinking though

Deep Shoat

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 23, 2016, 09:40:20 pm
No idea what this is worth (if anything) but the mizzou rivals writer is covering their night at the zou event this weekend.  He put out a list of 5 guys to watch for a commitment from. Hayden is one of them. Might be wishful thinking though
Hayden isn't going to Mizzou.
All Gas, No Brakes!

pigture perfect

Come on Chase choose us.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hobhog

Quote from: jry04 on July 22, 2016, 03:36:44 pm
They are recruiting him, just as an athlete not a RB. He wants to play RB and they cannot promise him that position, so he isn't considering them.

Felix Jones says hi!

TNhawgfan

I don't like how quiet it is from our writers. Seems like mizou is a little more confident in landing him
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

rljjr

Quote from: greenie on July 22, 2016, 06:37:33 pm
Exactly.
They better hope they get Chandler.  They have zero shot at Akers or Hayden...but it wouldn't matter anyway...Sergeant Carter can't coach.

Well Golllllllllllly!!! Sergeant Carter. That's awesome.

GrizzlyRider07

I'm hearing Mizzou had made a strong case for themselves after the visit this weekend. Still believe he ends up being a Hog but it's not as lopsided as it was before the visit. My point of view on this is, every kid is amazed right after they visit a school but once they go home and snap back to reality they then make the right and best decision for themselves. But I sure hope he still plans on Calling The Hogs this evening.
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

The Hogfather

July 24, 2016, 08:15:36 am #68 Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 09:10:43 am by The Hogfather
Missouri, huh?  I'll believe that one when I see it.  I think they've already hit their high point in the SEC.  Choosing to go there would be punishing yourself.  Also, the school as a whole is suffering right now in the aftermath of those protests and the school's reaction to them.  Not sure why anyone would want any part of Missouri.

tusksincolorado

Traveling from Collierville to Columbia is just as hard if not harder than making the trip from Collierville to Fayetteville....just saying it is 422 miles from Collierville to Columbia and that last 90 is SUX-AZZ....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

GrizzlyRider07

I'm just telling you guys what I'm hearing directly from inside the circle
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

Sugar Free Hog

I wonder if Odom ever had contact with chase while he was at Memphis. Oh well hope he is a hog. Anyone know what time he will make an announcement?
Razorbacks-Grizzlies-Titans-Red Sox

ricepig

Quote from: Sugar Free Hog on July 24, 2016, 09:24:35 am
I wonder if Odom ever had contact with chase while he was at Memphis. Oh well hope he is a hog. Anyone know what time he will make an announcement?

8pm, supposedly.

https://twitter.com/Chase_Hayden2/status/756322011673231360

jjdlc

Frankly, to me it just sounds like the hype we hear from a lot of these kids after any visit.

Missouri has put one running back in the league since 2005, and that one went very late in the draft.  I just can't see any kid with aspirations of playing RB in the league choosing Missouri.  I would hope he is 100% certain before making a decision like that.

hogsrolling

Missouri is off the table.  Down to us and OK State.

ChicoHog

Quote from: hogsrolling on July 24, 2016, 10:07:58 am
Missouri is off the table.  Down to us and OK State.
Depends on what kind of offensive scheme he likes.  OK st plays a spread, QB in shotgun all the time, and uses smaller quick backs on draws and traps  Similar to Baylor and Oregon.  Arkansas is more pro-style, power running.  Hope he chooses the Hogs. 

JIHawg

How do we know Mo is out of it?

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: JIHawg on July 24, 2016, 11:47:44 am
How do we know Mo is out of it?

Hogsrolling claims to know his HS coach. 

Pig in the Pokey

Mizzou just trying to get a lil hype and they have the connection with dad. But I remember what dad said about the hogs and I gotta believe Chase had decided on us a few weeks ago.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

AugustaHog

What's ol MUBobby saying about this one? 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: TNhawgfan on July 24, 2016, 06:43:08 am
I don't like how quiet it is from our writers. Seems like mizou is a little more confident in landing him
I have been thinking the same thing, seems RD normally preps us for good news and goes quiet when it's bad news.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on July 24, 2016, 04:12:07 pm
I have been thinking the same thing, seems RD normally preps us for good news and goes quiet when it's bad news.

Following the stupid stunt Otis pulled on the Taylor commitment, it's probably a good idea for all the media guys to "shut it" until something is official.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on July 24, 2016, 04:23:18 pm
Following the stupid stunt Otis pulled on the Taylor commitment, it's probably a good idea for all the media guys to "shut it" until something is official.

I heard there was a stunt but didn't know what happened?  Care to tell me?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 24, 2016, 04:27:13 pm
they were all told to wait so the kid could make the announcement but Grit prematurely spewed his mouth.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 24, 2016, 04:27:13 pm

Taylor let it be known he wanted to announce, on his own, via Twitter. Otis basically told the kid "F you and your wants" by announcing it.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on July 24, 2016, 04:36:37 pm
Taylor let it be known he wanted to announce, on his own, via Twitter. Otis basically told the kid "F you and your wants" by announcing it.

That's pretty **. Otis will not be the best for info for awhile. Lol

GaryHog

So when is he announcing?
Make America Great Again!!!!!!!

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: GaryHog on July 24, 2016, 06:25:16 pm
So when is he announcing?

I've found its always best to read the entire thread before asking a question.

8pm, supposedly.

Chase Hayden @Chase_Hayden2
I'll be committing on Sunday @8:00❕❕#WPS #Gopokes #Missouri
9:56 PM - 21 Jul 2016
  128 128 Retweets   358 358 likes

mountainhog

Maybe for you, but not for him.  You saved him from reading the whole thing!   ;)

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on July 24, 2016, 04:36:37 pm

And Jorts strikes again.....

GaryHog

This is why I'm never on here and follow the Facebook pages. Lanny has let the a holes and know it alls take over. See ya!
Make America Great Again!!!!!!!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: GaryHog on July 24, 2016, 07:51:31 pm
This is why I'm never on here and follow the Facebook pages. Lanny has let the a holes and know it alls take over. See ya!

Well I will be the one that says it...Then why are you on here???

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

King Kong

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

zcpears

sickboy

mountainhog

Quote from: GaryHog on July 24, 2016, 07:51:31 pm

Everybody thinks they know what's best for you.  I dont post alot myself for that reason.  Some people have more time to spend reading threads. Some may be at work and need a quick answer.   Dont let a few run you off. 

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

mountainhog