Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keep Hayden on the commitment list??

Started by ricepig, September 29, 2016, 03:12:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

September 29, 2016, 03:12:44 pm Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 10:00:11 am by ricepig
According to the recruiting guys, Hayden is visiting Michigan and no longer considered an Arkansas commit.

WooPig90

Yeah, looks like thats how we are gonna play it at this position. Since we are on a good amount of very good RBs, if you arent fully committed to us then we will move on

rljjr

010HogFan

hogfaninmo

His Twitter still shows he's committed and as of 2 days ago he was still posting hogs stuff. Can't find anything anywhere that says he decommited. But we do have 2 RB's committed still if he leaves and I think we could add another good RB if we wanted to.

FineAsSwine

I was pretty excited about this guy.  :( Hope we land one of the other targets.
Hogs up! Covid down!

The Hogfather

ricepig

Quote from: hogfaninmo on September 29, 2016, 03:51:16 pm
His Twitter still shows he's committed and as of 2 days ago he was still posting hogs stuff. Can't find anything anywhere that says he decommited. But we do have 2 RB's committed still if he leaves and I think we could add another good RB if we wanted to.

I didn't say he decommitted, nor has Arkansas pulled his offer. Obviously, like Jordan Jones, Bielema didn't want him to visit.

rangertaunton

So,is he still committed or not? I hope he stays firm with his pledge. I was very excited when he committed and was looking forward to seeing him suit up for the hogs. Who else are we on. Seems like a month or so ago a very talented kid from maybe Texas was interested in us and we told him we were done recruiting backs for the year. Surely we dont ever close the door completely on kids and turn them away just bc we are full for the year bc anything can happen,case in point Mr Hayden
Mess with the boar,get the tusks!!!

ricepig

Quote from: rangertaunton on September 29, 2016, 04:57:52 pm
So,is he still committed or not? I hope he stays firm with his pledge. I was very excited when he committed and was looking forward to seeing him suit up for the hogs. Who else are we on. Seems like a month or so ago a very talented kid from maybe Texas was interested in us and we told him we were done recruiting backs for the year. Surely we dont ever close the door completely on kids and turn them away just bc we are full for the year bc anything can happen,case in point Mr Hayden

The way it was worded, the Razorbacks no longer consider him a commit, but he still has an offer and they want him. Read that as you wish, lol.

Rzback

Is it reasonable to tell a recruit "don't commit to us if you are going to keep looking?"
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

ricepig

Quote from: Rzback on September 29, 2016, 05:36:10 pm
Is it reasonable to tell a recruit "don't commit to us if you are going to keep looking?"

Yes, no, maybe......I think we prefer them being 100%, but as Urban said, they're 17-18, they change their minds.

The Hawg Marshal

Long time til February. I'd hate to lose him but it's still too early to worry about it too much.

ADavisTheGOAT

Seems like the coaches just cut him off since he's visiting Michigan this weekend.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

BigSexyHog

Don't blame the kid for taking a few visits.  Have fun kid at Michigan, enjoy the trip and looking forward to seeing you in Feb :)
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

lefty08

It's all hinging on whether or not he visits michigan
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ricepig

RME

Quote from: ricepig on September 29, 2016, 07:29:27 pm
Read here.

https://www.seccountry.com/author/trentshadid

Interesting. I understand both sides of the issue for sure.

Honest to goodness, if Bielema's response to this is "go ahead and take your visit, but if someone else on our shortlist commits while you're taking visits, you've lost your spot," I don't mind that at all. Great way to handle it in my opinion.

The Hawg Marshal

People on twitter are going to run him off, if they aren't careful.

RME

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on September 29, 2016, 07:46:34 pm
People on twitter are going to run him off, if they aren't careful.

I've only seen one negative response to him on Twitter. Yeah, our fans could chill out a little bit, but I've seen one bad one and about 50 positive ones.

That being said, I'm not against putting morons on blast who tweet badly at our commitments on here, just in case Hogville users know the person and can tell them so shut up.

That being said, if you know Stew Prosser, tell him to shut up. Or if you don't know him and have Twitter, light him up.

https://twitter.com/stewpross/status/781638499476709376

Sorry if this is against some Hogville rule, but I didn't see one against it so...if there is, I'll gladly edit the post.

ChicoHog

Quote from: hogfaninmo on September 29, 2016, 03:51:16 pm
I thought we only had one other RB committ, the kid from Florida-I think his name is Williams.  Who is the other RB verbal?

ricepig

Quote from: ChicoHog on September 29, 2016, 08:32:28 pm
I thought we only had one other RB committ, the kid from Florida-I think his name is Williams.  Who is the other RB verbal?

Uh....Chase Hayden??

RME

Quote from: ricepig on September 29, 2016, 08:33:41 pm
Uh....Chase Hayden??

To back up ChicoHog, hogfaninmo did say 2 RB's committed still if Hayden leaves. I'm on 247 now and don't see another apart from Williams should Hayden decommit, unless one of the athletes project as a running back.

ricepig

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 29, 2016, 08:38:06 pm
To back up ChicoHog, hogfaninmo did say 2 RB's committed still if Hayden leaves. I'm on 247 now and don't see another apart from Williams should Hayden decommit, unless one of the athletes project as a running back.

Ok, misread the post. He may be referring to Curtis, isn't he listed as a RB, although we plan on him playing DB.

RME

Quote from: ricepig on September 29, 2016, 08:45:19 pm
Ok, misread the post. He may be referring to Curtis, isn't he listed as a RB, although we plan on him playing DB.

Yeah, Rivals (lol) does have Curtis listed at RB, so that's probably correct.

ricepig

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 29, 2016, 08:47:41 pm
Yeah, Rivals (lol) does have Curtis listed at RB, so that's probably correct.

Well, his 247 page says RB by his name, but lists him as the 106th CB.

http://247sports.com/player/jordon-curtis-89514

factchecker

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 29, 2016, 07:58:46 pm
I've only seen one negative response to him on Twitter. Yeah, our fans could chill out a little bit, but I've seen one bad one and about 50 positive ones.

That being said, I'm not against putting morons on blast who tweet badly at our commitments on here, just in case Hogville users know the person and can tell them so shut up.

That being said, if you know Stew Prosser, tell him to shut up. Or if you don't know him and have Twitter, light him up.

https://twitter.com/stewpross/status/781638499476709376

Sorry if this is against some Hogville rule, but I didn't see one against it so...if there is, I'll gladly edit the post.

It shouldn't be against the rules.  The idiots and truck burners need to be called out and brought out for public shame.  We, for the most part, have a good fanbase.  However, we do have a whole lot of idiots.

Don't tweet recruits.  Leave them alone.   Nothing better than to see a "fan" tweeting a recruit one minute than tweeting racist garbage and hateful crap towards our team.  :puke:
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Dwight_K_Shrute

This is interesting
[tweet]781675860168478720[/tweet]
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

bulldog04

Okay so he didn't decommit but is visiting Michigan so Arkansas is looking at other RBs.  Fair enough.  Is that what they call a soft verbal?

The Boar War

Quote from: ricepig on September 29, 2016, 04:09:00 pm
I didn't say he decommitted, nor has Arkansas pulled his offer. Obviously, like Jordan Jones, Bielema didn't want him to visit.

What you did say makes it more confusing.  "Scratch Hayden off the commitment list" is not factual at this point.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

hogfaninmo

Jordan Curtis is a speed RB, he will be given a shot at RB

Oklahawg

Quote from: hogfaninmo on September 29, 2016, 10:08:29 pm
Jordan Curtis is a speed RB, he will be given a shot at RB

Curtis' coach is Allan Trimble. THE Allan Trimble. Trimble calls Curtis the prototypical nickel back and a better prospect than some Jenks players who've made it to the NFL.  Curtis' Dad was impressed that UA saw that skill in him early and pursued him at that position. He is a playmaker at CB!
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

Quote from: The Boar War on September 29, 2016, 10:04:03 pm
What you did say makes it more confusing.  "Scratch Hayden off the commitment list" is not factual at this point.

RD is the one who said if he visits Michigan, that the Razorback's won't consider him a commit. If he doesn't go, I'll change the title.

MissippHog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 29, 2016, 07:37:38 pm
Interesting. I understand both sides of the issue for sure.

Honest to goodness, if Bielema's response to this is "go ahead and take your visit, but if someone else on our shortlist commits while you're taking visits, you've lost your spot," I don't mind that at all. Great way to handle it in my opinion.
I agree.  If a commit is going to shop around, then we should as well.

factchecker

Quote from: MissippHog on September 30, 2016, 04:22:02 am
I agree.  If a commit is going to shop around, then we should as well.

You have to.... you can't be left hoping a kid stays committed and unsure on signing day.

The fans who are mad about this policy are the same fans who would be pissed if we Hayden flipped at the last minute and we failed to fill our class again. 
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

rljjr

This is what is wrong with people being so involved with recruiting. Chase hasn't done anything other that say he wants to visit. The Hogs want to keep recruiting in case he likes some other school better. Fanatics take what they hear and apply their own logic to it -- which is invariably wrong -- and then take the next step to go and seek out said recruit on social media platforms. Leave them alone. You're not a parent or a coach. You have no business contacting a kid in HS for any reason. You make the situation worse and put stress on the kid, which in turn isn't good for the school you support. How do you people not see this? Control your emotions. Talk about it here. Use Hogville as your therapy session. Looking like a moron here is at least ok -- you're in the company of thousands. Just leave the HS guys alone for the good of the program. 

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: factchecker on September 30, 2016, 06:18:34 am
You have to.... you can't be left hoping a kid stays committed and unsure on signing day.

The fans who are mad about this policy are the same fans who would be pissed if we Hayden flipped at the last minute and we failed to fill our class again.

Whatever is going on should be between CBB and his coaches and Hayden. People inserting themselves via social media are just getting in the way.  Cheer for the kid. Root for the kid. If you absolutely have to contact him, tell him you'd love to see him in a hog uniform.  But don't go any further than that.

EFBAB

RedyorNot

Quote from: ricepig on September 30, 2016, 04:06:04 am
RD is the one who said if he visits Michigan, that the Razorback's won't consider him a commit. If he doesn't go, I'll change the title.

That doesn't track completely either though. If he still has an offer, which he does...and he hasn't decommitted, which he hasn't...he's technically still committed. Adding the term "Potentially" to your title would be more appropriate.

riccoar

Quote from: ricepig on September 30, 2016, 04:06:04 am
Seems I read somewhere that was Bilema's deal.  If you commit, they no longer want you taking visits to other schools.

factchecker

Quote from: riccoar on September 30, 2016, 08:37:36 am
Seems I read somewhere that was Bilema's deal.  If you commit, they no longer want you taking visits to other schools.

Not just Bielema's deal.  Dabo, Ferentz at Iowa, Chris Petersen at UW, plenty of other coaches use the same policy.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

MissippHog

Quote from: factchecker on September 30, 2016, 08:52:34 am
Not just Bielema's deal.  Dabo, Ferentz at Iowa, Chris Petersen at UW, plenty of other coaches use the same policy.
Isn't that how we landed Duwop?  Didn't Paul Johnson pull his offer when he visited here?

bkjbearcat

So it's still hard for Arkansas to recruit RB's even though their one of the few pro style power, non spread teams left in the power 5?
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

farfromgroovins

Analogy: You're in a bar and a hot girl walks by. You initiate conversation and ask to buy her a drink. She says yes but she is going to go talk to that other dude over there first. You tell her the drink offer is still there but someone else may come by and then your drink offer is no more. While she is talking to the other dude (interested or not is irrelevant) another hottie walks by and you ask to buy her a drink. She obliges and asks for a whiskey and coke (my kind of girl!) You buy her a drink and you hit it off with her. She is committed.

Now, the first girl may come back, may not. If she doesn't, no big loss. If she does, you now have to decide if you can accommodate her or not.

You can use the same story except insert hot dude in place of hot girl if that is your preference.

Wish him a nice visit and continue to call him a Hog until he says otherwise.

MO.Hog

I like this way of recruiting.  We're basically just telling the kid if you want to keep looking that's fine, but then we will too until you come back or another fills your spot.  Hope it all works out for the young man.

Razorbacks#1

 Danny West Retweeted

Brandon Brown ‏@BSB_Wolverine  · 31m31 minutes ago 

Four-star running back Chase Hayden cancels official visit to #Michigan....why? http://rvls.co/2dwOJb4

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

ricepig

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on September 30, 2016, 10:00:44 am
 Danny West Retweeted

Brandon Brown ‏@BSB_Wolverine  · 31m31 minutes ago 

Four-star running back Chase Hayden cancels official visit to #Michigan....why? http://rvls.co/2dwOJb4

Yep, I changed the title since it appears he isn't going for a visit.

Hogdomer

Quote from: MissippHog on September 30, 2016, 09:07:20 am
Isn't that how we landed Duwop?  Didn't Paul Johnson pull his offer when he visited here?

Yes. Same with Trey Flowers.