Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dear Jeff Long

Started by greenEGnHAWGS, January 11, 2017, 11:53:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FANONTHEHILL is correct the organization is a 3 headed monster.  Business, Academic & Success on the Field.  On that thought, the Field Success is the ROOT SYSTEM of the program.  If you do not grow the root system, in time, you want need anyone with business acumen and scholar athletes.  As at most P5 conference schools Football and Basketball provide the funds to have all those other sports that are having success at Arkansas right now.  If this was a huge bee hive, Football and Basketball would be the worker bees.  As with bee hives, if the worker bees do not produce over time, the hive actually dies out.  Contributors will eventually let up if they don't see Field results satisfactory to their liking.  To believe big money fans will continue to support .500 teams is a fallacy.  They will give ultimatums to right the ship, period.  Most of these Guys earned their fortunes and know what it takes to be successful.  The most successful companies know that everyone in the company is in reality, a support system for the employees that are actually out there producing the product, service, device, enjoyment that continually brings in the loot.

Unfortunately, scholar students don't put fans in seats.  Admit that sometimes they do have enough support that a University supporter builds something in their honor but rarely is it the size of the monuments placed for the sports teams.

It also should be noted that business acumen is important but virtually useless if there is no funds flowing in that warrant needing a business head onboard to spend it.

jkstock04

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 14, 2017, 01:50:34 pm
So...you REALLY think JL does NOT care about winning? Sure. Ok.
It would probably be number 7 or 8 on the list of 'to do's.' At this point it's obvious the prospect of winning is merely icing on the cake and nothing more.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

a0ashle, I like those big pictures too.  Let me paint you one.  Bret Bielema has coached 51 football games for the University of Arkansas since being hired.  To cut to the chase, the last 2 were 2 of the worst jobs he has done so far.  Bret has been in charge when this football program has set some of the worst records in the history of the team.  And many of those records were set this year while game numbers 39 through 51 were being played. 

I am not interested in firing Bret but would like to know that the AD has had a heart to heart talk with Bret.  But we know how the AD feels.  He believes, according to his tweet, that all is well.                                Now in the Arkansas Program History of the past 40 years, a coach presenting this bad of a success rate would be fired, period.  But this is where the business part comes in, the HC has such a huge buyout that doing the right thing and firing him would not be in the best interest of the program.

Some on here offer that Jeff Long is a great business end AD.  The huge buyout says that isn't so either.  A shrewd businessman would never let a HC hire put the University in such a predicament.  Sadly, it would cost more to fire this coach than its worth.  Many offer that Jeff Long is getting the North Endzone Build pushed through.  My LIMITED experience with the UofA is that when it is believed by the Foundation and Givers that something is necessary or desired, the money shows up no matter the AD.  Truthfully, for all we know Jeff Long may be wasting half the price of this build or he may not, we do not know.  What we do know is that he allowed us through his acumen, to end up with a poor providing HC over football that should be replaced but common sense doesn't allow due to the buyout.

And over in basketball, I don't know what the buyout is there but once again, maybe a father/son talk there would help.   I doubt he has done that over there either.  I know most of the fanbase was very happy to have Mike Anderson back.  I wasn't that excited myself but in no way was I expecting the failure there that has happened.  IN THE BIG PICTURE, if you want to see all the sports programs start sinking, continue to support these two HCs, their failures and the failures of the AD to address these issues.

BigE_23

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on January 12, 2017, 10:55:58 am
Jeff you have been an inspiration to me. I now tell all my clients not to expect much and then look great being average. My employees love me because no matter how bad they do, I give them all at least six years to prove themselves. It makes my job fun again! Doesn't really matter since I no longer have to be anything but average. Get this. When I lose I tell clients there are more important things than winning. More important things like upholding the integrity of the system. Cool huh? Imagine if I can get them all to believe this! I do have one small problem in that since I'm not the only game in town like you and the UA, I have been losing clients steadily. I guess there are always the shortsighted ones that think they are paying you to win. So I'm thinking about telling them that winning is....wait for it...a process! Sure they may lose for a few years but they are losing the right way! What do you think Jeff? Thanks for all you do!

This is effing genius!!!

a0ashle

Quote from: 12247 on January 14, 2017, 05:55:28 pm
a0ashle, I like those big pictures too.  Let me paint you one.  Bret Bielema has coached 51 football games for the University of Arkansas since being hired.  To cut to the chase, the last 2 were 2 of the worst jobs he has done so far.  Bret has been in charge when this football program has set some of the worst records in the history of the team.  And many of those records were set this year while game numbers 39 through 51 were being played. 

I am not interested in firing Bret but would like to know that the AD has had a heart to heart talk with Bret. But we know how the AD feels.  He believes, according to his tweet, that all is well.                                Now in the Arkansas Program History of the past 40 years, a coach presenting this bad of a success rate would be fired, period.  But this is where the business part comes in, the HC has such a huge buyout that doing the right thing and firing him would not be in the best interest of the program.

Some on here offer that Jeff Long is a great business end AD.  The huge buyout says that isn't so either.  A shrewd businessman would never let a HC hire put the University in such a predicament.  Sadly, it would cost more to fire this coach than its worth.  Many offer that Jeff Long is getting the North Endzone Build pushed through.  My LIMITED experience with the UofA is that when it is believed by the Foundation and Givers that something is necessary or desired, the money shows up no matter the AD.  Truthfully, for all we know Jeff Long may be wasting half the price of this build or he may not, we do not know.  What we do know is that he allowed us through his acumen, to end up with a poor providing HC over football that should be replaced but common sense doesn't allow due to the buyout.

And over in basketball, I don't know what the buyout is there but once again, maybe a father/son talk there would help.   I doubt he has done that over there either.  I know most of the fanbase was very happy to have Mike Anderson back.  I wasn't that excited myself but in no way was I expecting the failure there that has happened.  IN THE BIG PICTURE, if you want to see all the sports programs start sinking, continue to support these two HCs, their failures and the failures of the AD to address these issues.

Dear 1234567,

I am writing to inform you that I have spoken to Bret about his record, I hope this is up to your high standards of quality and excellence. Going forward I will make sure you are aware of all conversation I have with Brett or any other coach for that matter. If there is anything else I can do to make you happy, please feel free to post it to hogville message board, and I will do my best meet your highest standards.

Sincerely
Jeffy Long

Fatty McGee

Quote from: GuvHog on January 14, 2017, 11:05:26 am
Poppycock. All Jeff Long cares about is covering his own posterior.

That doesn't make sense at all. 
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Fatty McGee

Quote from: 12247 on January 14, 2017, 05:27:08 pm
FANONTHEHILL is correct the organization is a 3 headed monster.  Business, Academic & Success on the Field.  On that thought, the Field Success is the ROOT SYSTEM of the program. 

That is incorrect.  The conference affiliation is.  Everything we have, and don't have, flows from that affiliation and the resulting dollars.

To believe big money fans will continue to support .500 teams is a fallacy.

They have for 40 years.

The most successful companies know that everyone in the company is in reality, a support system for the employees that are actually out there producing the product, service, device, enjoyment that continually brings in the loot.

The players are the product.

jcbville

I'll add:

Please pay no mind to those who are also regionally prejudiced against you as they are still holding on to their grudges from what they refer to as "The War of Northern Aggression". We more reasonable minded folks actually refer it as "The War of Southern Salvation" when our northern neighbors so graciously and unselfishly saved us from ourselves. And once again one of our northern neighbors is helping to shepherd us through troubled times and we are grateful for it.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: 26.2Hog on January 12, 2017, 10:02:20 am
I just canceled Netflix the other day.  They didn't ask why or ask for my business back.  They didn't care.  Guess I showed them, lol.
They are use to it. It's worthless

GuvHog

Quote from: jcbville on January 15, 2017, 02:58:22 pm
I'll add:

Please pay no mind to those who are also regionally prejudiced against you as they are still holding on to their grudges from what they refer to as "The War of Northern Aggression". We more reasonable minded folks actually refer it as "The War of Southern Salvation" when our northern neighbors so graciously and unselfishly saved us from ourselves. And once again one of our northern neighbors is helping to shepherd us through troubled times and we are grateful for it.

You've been brainwashed by the biased U.S. History books that don't tell the whole story.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Cinco de Hogo

My G....osh! We have officially left the religion of southern football.

Give Jeffy a trophy he deserves one.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: GuvHog on January 15, 2017, 03:30:04 pm
You've been brainwashed by the biased U.S. History books that don't tell the whole story.

You just posted in Politics that Truman was President in 1955, and that George W. Bush nominated Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court.  Pretty sure you're not the guy to be lecturing others about history and sources.

farmhawg

Quote from: a0ashle on January 14, 2017, 11:20:52 pm
Dear 1234567,

I am writing to inform you that I have spoken to Bret about his record, I hope this is up to your high standards of quality and excellence. Going forward I will make sure you are aware of all conversation I have with Brett or any other coach for that matter. If there is anything else I can do to make you happy, please feel free to post it to hogville message board, and I will do my best meet your highest standards.

Sincerely
Jeffy Long
Brilliant, counter with fiction.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: farmhawg on January 15, 2017, 03:45:48 pm
Brilliant, counter with fiction.
Fiction vs Fiction, get it on...

jcbville

I do enjoy a good brain washin.

GuvHog

Quote from: Fatty McGee on January 15, 2017, 03:45:26 pm
You just posted in Politics that Truman was President in 1955, and that George W. Bush nominated Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court.  Pretty sure you're not the guy to be lecturing others about history and sources.

I corrected the part about Truman and you're right it was Alito that GWB nominated.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Pig in the Pokey

like the part about George Bush and his cia squad whacking president kennedy? Or the part about his daddy Prescott Bush trying to commit a coup against FDR? Our history books are ass.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Swine-as-wine

Quote from: a0ashle on January 12, 2017, 09:46:53 am
Ya'll act like Capitalism is for the little guy, it ain't. You don't want to buy tickets anymore don't, but no one is gonna show up at your door and beg you to return.

That's exactly what the problem is. With so much money coming into the program via the conference and TV deal, the
UA athletic director no longer tours the state securing not only money, but fans as well. Seems to me, that the entire
athletic program on the hill, has traded the support of the "small fan", to that of corporate dollars. Someone DOES need
to basically show up at his door and beg him to return.

MountieDawg

Trump would be a better AD, we are going to win so much you are going to get tired of winning!!!
SEC!

GrouchyOldGuy

Quote from: 12247 on January 14, 2017, 05:55:28 pm

I am not interested in firing Bret but would like to know that the AD has had a heart to heart talk with Bret.  But we know how the AD feels.  He believes, according to his tweet, that all is well.                                Now in the Arkansas Program History of the past 40 years, a coach presenting this bad of a success rate would be fired, period.  But this is where the business part comes in, the HC has such a huge buyout that doing the right thing and firing him would not be in the best interest of the program.

Well said sir, you said this extremely well and I agree with all you said! I admit I thought Mike would be a great hire but so far it's been a disappointment. I thought bb would be an 8 or 9 win coaches but I knew it would be a boring offense and I absolutely loved BP's offense and loved watching it!

Redhogs

Quote from: MountieDawg on January 16, 2017, 07:25:26 am
Trump would be a better AD, we are going to win so much you are going to get tired of winning!!!
He's got bigger fish to fry. Like trying to undo everything the American hating Muslim did to our country.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Hogwild

January 16, 2017, 10:09:18 am #121 Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 11:10:17 am by Hogwild
Quote from: Redhogs on January 16, 2017, 09:09:53 am
He's got bigger fish to fry. Like trying to undo everything the American hating Muslim did to our country.

That "American hating Muslim" was just ranked in 5th place as greatest President in American History.

Hogwild

The results were-

Washington, Jefferson, and Lincoln tied for 1st place.
17 Presidents tied for 2nd place.
22 President tied for 3rd place.
Jimmy Carter was in 4th place.
Nixon and Obama tied for 5th place.

Kevin

that is 43 presidents ahead of him
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Redhogs

Quote from: Hogwild on January 16, 2017, 10:09:18 am
That "American hating Muslim" was just ranked as our 5th greatest President in American History.
Says who , Iran as they spend the secret cash. Rankings are only as good as the idiots that make them. Keep gobbling up the propaganda man.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Hogwild

Quote from: Redhogs on January 16, 2017, 10:37:14 am
Says who , Iran as they spend the secret cash. Rankings are only as good as the idiots that make them. Keep gobbling up the propaganda man.

reread the post below it

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hogwild on January 16, 2017, 10:15:25 am
The results were-

Washington, Jefferson, and Lincoln tied for 1st place.
17 Presidents tied for 2nd place.
22 President tied for 3rd place.
Jimmy Carter was in 4th place.
Nixon and Obama tied for 5th place.

LOL, I tried to make an Aggie joke out of that with a Texican.  He didn't get it.

LZH

Fat boy isn't going to get it done, deal with it.