Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Always Dreaming=Super Saver...done until the breeding career starts!

Started by HogFanInBryant, July 29, 2017, 10:32:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFanInBryant

What a joke!  He went out in over 24 by himself and then backed up like he was stapled to the rail?
What a pitiful group of 3 year olds unless Classic Empire can get healthy and make some kind of run in the next few months!
Cloud Computing looked like a very average horse too.
Maybe someone puts on a show at Monmouth tomorrow...but I doubt it!

userpick

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: userpick on July 29, 2017, 11:21:10 pm
Classic Empire is the most overhyped horse in my lifetime.

I agree somewhat...but I do think he is the only one with the talent that could do something worthy of recognition.  I mean for real...look at the 3 winners of the TC races...they are not what I would even consider calling "great" horses!

userpick

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on July 30, 2017, 09:25:41 am
I agree somewhat...but I do think he is the only one with the talent that could do something worthy of recognition.  I mean for real...look at the 3 winners of the TC races...they are not what I would even consider calling "great" horses!

Oh I'm definitely not disagreeing with that. This year's triple crown horses were pathetic.

kingoftherapids

i sure wish he hadn't won the arkansas derby! that pick 4 was going to pay awesome if he hadn't. of course i didnt have him in any ticket and i had that new mexico horse in everything. and the AP indy in the mile and 3/4 at 9-1 was a gift

userpick

Quote from: kingoftherapids on July 30, 2017, 07:19:51 pm
i sure wish he hadn't won the arkansas derby! that pick 4 was going to pay awesome if he hadn't. of course i didnt have him in any ticket and i had that new mexico horse in everything. and the AP indy in the mile and 3/4 at 9-1 was a gift

You and me both!!

The Hogfather

Quote from: userpick on July 29, 2017, 11:21:10 pm
Classic Empire is the most overhyped horse in my lifetime.

I don't think so.  I think he has just been unlucky overall.  He's had seemingly constant injuries, terribly troubled trip in the Kentucky Derby, and then I think he got a terrible ride (maybe from instructions from the owners?) in the Preakness.  I don't think he's one of the best ever or anything, but I think he is much better than he was able to show as a 3-year-old.  I think he's the best of the not-so-great 3-year-olds.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: The Hogfather on July 31, 2017, 09:02:19 am
I don't think so.  I think he has just been unlucky overall.  He's had seemingly constant injuries, terribly troubled trip in the Kentucky Derby, and then I think he got a terrible ride (maybe from instructions from the owners?) in the Preakness.  I don't think he's one of the best ever or anything, but I think he is much better than he was able to show as a 3-year-old.  I think he's the best of the not-so-great 3-year-olds.

I tend to agree but now it is so late in the year...and he might need a race before he is even worth betting.

userpick

Quote from: The Hogfather on July 31, 2017, 09:02:19 am

Excuses or not, he's gonna have to win a race with any decent horses in it as a 3 year old for me to say  he's anywhere near the best of a bad crop right now. Arkansas Derby field was a joke. At some point I think he is just what he is. An average(relatively speaking) horse that developed very early in his career so was ahead of the rest

The Hogfather

Quote from: userpick on July 31, 2017, 01:37:50 pm
Excuses or not, he's gonna have to win a race with any decent horses in it as a 3 year old for me to say  he's anywhere near the best of a bad crop right now. Arkansas Derby field was a joke. At some point I think he is just what he is. An average(relatively speaking) horse that developed very early in his career so was ahead of the rest

Although I think that is a overly simplistic way to look at things, I get it.  He definitely hasn't gotten the results as a 3-year-old to "prove" how good he really is.  Maybe he can change that before he hangs it up.

HogFanInBryant

I'd love to see Cloud Computing and BOM run in the 7furlong grade 1 on the Travers undercard.

ghostzapper

Who was Baffert's 3 year old that got hurt during his stakes win at SA?  That was a good 3 year old.

The Hogfather