They have two good guards just like us
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

ADavisTheGOAT

They have good guards. A bit smaller than us, but still worried
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

hawgball40

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on March 11, 2018, 05:40:58 pm
They have two good guards just like us
Their best player is Kelan Martin, a 6-7 guy who starts at the 4 and can score off the dribble, catch and shoot for 3, hit the stepback like barford and just an all around good basketball player. he will be a problem.

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 11, 2018, 05:45:14 pm
http://butlersports.com/cumestats.aspx?path=mbball&;

http://butlersports.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball&;

http://butlersports.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball&;

They did beat Ohio St.

And Nova bit it seems like they have their schedule padded vs a lot of mediocre teams. They also have some really bad losses as well. I like the first round draw.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

OldTimeHawg

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on March 11, 2018, 05:45:59 pm

We feast on smaller guards
HOGS = LIFE

WorfHog

Gafford is going to eat their F/C alive. Gotta shoot well.

my3boneheads

HeyHogs

It is never good to draw Butler in the first round.

Athog

Quote from: HeyHogs on March 11, 2018, 06:13:02 pm

BS! Butler can be beat! It never good to draw Arkansas in the first round!

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: HeyHogs on March 11, 2018, 06:13:02 pm

This is NOT the same Butler that was around with Brad Stevens.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

bulldog04

A very good free throw shooting team

RaisinHog

I think it's a decent draw atleast there isn't any blue bloods in our path

HOGINTENNESSEE

Two teams that are polar opposites.

I think Gafford is the difference

Knot2brite

Watched butler a couple times this year. They are a solid team but nothing overly flashy or intimidating. They aren't the same butler of old. They play decent defense and can score at times. We have three senior guards that should lead us past them. If butler wins the game it is because we were in fouls trouble and we are off shooting the ball
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

HeyHogs

Quote from: RaisinHog on March 11, 2018, 06:30:34 pm
I think it's a decent draw atleast there isn't any blue bloods in our path
Agree.  Cannot blame conspiracy this year.

thebignasty

Quote from: Knot2brite on March 11, 2018, 06:36:04 pm
Watched butler a couple times this year. They are a solid team but nothing overly flashy or intimidating. They aren't the same butler of old. They play decent defense and can score at times. We have three senior guards that should lead us past them. If butler wins the game it is because we were in fouls trouble and we are off shooting the ball

If we can play defense without fouling like crazy we ought to cruise past Butler.  If they get the game choppy and lots of freebies, it'll be tough.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Hogginintheville

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 11, 2018, 05:45:14 pm
http://butlersports.com/cumestats.aspx?path=mbball&;

http://butlersports.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball&;

http://butlersports.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball&;

They did beat Ohio St.

Ohio State's coach left Butler in the middle of the summer to go there, so Butler has a bit of extra motivation. Plus it was very early before OSU started playing well.

Locutus_of_Boar

Revenge is a dish best severed...deep frozen?

The series record:
1/2/1931 (1930-31)
@ Butler
L 21-37
Indianapolis, IN

I assume that game was played in the arena made famous in "Hoosiers".

After 87 years it time to even the series.

PygmalionEffect2

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on March 11, 2018, 06:45:13 pm

The series record:
1/2/1931 (1930-31)
@ Butler
L 21-37
Indianapolis, IN

Nice
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

mceasy1001

Here is the Butler basketball forum. They have already posted the Hogville link so it seems fair to post theirs.

https://butlerhoops.com/forum/index.php

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on March 11, 2018, 06:45:13 pm

The series record:
1/2/1931 (1930-31)
@ Butler
L 21-37
Indianapolis, IN

I don't eat severed dishes.   ;D

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on March 11, 2018, 05:45:59 pm

worried just starts to tell the story..

OldTimeHawg

Quote from: Dominicanhog on March 11, 2018, 07:21:52 pm
worried just starts to tell the story..

Really?  Are you really that worried?  Okay so you would rather get matched up with...oh lets say Duke?  Or Florida State?  Or Virginia Tech.  This matchup against Butler is one of the better possible ones we could get.  The same with Purdue.  It was going to be tough either way.  Our draw gives us a realistic chance to make a run. 
HOGS = LIFE

Dominicanhog

Quote from: OldTimeHawg on March 11, 2018, 07:25:52 pm
Really?  Are you really that worried?  Okay so you would rather get matched up with...oh lets say Duke?  Or Florida State?  Or Virginia Tech.  This matchup against Butler is one of the better possible ones we could get.  The same with Purdue.  It was going to be tough either way.  Our draw gives us a realistic chance to make a run.

I like our match ups all thru the bracket.. but, at my age I can't watch the entire game... so worried just starts to tell the story,,,

bigyellowdog

very disciplined and grind it out.   

Lud42

Would have rather got the 6 seed in Dallas, even if that meant catching Texas Tech in second round. Would have like our chances better there against them than in Detroit against Purdue.

Butler at first glance looks like a great matchup for us. Mostly play a smaller line-up and aren't overly athletic. They are a good, solid, sound team, but those are exactly the type of teams we've been able to overwhelm with our athleticism this year. Of course, we are capable of losing to anyone, but I have to say, I do not mind this first round draw. Butler is a very good mid-major playing in a big time conference.

They mostly start a 2 guard, 3 forward line up:

Kamar Baldwin 6'1" G 15.5 pts 33.8 mins
Aaron Thompson 6'2" G 4.3 pts 23.8 mins
Sean McDermott 6'6" F 7.3 pts 23.5 mins
Kelan Martin 6'7" F 20.8 pts 35.5 mins
Tyler Wideman 6'8" F 9.4 pts 20.2 mins

Top Reserves:
Paul Jorgensen 6'2" G 10.5 pts 28.1 mins
Nate Fowler 6'10" F/C 6.1 pts 17.6 mins
Henry Baddley 6'4" G/F 4.2 pts 15.4

If they go with the two guard, three forward lineup to start, I wonder how we counter? Do we stay with Barford/Macon/Beard or do we start both Hall and Bailey or do we give Jones the start?

I think if they come out and go three guards to start (which they have done a few times this year), they have already allowed us to force their hand and it will be a good sign for the game.

Purdue in Detroit is a horrible draw for us. Would have rather played Texas Tech in Dallas, but beyond that Purdue is a big bruising team that can shoot from outside, but also is content pounding the ball in the paint with a stable of huge bangers. The kind of team that beats Arkansas by 10-15 points every time we've faced anyone like them this season.

Of course, if we get past them we get either Texas Tech or Florida and I like our chances against either of those teams.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.--H.L. Mencken

OldTimeHawg

Quote from: Lud42 on March 11, 2018, 08:03:31 pm
Would have rather got the 6 seed in Dallas, even if that meant catching Texas Tech in second round. Would have like our chances better there against them than in Detroit against Purdue.

Butler at first glance looks like a great matchup for us. Mostly play a smaller line-up and aren't overly athletic. They are a good, solid, sound team, but those are exactly the type of teams we've been able to overwhelm with our athleticism this year. Of course, we are capable of losing to anyone, but I have to say, I do not mind this first round draw. Butler is a very good mid-major playing in a big time conference.

They mostly start a 2 guard, 3 forward line up:

Kamar Baldwin 6'1" G 15.5 pts 33.8 mins
Aaron Thompson 6'2" G 4.3 pts 23.8 mins
Sean McDermott 6'6" F 7.3 pts 23.5 mins
Kelan Martin 6'7" F 20.8 pts 35.5 mins
Tyler Wideman 6'8" F 9.4 pts 20.2 mins

Top Reserves:
Paul Jorgensen 6'2" G 10.5 pts 28.1 mins
Nate Fowler 6'10" F/C 6.1 pts 17.6 mins
Henry Baddley 6'4" G/F 4.2 pts 15.4

If they go with the two guard, three forward lineup to start, I wonder how we counter? Do we stay with Barford/Macon/Beard or do we start both Hall and Bailey or do we give Jones the start?

I think if they come out and go three guards to start (which they have done a few times this year), they have already allowed us to force their hand and it will be a good sign for the game.

Purdue in Detroit is a horrible draw for us. Would have rather played Texas Tech in Dallas, but beyond that Purdue is a big bruising team that can shoot from outside, but also is content pounding the ball in the paint with a stable of huge bangers. The kind of team that beats Arkansas by 10-15 points every time we've faced anyone like them this season.

Of course, if we get past them we get either Texas Tech or Florida and I like our chances against either of those teams.

We'll see.  Regardless of matchup Purdue has been a bust quite a few times in recent March Madness and they are struggling at the end of the year.  They did get a lot of rest though...
HOGS = LIFE

Lud42

Quote from: OldTimeHawg on March 11, 2018, 08:05:55 pm
We'll see.  Regardless of matchup Purdue has been a bust quite a few times in recent March Madness and they are struggling at the end of the year.  They did get a lot of rest though...

I like them better than Duke or UNC, but I would have preferred Cincinnati, I think. Would have REALLY preferred being a 6 seed and catching Texas Tech, Michigan, or Tennessee (wouldn't want any part of Mich. St.).
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.--H.L. Mencken

PORKULATOR

BARFORD and Macon will OWN the guys guarding them as well as DHL. Hogs too much late for em... We win by 9.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

GoHogs1091

They play solid, fundamentally sound basketball.

Fundamental basketball being played by the opposing team has caused us problems over the last few seasons.  What worked for us in 1994-1995 doesn't consistently work as well against fundamentally sound basketball in the current college basketball.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

March 11, 2018, 08:40:49 pm #35 Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 10:12:02 pm by KlubhouseKonnected
I'm glad people don't get to go to Dallas

The Hogfather

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 11, 2018, 08:34:31 pm

Fundamental basketball being played by the opposing team has caused us problems over the last few seasons.  What worked for us in 1994-1995 doesn't consistently work as well against fundamentally sound basketball in the current college basketball.

Racist

BenDial

They average right at 80 points per game, so they can fill the bucket at times.

bvillepig

OldTimeHawg

HOGS = LIFE

Porked Tongue

The Hogfather

ListenHereMister

Does this game remind anyone of the Seton Hall game from last year?  Big East. Solid team. 6'7 stud shooter. Only 8 deep?

rtr

Quote from: ListenHereMister on March 11, 2018, 09:47:36 pm
Does this game remind anyone of the Seton Hall game from last year?  Big East. Solid team. 6'7 stud shooter. Only 8 deep?
Yes.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

OldTimeHawg

Didn't we win that game??
HOGS = LIFE

010HogFan

Yeah but I don't think they have a rebounder like the big guy Delgado last year.

rude1

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 11, 2018, 08:34:31 pm

What seed is fundamentally sound MsState with the great Howland coaching them?

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 11, 2018, 09:22:25 pm
What people?

I apologize for some reason it "corrected" the phrase "don't get to go" into "to get to go to"

hawgfan4life

We have struggled the most when the other team has a big that can play tall against Gafford and move him around combined with another player or two with a lot of length.  When we play teams we match up with height, we have played very well minus a couple of games.  Butler appears to be a good matchup for us unless they shoot lights out like TN did Saturday.

Tick Hog

Quote from: bigyellowdog on March 11, 2018, 07:59:00 pm
very disciplined and grind it out.   
That's what they used to do but I'm pretty sure that's changed now. Take a look at their scores. They seem to like to score and apparently not gaurd too much. They've played Xavier twice and Nova 3 times only winning once @ Home vs Nova 101 - 93. So they definitely won't be intimidated by us but that's fine. I think we win