Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Herbstreit owns Hog fan

Started by Peter Porker, December 31, 2017, 02:50:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Porker

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 31, 2017, 10:05:01 pm
Well, isn't it our place to stop them from destroying us?

Yep. It would help if they stopped winning and getting all of the best players in the country. It helps us win more win Bama wins less. Do you not see this?
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Herbie is still butthurt because tOSU is not in the playoffs. He always hated the SEC, SEC rah rah thing, and the fact that tOSU would always get owned by most SEC teams.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on January 01, 2018, 11:22:59 am
Herbie is still butthurt because tOSU is not in the playoffs. He always hated the SEC, SEC rah rah thing, and the fact that tOSU would always get owned by most SEC teams.
No, he's right. As a fan, you gotta have some kind of inferiority complex to brag about teams in your conference on social media when your team just went 1-7.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 01, 2018, 11:28:44 am
No, he's right. As a fan, you gotta have some kind of inferiority complex to brag about teams in your conference on social media when your team just went 1-7.

Yeah true, I would not do it after this embarrassing season, but the fact is that it always gets under his skin.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 31, 2017, 08:09:00 pm
This. Sec doesn't give a crap about us. Screw em all.
for now, that is most definitely true, but all we got to do is WIN and make ourselves relevant and things will change.  No, we arent one of the original SEC members and yes we will always get hosed when going up against one of the good ole boys from the SEC, but when Ark starts winning and actually contributes positively to the nation perception of the SEC, things will be different.   The problem is that when you are 1-7 in the conference and 4-8 overall, not many of your fellow conference-mates are going to give a rats arse about you. 

Winning changes all of this.   Just got to keep our collective heads down and keep working to get better and the rest will take care of itself just like CMA has done in basketball.  It took a while--longer than a lot thought it would--but CMA has got the basketball team becoming relevant again.  He has kept his head down and continued to recruit and its paying off.  Team is ranked #22 in the new AP poll-got a bunch of 4 star recruits coming in next year.  Got a special young frosh in DGafford on the team right now.  The point is that Mike is showing that he is on the right track.  Can CCM do the same in football??  Well, we dont know yet, but as soon as he gets that stud recruiting class coming in and and if his system proves to be successful in the SEC, the Hogs will be back on the road to relevance.  Until then, no, the conference doesnt give a crap about us.  Other teams fan bases dont respect us.  We are a doormat at this point.  Hopefully that will change with CCM.  We will see.

MemphisBossHog

completely agree.  A Hog fan that does that is like the little pipsqueak who is standing by or right behind the big bad guy just saying "yeah, you go Bama and Georgia.   Did you hear what those guys said about you? Yeah, thats right, we are the SEC.  S-E-C, S-E-C!!"  Those are the little guys you want to just shut up and go away and that is what a Hog fan is who gets on social media talking smack cause we are in the same conference as Alabama and Georgia.   

Now dont get me wrong, I hope they win their bowl games.  If the SEC teams get spanked during bowl season, it hurts the whole conferences's perception across the country.  We all know how tough it is to play an SEC schedule, but it falls on deaf ears when our bowl teams get beat in the bowls.  We all see it during bowl season.  A middle of the pack SEC team limps into a bowl game after running the gauntlet of a grueling conference schedule to face a team from the ACC or Big 10 or any other conference and that team is fired up, flying all around jumping and whoopin it up cause they are playing a team from the big bad SEC.  They want to beat that SEC team more than anything and it shows.

Look at UCF right now against Auburn.  They look like they are playing in the Super Bowl while Auburn's last game was a whippin at the hands of Georgia to keep them out of the national championship playoff.  (not saying Auburn is middle of the pack, but you get my point).  If Auburn wins this game, well they were supposed to--maybe easily.  But if UCF wins, well the SEC is down and not near the conference folks think it is.   Its a tough situation to be in.  I hope Auburn mops the floor with UCF personally cause it only enhances how the rest of the country perceives the SEC and if UCF beats Auburn, well folks like Herbie will jump on that immediately and say the SEC is overrated and all that.

Qui Gon Jinn

I don't disagree with this, but look at Herbie's tweets just prior to this.  He was singing the praises of the Big 10 conference.  Same thing he vilified the Hog fan for.  He's a hypocrite and a Big 10 homer.  just like many SEC fans. 

However, we must admit the SEC is down this year.  The Big 10 is up.  At least we aren't the PAC 12.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

Science Fiction Greg

A couple of things I'm a bit mystified about in all of this.

1) Root for whatever team or even conference you want.  Don't let someone shame you for what you like.
2) Why are you getting on twitter and beating your chest about the teams or conferences you like anyway?  I mean you literally just watch them play.  Good grief, what are you people, 8?  Cheer for them, root for them, enjoy watching them, yeah.  Brag, puff your chest, posture, insult others, trash talk?  Grow up.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

PORKULATOR

Mods, can this be moved? Tired of seeing that losers name. The only good Herbie was a Volkswagen.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Rambo Hog

I just remember Herstreit back in 2010  during the game he was doing live  and decided to proclaim  that College Gameday was going to Boise State before confirming  with  ESPN  when the Alabama vs Arkansas game was by far the best game that weekend.I know some people who worked with College Gameday back then and Herbstreit basically made the decision on his own and did not want come to Fayetteville,Arkansas.

Smallie Bigs

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 31, 2017, 02:50:32 pm
and I totally agree with him. I hate how our fans ride the coattails of Bama, UGA,  etc.

Kirk Herbstreit (@KirkHerbstreit) tweeted at 2:19 PM on Sun, Dec 31, 2017:
Actually looks like youre an Arkansas fan. When are they playing? Or do you just claim UGA, Bama, and Auburn as your own when your team doesn't go to a bowl game?? That must be nice to talk trash on behalf of those teams when you've moved onto Basketball season for the last month https://t.co/6I6QSogI39

Why would you make a thread agreeing w/ him & going after other hog fans? Why would anyone of us be interested in this? What a childish thread! This is exactly what bothers me about people who come to HV claiming to be true Razorback fans, but then use it to only troll negativity & nonsense. Please keep this whiny, crying on twitter! Go Hogs!
Watchdog defending all things Razorback.

secfan30

I pull for the SEC to win the bowl games, but I am sure not going to trash talk when my teams sitting at home.

PORKULATOR

Still wasting time on Turdstreit?!? Tsk tsk
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

SamBuckhart

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 31, 2017, 04:52:18 pm
Kirk H is irrelevant.  When he and his partner do games I use the mute.
Smart man mutes.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 31, 2017, 02:50:32 pm
and I totally agree with him. I hate how our fans ride the coattails of Bama, UGA,  etc.

Kirk Herbstreit (@KirkHerbstreit) tweeted at 2:19 PM on Sun, Dec 31, 2017:
Actually looks like youre an Arkansas fan. When are they playing? Or do you just claim UGA, Bama, and Auburn as your own when your team doesn't go to a bowl game?? That must be nice to talk trash on behalf of those teams when you've moved onto Basketball season for the last month https://t.co/6I6QSogI39

Kirk a prick and suffering from Butt hurt over OSU not making the Playoffs!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Smallie Bigs on January 02, 2018, 07:13:24 am
Why would you make a thread agreeing w/ him & going after other hog fans? Why would anyone of us be interested in this? What a childish thread! This is exactly what bothers me about people who come to HV claiming to be true Razorback fans, but then use it to only troll negativity & nonsense. Please keep this whiny, crying on twitter! Go Hogs!

+1
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hoggiedawg

He's an Awbarn fan.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 31, 2017, 08:18:45 pm
Hypothetical:  Texas, Ohio State, Alabama and Georgia are in the playoff.  Who ya rootin' for ???

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 31, 2017, 08:39:32 pm
Isis  :)

Ebola... ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hardcore Hoggy

Some yall don't do logic, do you?

The better SEC teams do in bowl games the more money the conference TV package will bring in means the bigger piece of pie Arkansas gets. The SEC didn't get a billion dollar TV contract by going sub .500 in bowl games.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on January 02, 2018, 12:13:49 pm

The better SEC teams do in bowl games the more money the conference TV package will bring in means the bigger piece of pie Arkansas gets. The SEC didn't get a billion dollar TV contract by going sub .500 in bowl games.

And how has that worked for Arkansas' win/loss record? I'd rather win.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

Because it's dumb to ride the coattails of teams that destroy you.

PonderinHog

We're still here.  We're still in the SEC.

HamboFirstBlood

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on January 02, 2018, 12:13:49 pm

A bigger piece of the pie vs. 4-8 record. That better be some damn good pie.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 02, 2018, 12:17:30 pm

Arkansas' win/loss record over the last 6 years was not caused by Bama or UGA or any other team being successful.  It is attributable to one Jeff Long and the winner he fired and the two losers he hired.

HamboFirstBlood

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 02, 2018, 12:25:25 pm
Arkansas' win/loss record over the last 6 years was not caused by Bama or UGA or any other team being successful.  It is attributable to one Jeff Long and the winner he fired and the two losers he hired.

But he did it with integrity, so it's all good. SMILE!!

Wild Bill Hog

RME

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 02, 2018, 12:17:30 pm

Exactly.

We've been raking in SEC money for years. That's really translated to wins for us, hasn't it? Clemson won it all last year. Therefore, ACC got some good money. How many of you thought "oh, good for Syracuse that Clemson won!"

I hate the "S-E-C! S-E-C!" mindset. They all wanna kick our ass but we should turn around and root for them because it somehow makes us look better and gets us some money (that everyone else in the conference gets, not just us)?

I'll pass. Thanks.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 02, 2018, 12:31:34 pm
Exactly.

We've been raking in SEC money for years. That's really translated to wins for us, hasn't it? Clemson won it all last year. Therefore, ACC got some good money. How many of you thought "oh, good for Syracuse that Clemson won!"

I hate the "S-E-C! S-E-C!" mindset. They all wanna kick our ass but we should turn around and root for them because it somehow makes us look better and gets us some money (that everyone else in the conference gets, not just us)?

I'll pass. Thanks.

Don't you realize money doesn't guarantee success.  Success still has to be earned.  What have we done to earn success?

RME

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 02, 2018, 12:39:46 pm
Don't you realize money doesn't guarantee success.  Success still has to be earned.  What have we done to earn success?

I'm very aware.

That was the point of my argument.

We've been raking in this SEC money for years now and it hasn't translated to darn, but the S-E-C chest-beaters love to use the "financial gain" argument.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 02, 2018, 12:25:25 pm

How about since joining the SEC? All that money ain't helping the wins and losses.

Peter Porker

Exactly.

I'll pass. Thanks.

Somehow I don't think the rest of the country thinks Arkansas, Vandy, and Kentucky are football powerhouses because Bama and UGA are playing in the title game.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 02, 2018, 12:48:54 pm
Somehow I don't think the rest of the country thinks Arkansas, Vandy, and Kentucky are football powerhouses because Bama and UGA are playing in the title game.

Nobody here thinks so either. Let it go, man.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 02, 2018, 12:42:33 pm
I'm very aware.

That was the point of my argument.

We've been raking in this SEC money for years now and it hasn't translated to darn, but the S-E-C chest-beaters love to use the "financial gain" argument.

The money helps us be in a better position to be successful.  The more money the SEC makes the more we get.  The fact we have not done anything with that money to earn success isn't the fault of anyone but us.

If it makes you feel better to attack other Hog fans because we like being in the SEC feel free.  Personally, I'm glad to be part of the SEC so fire away.  Hopefully we can get back to being relevant again like we were before Long implemented his scorched earth attack on Hog football.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 02, 2018, 12:47:32 pm
How about since joining the SEC? All that money ain't helping the wins and losses.

Whose fault is that?

RME

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 02, 2018, 12:51:57 pm
The money helps us be in a better position to be successful.  The more money the SEC makes the more we get.  The fact we have not done anything with that money to earn success isn't the fault of anyone but us.

If it makes you feel better to attack other Hog fans because we like being in the SEC feel free.  Personally, I'm glad to be part of the SEC so fire away.  Hopefully we can get back to being relevant again like we were before Long implemented his scorched earth attack on Hog football.

I never said anything against being in the SEC itself.

I said something against rooting for teams in the SEC who want to kick our head in on a yearly basis.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 02, 2018, 12:53:27 pm
Whose fault is that?
I'd definitely give some of the blame to Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Florida, Tennessee for having some of the best college football teams ever assembled some of the times we played them.

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: HamboFirstBlood on January 02, 2018, 12:25:05 pm
A bigger piece of the pie vs. 4-8 record. That better be some damn good pie.

Not seeing results commensurate with the size of piece we get isn't the same thing as not getting that sized piece to begin with.

IE If we suck this bad with SEC money flowing in, how bad would we suck if we only had Big10 money coming in?

Hardcore Hoggy

Exactly.

I'll pass. Thanks.

You can't be serious right now.

The "SEC SEC SEC" is part of the great tradition OF the SEC, and you better believe that fans of other SEC teams chant it when Arkansas is beating someone from out of conference in an important game.

If we can't beat Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl, Alabama may as well do so. Etc, etc.

hogcards

Quote from: Sivad on December 31, 2017, 04:36:25 pm
Herb has a bad and very public case of SEC envy.

He really does, and it's over the top.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

PonderinHog

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on January 02, 2018, 12:57:15 pm
Not seeing results commensurate with the size of piece we get isn't the same thing as not getting that sized piece to begin with.

IE If we suck this bad with SEC money flowing in, how bad would we suck if we only had Big10 money coming in?
How about Sunbelt money?  I bet we could kick some serious ass in the Sunbelt -

until the money runs out.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 02, 2018, 12:54:31 pm
I never said anything against being in the SEC itself.

I said something against rooting for teams in the SEC who want to kick our head in on a yearly basis.

Every team in the SEC wants to beat every other team in the SEC.  It's no different than it would be in any other conference.  I want the Hogs to beat any team they play; however, I see no problem preferring other SEC teams to win when we don't have a dog in the fight.

Kneph13

Herbstreit sucks and he pouts when his beloved toSu gets beat or slighted.  He's a jerk.
There is no Political Correctness in war

RME

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on January 02, 2018, 12:59:58 pm
You can't be serious right now.

The "SEC SEC SEC" is part of the great tradition OF the SEC, and you better believe that fans of other SEC teams chant it when Arkansas is beating someone from out of conference in an important game.

If we can't beat Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl, Alabama may as well do so. Etc, etc.

Okay. Good for them. I don't care what fans of other SEC teams do or who they root for.

My allegiances lie with the Arkansas Razorbacks, not the SEC. Just because some hick in Alabama might root for Arkansas when we're beating someone from out of conference in an important game doesn't mean I have to root for Alabama in an important game.

I root for our team, not our conference.

Money aspect aside, you're just rooting for our rivals in order to prop up an organization we're a member of. Red Sox fans ain't gonna root for the Yankees because "AL East." Cowboys fans ain't gonna root for Eagles because "NFC East."

HamboFirstBlood

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on January 02, 2018, 12:57:15 pm

So far, the size of the pie hasn't correlated to anything other than being consistently average with slivers slightly above/below average as far as our football team is concerned. I don't see how good our conference opponents bowl records are will change that.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 02, 2018, 01:04:25 pm
Okay. Good for them. I don't care what fans of other SEC teams do or who they root for.

My allegiances lie with the Arkansas Razorbacks, not the SEC. Just because some hick in Alabama might root for Arkansas when we're beating someone from out of conference in an important game doesn't mean I have to root for Alabama in an important game.

My allegiance lies with the Hogs as well.  All other things being equal, my preference lies with the SEC.

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 02, 2018, 01:04:25 pm

Money aspect aside, you're just rooting for our rivals in order to prop up an organization we're a member of. Red Sox fans ain't gonna root for the Yankees because "AL East." Cowboys fans ain't gonna root for Eagles because "NFC East."

Comparing college to pro sports in that aspect is silly. It's just a tradition.

Not to mention it's funny as hell to watch people who have spent an entire season yelling that the SEC is over rated have to watch 60K people chanting "SEC SEC" as their team is getting butt handed to them yet again by an SEC team.

HamboFirstBlood

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 02, 2018, 01:00:25 pm
How about Sunbelt money?  I bet we could kick some serious ass in the Sunbelt -

until the money runs out.

Everyone wants a Coastal Carolina on their schedule

RME

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on January 02, 2018, 01:10:50 pm

Not to mention it's funny as hell to watch people who have spent an entire season yelling that the SEC is over rated have to watch 60K people chanting "SEC SEC" as their team is getting butt handed to them yet again by an SEC team.

So, you truly believe Texas fans were rooting for Oklahoma? Florida fans rooting for Georgia? Florida State fans rooting for Clemson? Arkansas fans rooting for LSU? Auburn fans rooting for Alabama?

All just to prop up their respective conferences? Or for tradition?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 02, 2018, 01:16:25 pm
So, you truly believe Texas fans were rooting for Oklahoma? Florida fans rooting for Georgia? Florida State fans rooting for Clemson? Arkansas fans rooting for LSU? Auburn fans rooting for Alabama?

All just to prop up their respective conferences? Or for tradition?

The SEC doesn't need propping up.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on January 02, 2018, 01:10:50 pm

While your team goes 4-8.