Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WR Kiel Pollard sounds like he could become a Hog

Started by Music City Hog, August 25, 2015, 05:45:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Music City Hog

scruf

Not sure if he ends up a Razorback or not but he's a really sure-handed, physical receiver who would be absolutely devastating in the run game. Rivals has him at 6'1", 228lbs. Holy. Crap.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1713963/highlights/219028375/v2

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Music City Hog on August 25, 2015, 05:45:03 pm
https://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/pollard-talks-two-leaders-1136156?NICK_NAME=MCH16&LEVEL=2&TIME=1440542495&SIG=7f12733048dae98a4d0b8b11465f0867

This whole video is about Arkansas.  I don't remember hearing his name. He was a teammate of TJ Smith.  Would we take another WR in this class not named Graham or Cleveland???

http://sports.yahoo.com/arkansas/football/recruiting/player-Kiel-Pollard-156392

RD reported it on August 4

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/aug/04/tuesday/

RD also had this below in his Aug 7 column

Defensive line coach Rory Segrest is Arkansas' lead recruiter for Pollard and Hightower. Should his visit go well, Pollard said there is a good chance he will commit.
"Oh yeah," he said.
He and his teammate Hightower are officially visiting for the Tech game

Music City Hog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on August 25, 2015, 06:01:10 pm
RD reported it on August 4

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/aug/04/tuesday/

RD also had this below in his Aug 7 column

Defensive line coach Rory Segrest is Arkansas' lead recruiter for Pollard and Hightower. Should his visit go well, Pollard said there is a good chance he will commit.
"Oh yeah," he said.
He and his teammate Hightower are officially visiting for the Tech game

The kid looks good, but jeez, we have a ton of WRs

ricepig

azhog10

Trey1981

How many receivers will we take in this class? We have Jordan Jones and Boateng committed. Audie Omotosho is a beast. Is he still interested in us?  It seems that Graham is the most heavily recruited receiver that we are currently in on and it seems that we may lead for him.  Would we take 4-5 receivers?

COCHISE

Quote from: azhog10 on August 25, 2015, 06:08:22 pm
Talk about yards after contact.
Talk about a WR that would be able to block in the running game.

Music City Hog

Quote from: Trey1981 on August 25, 2015, 06:13:13 pm
How many receivers will we take in this class? We have Jordan Jones and Boateng committed. Audie Omotosho is a beast. Is he still interested in us?  It seems that Graham is the most heavily recruited receiver that we are currently in on and it seems that we may lead for him.  Would we take 4-5 receivers?

No chance at 4-5.  We have 2 and I say that's plenty but 3 would be the max.

We still need 3 more OL, 2RB, and a LB.  That's 6 and we currently only have 7 spots.  Agim will take one of those so I don't see where another WR fits in.

Bubba's Bruisers

So nobody has started the LB or S talk for Pollard yet?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Trey1981

Quote from: Music City Hog on August 25, 2015, 06:15:51 pm

We still need 3 more OL, 2RB, and a LB.  That's 6 and we currently only have 7 spots.  Agim will take one of those so I don't see where another WR fits in.

It's interesting that Pollard and Graham are both visiting on the same weekend according to 247.

Do you get the sense that the staff would turn one away if they were both ready to commit that day?

Music City Hog

Quote from: Trey1981 on August 25, 2015, 06:19:05 pm
It's interesting that Pollard and Graham are both visiting on the same weekend according to 247.

Do you get the sense that the staff would turn one away if they were both ready to commit that day?

I just dont see where they fit in?

We will have tons of WRs come back and most are very young. 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Music City Hog on August 25, 2015, 06:20:07 pm
I just dont see where they fit in?

We will have tons of WRs come back and most are very young.
1 or two of them will play defense. But i'm with you on how tight this class is getting. Crazy to think we are running out of schollies before the first game kicks off.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Trey1981

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 25, 2015, 06:45:41 pm
1 or two of them will play defense. But i'm with you on how tight this class is getting. Crazy to think we are running out of schollies before the first game kicks off.

Which one of them would play defense? They are all highly recruited receivers with great offers. Jordan Jones has NFL speed. He's not switching positions.  Graham is so highly recruited as a WR it would be pretty surprising to see him change. Boateng has a really good offer sheet.. Not to say that it couldn't happen as they are all good athletes... I'm just curious as I've heard nothing with regards to any of these recruits changing positon

HOGINTENNESSEE

Hakuna Matata

Quote from: Music City Hog on August 25, 2015, 06:15:51 pm

I think there will be more spots open than that. I bet it's closer to 9

yraciv

August 25, 2015, 07:48:25 pm #17 Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 08:16:38 pm by yraciv
Coached by the great man and high school coaching legend Rush Propst.  Would not be a bad pipeline to start tapping into!

MissippHog

Quote from: yraciv on August 25, 2015, 07:48:25 pm
Coached by the great man and high school coaching legend Rush Probst.  Would not be a bad pipeline to start tapping into!
Ummm, Rush Propst may be a "coaching legend" but he is FAR from what I would call a great man.  Having an affair and fathering 3 children while leading a double life is highly suspect to me, lol.

HOGINTENNESSEE

COCHISE

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 25, 2015, 08:36:06 pm
Ever heard of delanie walker
Yep. But in CBB's offense the TE acts as another o-lineman much of the time. Just don't see him going after 6'1" TE's.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Trey1981 on August 25, 2015, 07:20:00 pm
Which one of them would play defense? They are all highly recruited receivers with great offers. Jordan Jones has NFL speed. He's not switching positions.  Graham is so highly recruited as a WR it would be pretty surprising to see him change. Boateng has a really good offer sheet.. Not to say that it couldn't happen as they are all good athletes... I'm just curious as I've heard nothing with regards to any of these recruits changing positon
not saying one of these recruits would but a couple current recievers could, including the new freshman. Maybe Stewart, duwop, or one of the others idk. It's too many numbers-wise for sure.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Danimal

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: COCHISE on August 25, 2015, 08:57:41 pm
Yep. But in CBB's offense the TE acts as another o-lineman much of the time. Just don't see him going after 6'1" TE's.

Walker is one of the best TE blockers in the NFL.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Danimal on August 25, 2015, 09:16:17 pm
Didn't see a 40 time -- can he play RB?
6'1 228. those are certainly RB measurables.

Danimal

Oklahawg

Fallacy #1: the number of available scholarships according to HV = the number of actual available scholarships

Fallacy #2: bodies in the depth chart according to HV = actual bodies the staff thinks can be on-field contributors

Not busting chops. Just noting that we may have moved past 22 scholies this class. If you have 3 others and they are "best available" then a WR is a fine move in my book.

We should see the team in action so we see what the coaches have seen in great detail. Something tells me they are seeing this very differently.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

COCHISE

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 25, 2015, 09:17:54 pm
Walker is one of the best TE blockers in the NFL.
Not doubting Walker's abilities but Bielema has recruited 15 TE's as a HC, those TE's have averaged 6' 4.5" 233 lbs coming out of HS. At 6'1" 200 lbs., (247 #'s)chances are CBB isn't looking at Pollard for TE.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: COCHISE on August 25, 2015, 10:02:12 pm
Not doubting Walker's abilities but Bielema has recruited 15 TE's as a HC, those TE's have averaged 6' 4.5" 233 lbs coming out of HS. At 6'1" 200 lbs., (247 #'s)chances are CBB isn't looking at Pollard for TE.

He also has never signed a 228lb WR

MissippHog

deedster84

If he's got corner skills, with that size, he could be devastating at safety. Especially if he has one of those mean streaks in him. Give those receivers coming over the middle something to think about.  Just conjecture.

JawJa-Hawg

Colquitt's first game last week was against North Gwinnett in the Corky Kell Classic in the Georgia Dome.  I found this snippet.

No. 3 Colquitt County beat No. 7 North Gwinnett 45-14. Chase Parrish, a returning starter at quarterback, was 16-of-28 passing for 191 yards and a touchdown to Kiel Pollard, who had seven catches for 124 yards.  Pollard also had 2 rushing TDs.
Arkansas Alum living in the Heart of Georgia.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: JawJa-Hawg on August 26, 2015, 08:22:10 am
Colquitt's first game last week was against North Gwinnett in the Corky Kell Classic in the Georgia Dome.  I found this snippet.

No. 3 Colquitt County beat No. 7 North Gwinnett 45-14. Chase Parrish, a returning starter at quarterback, was 16-of-28 passing for 191 yards and a touchdown to Kiel Pollard, who had seven catches for 124 yards.  Pollard also had 2 rushing TDs.
+1 good info Rook!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Oklahawg on August 25, 2015, 09:45:37 pm
Fallacy #1: the number of available scholarships according to HV = the number of actual available scholarships.
Except I think the HV# came from the coaches mouth, so there is some debate to that statement. Pretty sure he is the one that mentioned 20-22 as the number in February.

AugustaHog

I might have to sneak down to Moultrie and check this guy out.  He sounds like a physical beast.  I love that we are working our way into south GA where there are tons of prospects.  Propst is certainly not Uncommon, but that doesn't mean his kids aren't.  If we get into that program and can work our way into schools like Lowndes, we could really see some studs heading our way.  GA HS football feeds a lot of programs and kids aren't afraid to leave the state to play ball.  Usually they are headed to nearby border schools like FSU, UF, AU, Bama, So. Carolina, or UT.  If we start having some of these guys producing, we could really show some of these guys that Arkansas is a comparable choice for them.

Youngsta71701

Yeah, he looks like an Uncommon receiver. A perfect Bret Beilema type of player. Looks to be an Antuan Boldin type.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

wholehog92

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 26, 2015, 09:01:45 am
Except I think the HV# came from the coaches mouth, so there is some debate to that statement. Pretty sure he is the one that mentioned 20-22 as the number in February.

I hate it when people respond to a poster and trim out the reason why they said it.  Pretty sure OK new the number came from the coach.  I believe his opinion is that they coaches have seen practices and have changed their mind without updating Hogville.

I disagree with him and don't think our numbers will change, but if I were interested in discussing it, I sure wouldn't pick his post apart and state the obvious.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: wholehog92 on August 26, 2015, 11:45:19 am
I hate it when people respond to a poster and trim out the reason why they said it.  Pretty sure OK new the number came from the coach.  I believe his opinion is that they coaches have seen practices and have changed their mind without updating Hogville.

I disagree with him and don't think our numbers will change, but if I were interested in discussing it, I sure wouldn't pick his post apart and state the obvious.
You may be right, but instead of putting the HV#, say something more like, IMO CBB now thinks we would have more schollies available than previous statements, it read to me that us Hogvillians were making up some arbitrary #.

redeye

Quote from: wholehog92 on August 26, 2015, 11:45:19 am

I believe Otis has said he's expecting the true number to be close to 25.

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

scruf

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on August 26, 2015, 01:56:38 pm
After everyone leaves for nfl
Agree. Potential departures (apart from seniors) include:

Alex Collins
Jared Collins
DJ Dean
Brooks Ellis
Hunter Henry
Taiwan Johnson
Denver Kirkland
Jeremiah Ledbetter
Dan Skipper
Jeremy Sprinkle
Kody Walker
Josh Williams
JaMichael Winston
Deatrich Wise

WooPig90

Quote from: scruf on August 26, 2015, 02:47:42 pm
Agree. Potential departures (apart from seniors) include:

Alex Collins
Jared Collins
DJ Dean
Brooks Ellis
Hunter Henry
Taiwan Johnson
Denver Kirkland
Jeremiah Ledbetter
Dan Skipper
Jeremy Sprinkle
Kody Walker
Josh Williams
JaMichael Winston
Deatrich Wise

13 seniors + lets say 5 of the above + 2-3 that transfer out = around 20-21...just IMO

scruf

Quote from: WooPig90 on August 26, 2015, 03:30:46 pm
13 seniors + lets say 5 of the above + 2-3 that transfer out = around 20-21...just IMO
I think AC, Hunter, and Kirkland are definitely gone. After that, the best bets are probably Jared Collins, Taiwan, Sprink, and Winston. I think 2-3 will transfer out as well. It will be a fascinating spring.

presidenthog

Quote from: scruf on August 26, 2015, 03:54:08 pm
I think AC, Hunter, and Kirkland are definitely gone. After that, the best bets are probably Jared Collins, Taiwan, Sprink, and Winston. I think 2-3 will transfer out as well. It will be a fascinating spring.
honestly the word I hear is that Dj Dean is the real player in our secondary.