Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kapita headed to prep school

Started by The Recruiting Guy, August 25, 2015, 03:14:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ldfergu

HOGINTENNESSEE

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Swinesong1

Why is this news?  This has been known for a while.  Am I missing something?

Pig in the Pokey

Same exact news it has been. Still says he could transfer at semester.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

PonderinHog

Hopefully, he finds his way back.   :razorback:

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Swinesong1 on August 25, 2015, 07:07:45 pm
Why is this news?  This has been known for a while.  Am I missing something?

Originally, RD reported the prep school was just a fall back plan and the NCAA hadn't officially ruled him ineligible for the fall.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 25, 2015, 07:34:09 pm
Originally, RD reported the prep school was just a fall back plan and the NCAA hadn't officially ruled him ineligible for the fall.

So... the NCAA has ruled Kapita ineligible for the fall?
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Razoryak

We will we have to re-recruit him or is he still solid to the hogs when/if he gets eligible?
Woo Pig

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on August 25, 2015, 09:59:52 pm
So... the NCAA has ruled Kapita ineligible for the fall?

I am under the impression that that is a yes

bigdaddyhawg

This is bad reporting.  He's a very important part of Mike's very important recruiting class.  He'll be there when school starts, no worries.

This report is probably from a Mike hating fool.  Don't believe it.

/sarcasm off
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 25, 2015, 11:40:59 pm
I am under the impression that that is a yes

Then why no official announcement from the school or the NCAA?
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

ricepig

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on August 26, 2015, 05:19:06 pm

You mean besides the confirmation that he isn't enrolled? I'm pretty sure you can check that yourself.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on August 26, 2015, 05:19:06 pm

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you still holding out hope?

k.c.hawg

I'm really tired of all this. By all accounts he is an intelligent young man with English being his second language. Yet you can go take guys from small town southeast U.S. that cannot read and get them qualified. I have zero doubt that this kid could be an average student or better at the U of A.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: k.c.hawg on August 26, 2015, 08:05:08 pm
I'm really tired of all this. By all accounts he is an intelligent young man with English being his second language. Yet you can go take guys from small town southeast U.S. that cannot read and get them qualified. I have zero doubt that this kid could be an average student or better at the U of A.

The NCAA hates us!

bigdaddyhawg

Truth is folks that it is risky recruiting kids like Kapita.  I think it's a high risk/reward situation.  Sometimes the risk is not rewarded.

IMO it's just part and parcel of not so great recruiting on the Hill at this time.  Another failure when we needed a whole bunch of successes.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

TrueBlue

A poster on the website made a comment about the description under CMA's picture, I have to tend to agree with the poster. What does this description have to do with sports or Kapita? Seems to be wanting to stir the pot.....

Arkansas Coach Mike Anderson was one of several SEC coaches who echoed South Carolina Coach Frank Martin's sentiments about the Confederate flag being removed from public places.

Razoryak

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on August 27, 2015, 09:07:30 am
Truth is folks that it is risky recruiting kids like Kapita.  I think it's a high risk/reward situation.  Sometimes the risk is not rewarded.

IMO it's just part and parcel of not so great recruiting on the Hill at this time.  Another failure when we needed a whole bunch of successes.

What is strange is the unwillingness of a lot of HV members to accept that this staff has done poorly on the recruiting trail. I am not a hater, just a realist, the roster was in trouble before the suspensions. Hopefully 2016 will be the year everything turns around on the recruiting front.
Woo Pig

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: k.c.hawg on August 26, 2015, 08:05:08 pm

That the NCAA bull crap. If he was just another student he could get in

The Boar War

I'm willing to bet that if we don't see Kapita in January, we'll never see him at Arkansas.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: The Boar War on August 27, 2015, 10:12:18 pm
I'm willing to bet that if we don't see Kapita in January, we'll never see him at Arkansas.

Why do you think that?

The Boar War

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on August 27, 2015, 11:09:21 pm
Why do you think that?

I probably said that too strongly.  He'd have to really like Arkansas to remain committed.  A lot of the big time schools backed off because of 1) concerns with his hip and 2) rumors about grade issues.  If he gets cleared and has a injury free season more schools will get involved.  He certainly could recommit but this time we'll have tougher competition.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 26, 2015, 07:44:09 pm
I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you still holding out hope?

I thought that it may be possible that the NCAA hadn't ruled and therefore Kapita wasn't able to enroll for the fall semester. So maybe that's why he went the prep school route. so that he could enroll in January if there was a favorable NCAA ruling later.

WBC Hog

Quote from: Razoryak on August 27, 2015, 07:53:40 pm
What is strange is the unwillingness of a lot of HV members to accept that this staff has done poorly on the recruiting trail. I am not a hater, just a realist, the roster was in trouble before the suspensions. Hopefully 2016 will be the year everything turns around on the recruiting front.

Better be careful talking like that. The CMA possy is a sensitive bunch.

WBC Hog

Quote from: The Boar War on August 27, 2015, 10:12:18 pm

I agree. Ted Kapita = Jovan Pruitt

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: WBC Hog on August 29, 2015, 05:30:45 am
Better be careful talking like that. The CMA possy is a sensitive bunch.

Yeppers!

TomBigBeeHog

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Razoryak on August 27, 2015, 07:53:40 pm
Fact of the matter is Heath and Pel recruited better.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 29, 2015, 07:38:09 pm
Fact of the matter is Heath and Pel recruited better.

Pel didn't recruit that much better and for sure didn't coach it as well.

Heath recruited out of the park. But we was also taking over a program that had won a NC in the last 10 years.

onebadrubi

Forgot about this dude until he just molested the rim for a T!  Did we give up on him?  I thought for sure he wasn't going to be able to play collegiately

Amityvillehogger

Interesting that he got in somewhere
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

onebadrubi

Hawg Red

Of course we gave up on him. Many in the industry said he would never get eligible. I was floored that he got eligible after not sticking at two different schools and drawing little interest nationally because of his eligibility concerns.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 23, 2017, 07:51:29 pm
Of course we gave up on him. Many in the industry said he would never get eligible. I was floored that he got eligible after not sticking at two different schools and drawing little interest nationally because of his eligibility concerns.

Any idea what the eligibility was all about that all of a sudden he got eligible?

Hawg Red

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 23, 2017, 08:12:13 pm
Any idea what the eligibility was all about that all of a sudden he got eligible?

No clue. Maybe that "paperwork from the Congo" finally came through. Maybe Gottfried made it happen. Dude is kinda slimy. Even Larry Brown couldn't handle Kapita's issues.

Man, how tremendous of a difference he'd make on this roster....

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 23, 2017, 08:20:51 pm
No clue. Maybe that "paperwork from the Congo" finally came through. Maybe Gottfried made it happen. Dude is kinda slimy. Even Larry Brown couldn't handle Kapita's issues.

Man, how tremendous of a difference he'd make on this roster....

Dude was a beast on the boards in this game but did foul out

The_Iceman

Ugh, the dreadful 2015 class. Truly set this program back.

jry04

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 23, 2017, 09:45:08 pm
Ugh, the dreadful 2015 class. Truly set this program back.
Whitt was on campus last year and did not do much. Kapita would not have made much of a difference last season unless he could stop the counterfeiting, or convince Qualls/Bobby to stay. Losing them hurts, but saying it set our program back is overreacting. Whitt likely would not get many minutes this year with the current guards we have, and Kapita is averaging 4 ppg despite his great play tonight. We are 15-4 with the #31 RPI, and 4 wins outside of BWA in 6 tries. How much did it really set us back? If anything, it kept us from taking the next step, but did not really set us back. We compensated by bringing in JUCOs that people like yourself said would never make an immediate impact because "JUCOs never pan out in division 1 basketball year 1."

daprospecta

Quote from: jry04 on January 23, 2017, 10:50:24 pm
Whitt was on campus last year and did not do much. Kapita would not have made much of a difference last season unless he could stop the counterfeiting, or convince Qualls/Bobby to stay. Losing them hurts, but saying it set our program back is overreacting. Whitt likely would not get many minutes this year with the current guards we have, and Kapita is averaging 4 ppg despite his great play tonight. We are 15-4 with the #31 RPI, and 4 wins outside of BWA in 6 tries. How much did it really set us back? If anything, it kept us from taking the next step, but did not really set us back. We compensated by bringing in JUCOs that people like yourself said would never make an immediate impact because "JUCOs never pan out in division 1 basketball year 1."
While I agree with you somewhat, Kaptia would have certainly made a difference last year.  Moses at the 5 and Kapita at or 4 or vice versa would have turned our 16-16 season into 20+ wins.  It set us back THAT YEAR but we have rebounded nicely.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: jry04 on January 23, 2017, 10:50:24 pm
I love how Jimmy Whitt went from "greatest evar!" to "likely would not get many minutes this year" in one transfer...
All Gas, No Brakes!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on January 24, 2017, 08:20:32 am
I love how Jimmy Whitt went from "greatest evar!" to "likely would not get many minutes this year" in one transfer...

Funny, isn't it?  I wish I could remember which poster(s) were going on and on a couple of years ago about how the Hogs would be Whitt's team after just a few games and how he would be the best guard we'd had since Lee Mayberry.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 24, 2017, 08:25:30 am
Funny, isn't it?  I wish I could remember which poster(s) were going on and on a couple of years ago about how the Hogs would be Whitt's team after just a few games and how he would be the best guard we'd had since Lee Mayberry.

He didn't stay long enough to find out. Not sure a rough freshman season is enough to declare the kid a total bust. Ky Madden didn't start off great, but ended up a solid player.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 24, 2017, 08:36:18 am
He didn't stay long enough to find out. Not sure a rough freshman season is enough to declare the kid a total bust. Ky Madden didn't start off great, but ended up a solid player.

And since he left after one year we'll never know.  Compared to the expectations of many, I'd say bust.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 24, 2017, 10:22:10 am
And since he left after one year we'll never know.  Compared to the expectations of many, I'd say bust.

His freshman year was a bust compared to expectations for sure.

LRHawg

Quote from: Deep Shoat on January 24, 2017, 08:20:32 am

Jimmy Whitt, never heard of her.

-Hogville

The_Iceman

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 24, 2017, 10:22:10 am

The 2015 class was a bust. Not a single player left. Only Whitt made it to campus. That after losing over 90% of the teams production from the year before.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 24, 2017, 11:18:35 am
The 2015 class was a bust. Not a single player left. Only Whitt made it to campus. That after losing over 90% of the teams production from the year before.

Recruits?  We don't need no stinking recruits!!