Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Elite 11 2014 -Town

Started by HOGINTENNESSEE, August 22, 2015, 09:19:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGINTENNESSEE

August 22, 2015, 09:19:31 pm Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 09:53:24 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
Below is the full video of the 2014 elite 11. There is a lot about Town he gets about the 4th most attention of all the QB's. He struggles earlier then has the best day of all the QB's on the last day. That part starts around the 53:30 min mark. The coaches also recap his day around the 1:01 area.

https://vimeo.com/103510675

PonderinHog

Town.  There will be a test.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 22, 2015, 09:46:24 pm
Town.  There will be a test.

And now my thread is derailed. I guess it's my own fault. However, I would like to blame this guy

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3136195/karl-anthony-towns

Huds_HawgTide

Wow...dilfer made my eyes water a bit...freaking A Pumped for 2016 baby
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

PonderinHog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 22, 2015, 09:59:07 pm
And now my thread is derailed. I guess it's my own fault. However, I would like to blame this guy

Thanks for posting the video.  It looks like we have a quarterback.   :razorback:

nwahogfan1

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 22, 2015, 09:19:31 pm
Below is the full video of the 2014 elite 11. There is a lot about Town he gets about the 4th most attention of all the QB's. He struggles earlier then has the best day of all the QB's on the last day. That part starts around the 53:30 min mark. The coaches also recap his day around the 1:01 area.

https://vimeo.com/103510675
Thanks for the video.  I love the competition that Town brings to the team.  He wants to be good and he will drive himself and the rest of the QBs to be their best.

Be Uncommon.

redeye

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 22, 2015, 09:59:07 pm

Surprisingly, I haven't seen a single mention of Marlon Townes.

That's the first time I've watched that on the Elite 11.  Thanks!

Thepigdoctor

The kid can really spin the pigskin. If not for his injury in his junior season (the main reason I've read for his ranking drop), he could have been the highest rated Hog commit we've ever had. At one time, not only was he ranked the #1 overall QB, but the #1 overall prospect.

It's rare that we get Cali players, even moreso that we pluck such a highly talented kid from USC's roster! Just goes to show how highly thought of the Hogs are becoming and how much kids want to play behind our offensive line.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on August 23, 2015, 02:48:34 am
The kid can really spin the pigskin. If not for his injury in his junior season (the main reason I've read for his ranking drop), he could have been the highest rated Hog commit we've ever had. At one time, not only was he ranked the #1 overall QB, but the #1 overall prospect.

It's rare that we get Cali players, even moreso that we pluck such a highly talented kid from USC's roster! Just goes to show how highly thought of the Hogs are becoming and how much kids want to play behind our offensive line.

Say what you want about scheme, no QB wants to get hit.  BA hardly got touched last year.  Having time to throw, a massive freaking O-line that has your back and knowing you will rarely get hit are all major pluses for our team.

jjdlc

This kid has the physical gifts, but more importantly, he appears to have the football smarts.  He seems to be adept at reading the defense, and adjusting the play to accommodate.  Kid has a lot of potential, and seems to be driven, I'm excited to have him.

Huds_HawgTide

He wasnt playing very well...he was being pushed and lifted up by the coaches and reached down in himself and found the other level he needed to compete and then wowed everyone! All qbs are gonna struggle at times...but most let it affect them a whole game or while season and some let it ruin their careeers...this kid during a week of tough competition didnt give in and give up he said nope and performed  like the 5 star kid he is
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on August 23, 2015, 11:07:07 am
He wasnt playing very well...he was being pushed and lifted up by the coaches and reached down in himself and found the other level he needed to compete and then wowed everyone! All qbs are gonna struggle at times...but most let it affect them a whole game or while season and some let it ruin their careeers...this kid during a week of tough competition didnt give in and give up he said nope and performed  like the 5 star kid he is
He is really a 5*. I love how the haters have been referencing this competition as why he is over-rated but obviously they didn't actually watch it because it is obvious to everyone who has seen it that Ricky funky Town has the highest ceiling of the lot of em.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

TrueBlue

Looks really promising.

Can someone buy his dad a Razorback hat where he can ditch the USC hat?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: TrueBlue on August 23, 2015, 11:31:18 am
Looks really promising.

Can someone buy his dad a Razorback hat where he can ditch the USC hat?
pretty sure they loaded up while they were in town.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

August 23, 2015, 12:21:00 pm #14 Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 12:45:11 pm by Pig in the Pokey
I'm of the opinion that no one should be allowed to criticize any of these guys unless they at least watch that who video. That was amazing.

Town finished with the most yards, most td. Had 73.7% comp even with a bunch of drops. Only 2 picks to Barnett's 5. What a baller! From last to 2nd!.

factchecker

I know that these camps are not necessarily indicative of future success but -
Ricky finished the camp completing 84 of 114 passes (73.7%) for 9 touchdowns and 2 INT.   :)  :razorback:
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Pig in the Pokey

I notice Barnett has the "Teabow" delivery. Ricky has that Marino flick.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: factchecker on August 23, 2015, 12:21:38 pm
I know that these camps are not necessarily indicative of future success but -
Ricky finished the camp completing 84 of 114 passes (73.7%) for 9 touchdowns and 2 INT.   :)  :razorback:
and nobody was even over 2 tds except Barnett 9/5 and Murray 7/3. a bunch of those cats didn't even get 1 td. Also, in the finals, Barnett's recievers were amazing and Town's kept dropping perfect passes. That was an awesome video though. To those of you that skipped to just the Town part OP mentioned, you missed a hell of a show.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on August 23, 2015, 02:48:34 am

Quote from: jgphillips3 on August 23, 2015, 09:20:21 am
Say what you want about scheme, no QB wants to get hit.  BA hardly got touched last year.  Having time to throw, a massive freaking O-line that has your back and knowing you will rarely get hit are all major pluses for our team.

CBP built hyper-rapidly due to the WR class that Arkansas produced from it's own HS ranks during his 1st recruiting cycle prior to coaching his first game.

CBB has had to build after a complete dissolution of talent due to lackluster recruiting and dysfunctional relationships throughout the entire football program that resulted in the total implosion of our team under smiley. What we have now is a team nearly as good as the 2011 or 2012 teams with a reputation for excellence that is growing to near legendary status. It's 100% due to CBB and his vision that we are where we are now.

Y'all hold on now, the coaster is almost at the top of the big hill, and this ride is about to get very, very good...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HOGINTENNESSEE

hogfan14

Here is a short video of him throwing a TD to LSU RB Derrius Guice at the army all-American game

http://youtu.be/JUEtwBEnu6w

factchecker

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 23, 2015, 11:01:48 pm

More highlights from that day at the opening

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_jMOiXDmxvQ

GOOD FIND!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jMOiXDmxvQ&app=desktop

Wait.... one of Ricky's receivers looks very familiar.  Is that K.J. Hill?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

redeye

Quote from: factchecker on August 23, 2015, 11:43:09 pm
GOOD FIND!

It sorta looks like him, but I don't think it's him.

Ricky looked really good, didn't he?  Thanks for the videos, guys!

Pig in the Pokey

Ricky made Dilfer cry. He was the epitome of why they do the Elite 11, he said. Will NEVER forget Ricky. Told his dad he must be soooo proud of Ricky.

Pig in the Pokey

August 24, 2015, 11:16:50 am #24 Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 03:25:11 pm by Pig in the Pokey
Quote from: factchecker on August 23, 2015, 11:43:09 pm
GOOD FIND!

Yes that's him, 100% for sure. They were on the same team and actually the late TD bomb was the #1 play on the Best Of The Opening highlight reels, Town to Hill for 6.

redeye

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 24, 2015, 11:16:50 am
Yes that's him, 100% for sure. They were on the same team and actually the late TD bomb was the #1 play on the Best Of The Opening highlight reals, Town to Hill for 6.

Thanks for the correction.  Hill looked bigger then I remember.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: redeye on August 24, 2015, 02:14:13 pm
Thanks for the correction.  Hill looked bigger then I remember.
it's dat fro lol

Huds_HawgTide

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 24, 2015, 11:11:52 am
Ricky made Dilfer cry. He was the epitome of why they do the Elite 11, he said. Will NEVER forget Ricky. Told his dad he must be soooo proud of Ricky.

my favorite part...i think dilfer may of asked to be his godfather after that season
tommy boy

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on August 24, 2015, 05:20:48 pm
my favorite part...i think dilfer may of asked to be his godfather after that season
If Dilfer could only take one from that class, i have no doubt in my mind it would be our Ricky.

Huds_HawgTide

Even tho barnett shined all week...im pretty sure they wouldnt take his long delivery
tommy boy

20hog11

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 24, 2015, 11:11:52 am

If he made Dilfer cry in one week, imagine what Coach B will do when this kid is a senior lol.

returntoglory

This video made me want to pull for the kid going to Air Force. Seemed like a great harding working young man.

I was very impressed with how Town played on the final day. And though his team got second, I think he was ranked the 9th qb, but that's not a knock on him at all. He started behind the 8 ball and was literally last on one of those lists and worked is way back up. So glad to have him be a hog.

Huds_HawgTide

Had he performed like he did on last day everyday he would have won it
tommy boy

Hogsmo Kramer

He's gonna be good man, really good in my opinion.

Listen all those guys are talented and were under enormous pressure to perform well from themselves and outside as well. As an elite talent and QB nonetheless it's easy to get down on yourself when you're not performing your best especially given the scrutiny these guys were under.

That said he was having a tough week but here's the important part, he didn't fold and he didn't give in. He dug in harder and stuck with it and in the end was successful.

A lot of these kids that are super talented don't know how to do that, some never learn, but he's got it and it showed. Add in his talent and the sky's the limit.

But that's what it is to be uncommon. Common would have folded, common would have laid down, but uncommon says no way not happening on my watch.

That's what our team did last year. They never quit, never gave in, and continued pushing along with the coaches.

We have a group of uncommon men, making up an awesome football team, representing our awesome university, and I have a feeling Mr. Town is gonna fit right in perfectly.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 20hog11 on August 24, 2015, 08:53:06 pm
If he made Dilfer cry in one week, imagine what Coach B will do when this kid is a senior lol.
oh, man. i'll cry right there with him if he gets us some Crystal!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: returntoglory on August 25, 2015, 01:01:07 pm
This video made me want to pull for the kid going to Air Force. Seemed like a great harding working young man.

I was very impressed with how Town played on the final day. And though his team got second, I think he was ranked the 9th qb, but that's not a knock on him at all. He started behind the 8 ball and was literally last on one of those lists and worked is way back up. So glad to have him be a hog.
he had THE best stats for The Opening. 74% completions and 9tds and only 2 picks.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on August 25, 2015, 04:54:58 pm
He's gonna be good man, really good in my opinion.

Listen all those guys are talented and were under enormous pressure to perform well from themselves and outside as well. As an elite talent and QB nonetheless it's easy to get down on yourself when you're not performing your best especially given the scrutiny these guys were under.

That said he was having a tough week but here's the important part, he didn't fold and he didn't give in. He dug in harder and stuck with it and in the end was successful.

A lot of these kids that are super talented don't know how to do that, some never learn, but he's got it and it showed. Add in his talent and the sky's the limit.

But that's what it is to be uncommon. Common would have folded, common would have laid down, but uncommon says no way not happening on my watch.

That's what our team did last year. They never quit, never gave in, and continued pushing along with the coaches.

We have a group of uncommon men, making up an awesome football team, representing our awesome university, and I have a feeling Mr. Town is gonna fit right in perfectly.
Very well said, Hogsmo! +1 to you and no doubt Ricky friggin Town is UNCOMMON.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 25, 2015, 07:00:27 pm
Very well said, Hogsmo! +1 to you and no doubt Ricky friggin Town is UNCOMMON.
Notice what he did in that Army AA game TD pass highlight?  He stepped up in the pocket delivered it downfield, on the money.  Seems like I've heard some people complain about our QB's not doing that around here.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 25, 2015, 07:24:33 pm
Notice what he did in that Army AA game TD pass highlight?  He stepped up in the pocket delivered it downfield, on the money.  Seems like I've heard some people complain about our QB's not doing that around here.
Man, I'm all in- as far as my hopes go. Ricky has the highest ceiling. He is a warrior with a cannon.

HOGINTENNESSEE

lefty08

Anyone know who the big white guy Ricky kept throwing to is?  Looks like a TE possibly, and a damn good one
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

songofthesword

he has footwork issues, he doesn't ever plant his back foot. he's all upper body right now. also his delievvery is low.  with that said if enos can fix allen he will make towns look like the 2nd coming

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: songofthesword on October 04, 2015, 07:11:26 pm
he has footwork issues, he doesn't ever plant his back foot. he's all upper body right now. also his delievvery is low.  with that said if enos can fix allen he will make towns look like the 2nd coming

He had a knee injury his JR that wasn't completely healed at the Elite 11. That contributed to him not putting weight on his back leg.

Bowfishinghogfan

this will be our future QB. BB will succeed and be loved here or if Town doesn't shine it will be the nail in the coffin. He is far more talented than any qb we have on the hill. I don't want anymore private school AR qb's. The competition they face doesn't prepare them for big time football. Town comes from a football rich state and region, his practices were probably harder than some of our qb's actual games. He will make us forget the BA/AA era fast and that is a good thing. hopefully Town to JoJo and Reed become something we hear a lot.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on October 04, 2015, 08:02:52 pm
this will be our future QB. BB will succeed and be loved here or if Town doesn't shine it will be the nail in the coffin. He is far more talented than any qb we have on the hill. I don't want anymore private school AR qb's. The competition they face doesn't prepare them for big time football. Town comes from a football rich state and region, his practices were probably harder than some of our qb's actual games. He will make us forget the BA/AA era fast and that is a good thing. hopefully Town to JoJo and Reed become something we hear a lot.
Okay so you "don't want anymore private school AR qbs". Just curious though: to whom are you referring? Certainly none of our current QBs on campus comes from a private school, either in our out of state, at least that I'm aware. However, I DO know of one our current rbs from a Dallas (?) area private school by the initial of RW III that as a freshman appears to be rounding into being a pretty productive weapon. And with the injuries we've had at that position that's definitely a very good and fortunate thing.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: lefty08 on October 04, 2015, 05:30:09 pm
Anyone know who the big white guy Ricky kept throwing to is?  Looks like a TE possibly, and a damn good one

The TE signed with UGA

http://247sports.com/player/jackson-harris-29606