Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats the chance Cole Kelley decommits if we get Town?

Started by rangertaunton, August 20, 2015, 11:21:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rangertaunton

I'm going with 75%. That's a real logjam at the QB position if both come. May be a blessing in disguise though in opening up another spot to bring in another OL or LB or RB that I think we need in this class as opposed to having 5QB on roster next year
Mess with the boar,get the tusks!!!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Huds_HawgTide

I think better chance rafe or allen after spring if ricky and ty are over them
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

duckman

Zero unless LSU offers, but I would say the chances of a QB transferring are near 100%....

Wildhog

No one knows.  Just have to see how it all shakes out.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Bubba's Bruisers

Get Town, then let them weed themselves out.  It's healthy.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

jjdlc

I agree with most of the others, I don't see Kelley decommiting, but I definitely see some transfers.

AugustaHog

Yep, places like UGA and Bama always have 2nd and 3rd stringers who were blue chippers that wind up riding the pine.  In fact, both have had guys sit their entire careers until their RS SR seasons and go on to star for that lone season (Shockley and Sims).  This is what we are aiming for boys.  You can't have enough talent at QB.  It will all settle itself out.  If our coaches had complete confidence in every guy on campus, I don't think you would see us out looking for QBs like we have.

onebadrubi

IBleedRazorbackRed

He won't. Some guys may transfer out if a younger guy wins the job next year tho. Alabama has 5 highly recruited guys battling for the job right now, it's a good problem to have

scruf

You can't ever have enough competition at the QB position.

DenaoStyle

Common sense would say the potential addition of Town affects Storey more than it does Kelley.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: duckman on August 20, 2015, 11:31:27 am
Zero unless LSU offers, but I would say the chances of a QB transferring are near 100%....

I said zero because I didn't even think about that possibility

scruf

Quote from: DenaoStyle on August 20, 2015, 12:59:45 pm
Common sense would say the potential addition of Town affects Storey more than it does Kelley.
If towns and Kelley both make it to campus then I think one QB will transfer out and I highly doubt it will be Storey.

rangertaunton

I could honestly see Peavey looking elsewhere if Town gets in the mix. Would be interesting to see where he would go if he got released with the SEC conference being a transfer restriction.
Mess with the boar,get the tusks!!!

JackJohnson

Quote from: rangertaunton on August 20, 2015, 01:11:44 pm
I could honestly see Peavey looking elsewhere if Town gets in the mix. Would be interesting to see where he would go if he got released with the SEC conference being a transfer restriction.

I would imagine IF RP were to leave he would transfer to a JC to play his RS So season and then start the recruiting process over having 2 to play 2 at his next destination and being able to come in at Mid Term to compete in spring practice.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: scruf on August 20, 2015, 01:05:20 pm
If towns and Kelley both make it to campus then I think one QB will transfer out and I highly doubt it will be Storey.
it'll be Rafe. I wish him well. kid was all Hog even with the clown here.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ZERO

Quote from: scruf on August 20, 2015, 01:05:20 pm

I would think that if Towns transferred and made an immediate impact, Austin would be the one transferring. It would be too early for Peavey and Storey to be effected in any tangible way. And Kelley isn't even on campus yet, so I can't imagine a QB from a separate class having any bearing on him.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

scruf

HogFoo

Yes, id say there would be a transfer more likely than Kelley decommitting.   And, my guess is it would be RP.  The kid was all hog for a long time.  And, it wouldn't surprise me if he stayed even if he didn't get to play QB.  I cant see TS leaving at all. Nor can I see AA leaving since his pappy is still here.  He'd just stick it out.    With that said, having great QB competition is a good problem to have. it makes all of them better.  Put, me in that problem every year.  I wish we had that kind of problem at LB.  haha.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

It would cost AA and/or RP a yr of eligibility wouldn't it since both have redshirted?  If I'm right about that then I don't see either of them leaving. I can see TS doing it but he may think he can beat them all out or CK just not coming.  Depending on CK's other offers. 

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 20, 2015, 02:10:28 pm
No way to tell but a bird in the hand etc. etc.

agree but it gives us something else to consider and talk about over the next few days or weeks.  the season cant get here fast enough   :razorback:

hawgwash

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 20, 2015, 01:30:47 pm
it'll be Rafe. I wish him well. kid was all Hog even with the clown here.
It may well happen but it's a bit premature to talk about him in the past tense, no?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hawgwash on August 20, 2015, 02:33:44 pm
It may well happen but it's a bit premature to talk about him in the past tense, no?
didn't mean it like that. meant he stayed with his commit after petrino was canned and the clown was brought on. They may all stay, who knows?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hawginbigd1

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on August 20, 2015, 02:06:28 pm
It would cost AA and/or RP a yr of eligibility wouldn't it since both have redshirted?  If I'm right about that then I don't see either of them leaving. I can see TS doing it but he may think he can beat them all out or CK just not coming.  Depending on CK's other offers.
Probably drop down a level and be eligible right away. Say a UCA or some directional school.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 20, 2015, 03:14:36 pm
Probably drop down a level and be eligible right away. Say a UCA or some directional school.
yeah, that makes the most sense, especially if you are transferring  for playing time.
@Slackaveli

presidenthog

on BO'S show Mike irwin just said that  RP wont transfer apparently he loves it at arkansas. so if you believe that then maybe RP is fine just getting his degree and loving arkansas. we will see but maybe no one transfers, I doubt it but who knows. maybe they all just have an undying love of being a hog.

Danimal

Peavey might have enough speed/athleticism to move to another position and get some playing time. Just a thought.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: presidenthog on August 20, 2015, 04:19:28 pm
on BO'S show Mike irwin just said that  RP wont transfer apparently he loves it at arkansas. so if you believe that then maybe RP is fine just getting his degree and loving arkansas. we will see but maybe no one transfers, I doubt it but who knows. maybe they all just have an undying love of being a hog.
And Bo said this:  "Brandon Allen is OK.  He's a 5th year senior.  Austin Allen is OK.  Past Brandon Allen and Austin Allen they (coaches) are not sure" Fairly close quote. Inferring that the coaches are not confident in what they have past BA and AA.

I would guarantee Bo Mattingly would not make that statement without the blessing of the coaching staff.

hawgwash

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 20, 2015, 03:02:05 pm
didn't mean it like that. meant he stayed with his commit after petrino was canned and the clown was brought on. They may all stay, who knows?

Gotcha.  Thanks.

Tyro3

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on August 20, 2015, 05:01:19 pm
And Bo said this:  "Brandon Allen is OK.  He's a 5th year senior.  Austin Allen is OK.  Past Brandon Allen and Austin Allen they (coaches) are not sure" Fairly close quote. Inferring that the coaches are not confident in what they have past BA and AA.

I would guarantee Bo Mattingly would not make that statement without the blessing of the coaching staff.

Surely you jest.

duckman

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on August 20, 2015, 05:01:19 pm

Bo doesn't know what he will say one minute to the next.....

Hogforlife

Quote from: duckman on August 20, 2015, 05:39:00 pm
Aawww Bo can't hep it.      (Bo don't know)

AugustaHog

They have not really raved about RP or TS publicly that I'm aware of.  It will be interesting to see where this whole thing leads.  Obviously Ty has only been on campus since December so it would be pretty difficult to project what he will look like a year from now.

duckman

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 20, 2015, 11:59:13 am
somewhere between .01% and 99.99% 

I'm going to have to say you missed it by 1 tenth of a percent either way...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

jgphillips3

Cole has been recruited by Enos.  I think he will feel secure.  Rafe and AA can probably see the writing on the wall.  Ty, Cole or Ricky would be the future.

yraciv

I don't know who is the odd man out, but I'm 75% sure we won't go into next season with 5 QB.  I'd think Cole stays and someone leaves after spring depth chart is released.  Cole is headed for a RS anyways.

hawgfan4life

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 20, 2015, 11:59:13 am
somewhere between .01% and 99.99% 

I don't know what the odds are but I bet you are way off with those numbers.

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

Cinco de Hogo

Well I think he would make a great TE!

Sound of me running for the hills.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: rangertaunton on August 20, 2015, 11:21:52 am
I'm going with 75%. That's a real logjam at the QB position if both come. May be a blessing in disguise though in opening up another spot to bring in another OL or LB or RB that I think we need in this class as opposed to having 5QB on roster next year

Lets see what the current QBs do before we decide on current commitments.

QBs have to expect to compete with other studs.  They come thinking they can beat out the player above them.   We don't get that much here but at other schools they have QBs who are 3 and 4 deep that were all HS AA players. 

swinemaster

Getting Town is an obvious upgrade over Kelley.  And we need all the schollies we can get right now.  Might be a blessing if he does.

LJHOG

I seriously doubt he would commit elsewhere without giving it a shot for at least a year.  And frankly there would be no reason to go.  Towns was good in HS.  Kelly was too.  But, this ain't HS.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: duckman on August 20, 2015, 05:39:00 pm
Bo said almost the exact same thing about Allen/Allen vs. Peavey/Storey in each hour of the show.  Word for word.  It wasn't off the cuff.  It was scripted and it was put out there for a reason.  Bo is dependent on Clay Henry and Dudley Dawson having access.  He isn't going to throw something like that out without being very confident.

ricepig

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on August 21, 2015, 10:38:25 am
Bo said almost the exact same thing about Allen/Allen vs. Peavey/Storey in each hour of the show.  Word for word.  It wasn't off the cuff.  It was scripted and it was put out there for a reason.  Bo is dependent on Clay Henry and Dudley Dawson having access.  He isn't going to throw something like that out without being very confident.

Your last two sentences ruined anything you had said previously.

duckman

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on August 21, 2015, 10:38:25 am
Sure he would....

jjdlc

IMHO, the biggest question here is Ty Storey.  His eligibility and Town's lines up unless Storey plays this season.  After this season, if AA or RP doesn't step up, then it comes down to either Storey or Towns taking over, as a potential 4 year starter.  Even if that happens, and Kelley doesn't come in and beat them out, then he still has the potential to be the starter after they graduate.

Seebs

_________ is our best quarterback. _______ is our second best and will play is _______ gets hurt or struggles.

I care not who's names are listed - just get them right.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.