Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ricky Town

Started by Music City Hog, August 18, 2015, 07:55:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 18, 2015, 11:06:16 am
Watch this kid throw the ball and you will see what is uncommon about him.

Quick release, and cannon for an arm. Pro-style footwork already at an elite level.

I'm torn because I'd love to see Storey eventually be the guy here because I think he has amazing potential. But if he is good enough, he'll win the job, even over Town...if he comes.

I still think Florida is the team to beat for him though with the past recruiting connections with the staff

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 18, 2015, 11:15:22 am
Quick release, and cannon for an arm. Pro-style footwork already at an elite level.

I'm torn because I'd love to see Storey eventually be the guy here because I think he has amazing potential. But if he is good enough, he'll win the job, even over Town...if he comes.

I still think Florida is the team to beat for him though with the past recruiting connections with the staff

This could be the second QB transfer we lose to a previous connection.

But, to win get to the playoff here at Arkansas we must have an QB with elite arm talent. IMO.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on August 18, 2015, 10:58:25 am
More highly rated QBs > Fewer highly rated QBs.  They need to get him if they can.
+1 this made me laugh ;D Talk about your no-brainers.

Tusks

If CBB and Enos wants him then I hope they get him.

The hogs need Elite QB's if the want to win the SEC.  I hope BA is the first but I would like to see CBB win 3 in a row in the SEC :)))))
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hawginbigd1

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 18, 2015, 11:15:22 am

I agree Ice This sounds like a Florida get.

We have 2 elite QB's on campus. one has never lived up to his hype, and the other one we don't know about yet.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on August 18, 2015, 10:58:25 am
More highly rated QBs > Fewer highly rated QBs.  They need to get him if they can.

Hammer meets nail.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

carolinahogger

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 18, 2015, 09:05:41 am
Won't you take me to Ricky Town?

lol.  I'm glad I am not the only one.

bigdogbitting

Glad to see that the kid is considering Arkansas. Having said that what is more important is whether Arkansas is considering him. Coach B has this program on the right track with the right kids.
No compromises, no short cuts, and no problem children.
That's good enough for me.

Woooooo Piiiiiig

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: 31to6 on August 18, 2015, 10:55:06 am
I don't know that to be true. Ty and Ricky are almost identical in recruiting rankings and Ty may be under-rated for being from a small program and committing to Ark early. Rafe and Austin are both 4*s as well.

In my opinion you really are just guessing until a kid learns the system and tries to win the starting job. The NFL is littered with 3* QB's who beat out much higher rated guys for the starting position.

All of our QB's are very talented. Which one will seize the reigns after BA graduates remains to be seen (AA has the advantage of more time in the program, but I think the competition next year will be pretty wide open unless one of them separates dramatically during this season.)

Austin and Rafe were 4 stars in every recruiting site and overall there were around 290 to 350th best players in there class.

Ty Storey is the only one that comes close. But still his composite score overall was around 223 and Town comes in at 79 overall. Lowest being 127 overall in his respective class.

The_Iceman

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 18, 2015, 11:49:07 am
Austin and Rafe were 4 stars in every recruiting site and overall there were around 290 to 350th best players in there class.

Ty Storey is the only one that comes close. But still his composite score overall was around 223 and Town comes in at 79 overall. Lowest being 127 overall in his respective class.

You could take Ty Storey and put him at a big high school in Texas or California, and his rating would be much higher. Just the way it goes.

SpaCityHawg

Quote from: 31to6 on August 18, 2015, 10:39:39 am
Just about every great season at LSU has been with a Pro-style QB at the helm.

Which is why they almost exclusively recruit dual-threat QBs..... LOL

+1 this made me LOL

The Hogfather

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 18, 2015, 09:05:41 am
Won't you take me to Ricky Town?

Or

QuoteThe 6-foot-3, 206-pound Town was a U.S. Army All-American.

Michaelt

Was mentioned earlier, I'd like to have some information on why the young man is wanting to leave USC so soon?
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

Razorbacker79

Quote from: bigdogbitting on August 18, 2015, 11:38:59 am
Glad to see that the kid is considering Arkansas. Having said that what is more important is whether Arkansas is considering him. Coach B has this program on the right track with the right kids.
No compromises, no short cuts, and no problem children.
That's good enough for me.

Woooooo Piiiiiig
My thoughts as well.  It's great to have elite players and competition, but switching commitments twice in a year before ever playing a down sounds like he might not fit into the program.  Remains to be seen, but I'm sure Coach B and his recruiting staff will make that assessment.  If we don't get him I don't see it as a great loss.  I get the feeling that Story is going to be the man in the next couple of years.
Turn up that damn jukebox!!

Tim Harris

I'm all for adding more talent to our team but we never seem to land these kids when it gets brought up.

Tim Harris

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 18, 2015, 09:05:34 am
I just find it difficult to believe that 5 4-star QB's will stay on Arkansas's roster. Someone will have to go. Competition is competition though, so I guess it can only make us better. I wouldn't be surprised to see Town go to Florida tho, much easier job to win there.

Almost everyone has QBs transfer out.  They want playing time and sooner or later it is either your turn or someone younger has passed you by.  I don't see us being any different.

As far as Town I doubt it happens but would like for it to.  These transfer rumors never turn out true for us but if you can add another elite QB then I say we go for it.

AugustaHog

I don't know jack about the kid other than the offer list he has.  There is clearly ability there.  I'm not sure on the circumstances of his transfer, but if that checks out I'm all for bringing him in.  I appreciate the dedication that all of our QBs have shown (AA, Rafe, and Storey).  If there's any hard feelings about bringing someone else in, then they are in the wrong sport, in the wrong conference.  There is nothing wrong with seeking outstanding competition, especially at that spot.  If you want to be the guy, outuel everyone else on the depth chart.

WriterWrong

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 18, 2015, 11:30:04 am
We have 2 elite QB's on campus. one has never lived up to his hype, and the other one we don't know about yet.

Which QB has never lived up to his hype? Rafe? Are Rafe and Storey the elite QB's you're referring to? Or, is Austin one of them?

In my mind, we have three very capable QB's behind BA. All three have talent. It's just a battle to see who wins the spot when BA is gone. It could be any of them. I personally feel that it will be Storey, but they are all capable, which is why they're here.

Music City Hog

Quote from: WriterWrong on August 18, 2015, 12:56:49 pm
Which QB has never lived up to his hype? Rafe? Are Rafe and Storey the elite QB's you're referring to? Or, is Austin one of them?

In my mind, we have three very capable QB's behind BA. All three have talent. It's just a battle to see who wins the spot when BA is gone. It could be any of them. I personally feel that it will be Storey, but they are all capable, which is why they're here.

I'm not at practice and in the film rooms so I have no clue as to the readiness of our backups, however, it's pretty telling that this staff went after the Purdue transfer QB and now appear to be going after Ricky Town. 

RazorPiggie

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 18, 2015, 11:30:04 am
I agree Ice This sounds like a Florida get.

I guessing you are referring to a Redshirt Freshman in Rafe and a True Freshman in Ty?

There's a key word in there. I'll let you figure it out.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 18, 2015, 10:50:22 am
According to who?  I haven't really heard that about him.  I'm hoping he's an upgrade in OC, and he certainly can't be a worse recruiter than Chaney.  But I hadn't seen "best recruiter around" thrown about when discussing Enos.

In 2009 Dan was named one of the top 25 recruiters by Rivals at Michigan State. I wouldn't call him one of the best recruiters around but he is very good recruiter. CBB has even hinted at his passion for it in some interviews.

https://rivals100.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=909438

That being said Chaney had a good recruiting record before here. He did have a big hand in Storey committing. He landed Landing 5star Bryce Brown at UT (Kiffin helped as well).

And at Purdue as OC and RC

http://espn.go.com/recruiting/s/chaney.html

Hogarusa

Ridiculous that an elite program like USC would tell an athlete he cant transfer to programs like Arkansas St, Idaho, Utah St, and Western Michigan just because they are a future opponent.  USC will be at least 3 TD favorites in each of those.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

HogInFlorida

Quote from: Hoggish1 on August 18, 2015, 09:03:17 am
...and at FU he has a quicker path, almost immediate.

With Grier there? Not at all.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

IBleedRazorbackRed

At Florida, he has to wait a year and then unseat somebody that has been the starter for the whole year.

At arkansas, he sits a year and then has a legit chance to come in and compete for the starting job.

HogInFlorida

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on August 18, 2015, 01:54:13 pm
At Florida, he has to wait a year and then unseat somebody that has been the starter for the whole year.

At arkansas, he sits a year and then has a legit chance to come in and compete for the starting job.

Exactly. Arkansas is the path to playing time. Florida is the path to maybe taking the 2nd string spot from Treon Harris.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hogarusa on August 18, 2015, 01:47:58 pm
Ridiculous that an elite program like USC would tell an athlete he cant transfer to programs like Arkansas St, Idaho, Utah St, and Western Michigan just because they are a future opponent.  USC will be at least 3 TD favorites in each of those.

Currently -28.5 fav vs Arkansas st

wholehog92

If I'm transferring and burning a year of eligibility, I'd like to see what the product looks like on the field before I made my decision.  Fortunately for us, FL won't get that opportunity.  I'd love to have the kid in the mix, but I'm comfortable with what we have on campus from a talent standpoint.  icing on the cake so to speak.

My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Paul

Quote from: Hawgz2thewall on August 18, 2015, 08:36:54 am
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Two-SEC-contenders-for-Town-38801586

Florida and Arkansas.  Its interesting the random schools that he can not consider.  Curious if this has any weight to it?
it said in the article those schools are future opponents

DutchHog

Quote from: wholehog92 on August 18, 2015, 02:01:02 pm
If I'm transferring and burning a year of eligibility, I'd like to see what the product looks like on the field before I made my decision.  Fortunately for us, FL won't get that opportunity.  I'd love to have the kid in the mix, but I'm comfortable with what we have on campus from a talent standpoint.  icing on the cake so to speak.

Neither will we with Coach Enos. Florida can show him what they ran at Colorado State. Coach Enos can show him what he ran at CMU.

redeye

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 18, 2015, 09:05:34 am
I just find it difficult to believe that 5 4-star QB's will stay on Arkansas's roster. Someone will have to go. Competition is competition though, so I guess it can only make us better. I wouldn't be surprised to see Town go to Florida tho, much easier job to win there.

6 if you count Damon Mitchell.  Quarterback ratings have been notoriously unreliable, though.  Even when they are accurate, they still need to be a good fit the offense.  We have a lot of highly rated quarterbacks, but how many different OC's and HC's recruited them for their specific style?  I think it's a positive sign if Enos is looking for his guy, because it means that he knows what he wants and is proactively seeking it.

Town is probably transferring because he's already decided that USC isn't a good fit.  USC always has a good quarterback, but they go through QB recruits swiftly to find their guy.  It wouldn't surprise me if Town received hints that he wasn't USC's guy, but that doesn't mean he's not the guy for Arkansas or Florida.  Storey, Rafe or AA could all be better quarterbacks then Town, but just not work as well in Enos' system.  This is just a possibility and not something I'm privileged to know for sure.

An OC needs the right guy for his system, and as long as it's managed properly, competition at QB is always a good thing.  So if Enos wants Town to be an Arkansas QB, then so do I.  The starting QB position is supposed to be difficult to obtain and not just something you earn by committing to a team and waiting your turn.  Besides, USC owes us a QB.

31to6

Quote from: Hogarusa on August 18, 2015, 01:47:58 pm
I think they were just listed to not show disrespect and to show that the list was based in a rational policy and not just designed to make it difficult for him to find a school to transfer to.

"All are future opponents of the Trojans that don't suck" is funny, but might just not go over as well.....

Hoggard

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 18, 2015, 10:50:22 am
According to who?  I haven't really heard that about him.  I'm hoping he's an upgrade in OC, and he certainly can't be a worse recruiter than Chaney.  But I hadn't seen "best recruiter around" thrown about when discussing Enos.

What is it with SOME posters ? I mean really ? Is it just a case of I have never read about the top 25 recruiting awards from Michigan State ? Or is it just that you aren't impressed by having a coordinator who ranked in the top 25 in recruiting ? Or is it just that you weren't aware of those facts ?

Or maybe that just doesn't impress you ? It gets old to see so many posters always down on the Hogs. Dang this is a fan site. You can't even go into Jump Ball anymore. I guess MMQB is heading that way too. Unreal.
God is Love. Its as simple as that. It's the one fruit I can and WILL judge you by.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Hoggard on August 18, 2015, 03:36:47 pm
What is it with SOME posters ? I mean really ? Is it just a case of I have never read about the top 25 recruiting awards from Michigan State ? Or is it just that you aren't impressed by having a coordinator who ranked in the top 25 in recruiting ? Or is it just that you weren't aware of those facts ?

Or maybe that just doesn't impress you ? It gets old to see so many posters always down on the Hogs. Dang this is a fan site. You can't even go into Jump Ball anymore. I guess MMQB is heading that way too. Unreal.

I've never heard that. So it's a lie. And it's worthwhile that I post something saying I've never heard that.
[CENSORED]!

Hoggard

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 18, 2015, 03:40:10 pm
I've never heard that. So it's a lie. And it's worthwhile that I post something saying I've never heard that.

https://arkansas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1728049
God is Love. Its as simple as that. It's the one fruit I can and WILL judge you by.

Hoggard

As a recruiter

When Dantonio took over at Michigan State in 2007, the only coach he retained from the previous staff was Enos. Enos joined the Michigan State Staff the year before D'Antonio arrived under former head coach John L. Smith, who also served as interim head coach at Arkansas in 2012. D'Antonio moved him from quarterbacks coach to running backs coach in an effort to make room for him on the staff. It turned out to be a great move - especially regarding recruiting.

In 2009, Enos was named one of Rivals.com's Top-25 recruiters. That year at Michigan State with his main recruiting ground being Michigan, Enos was the primary recruiter for nine Michigan State commitments, including six 4-star recruits in running backs Edwin Baker and Larry Caper, wide receiver Donald Spencer, tight end Dion Sims and linebackers Jeremy Gainer and Chris Norman. In 2008, he brought in 10 recruits for Michigan State, including 4-star receiver Fred Smith.

- See more at: https://arkansas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1728049#sthash.5KuFbUGJ.dpuf

No its NOT a lie.

Biggus Piggus

Sorry. I left off the BRIGHT ORANGE CRAYON stating my comment was in sarcasm.
[CENSORED]!

Hoggard

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 18, 2015, 03:48:15 pm
Sorry. I left off the BRIGHT ORANGE CRAYON stating my comment was in sarcasm.

My bad. It just gets overwhelming to deal with people down on the Hogs here.

WarPig88

Quote from: Hoggard on August 18, 2015, 10:23:36 am
Coach Enos is widely considered one of the best recruiters around. We are about to find out how well he is going to recruit the QB position here. IF he can land a big time recruit like this the sky is the limit for our Hogs. I would like to see comp between him and Ty next year. Talk about winning the SEC. Devin White running the ball behind our massive offensive line and guys like Ty and Town battling it out for the QB position !!!!

Dang !!!!!  :razorback:

He has landed some kids, but qb hasn't been his specialty in that area so far.

Hoggard

Quote from: WarPig88 on August 18, 2015, 03:53:18 pm
He is? That's amazing considering he was a grad assistant for 2 years at Mich St and his only other D1 stop was at Cent Michigan.

I have no way of knowing if you are being sarcastic. So I'm just going to overlook your post. Since the only other option is you are dense or mentally retarded. I'm not going to insult someone that is handicapped or feed a troll. So good day sir.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Hoggard on August 18, 2015, 03:58:27 pm
I have no way of knowing if you are being sarcastic. So I'm just going to overlook your post. Since the only other option is you are dense or mentally retarded. I'm not going to insult someone that is handicapped or feed a troll. So good day sir.

Me no follow recruiting too gud.
[CENSORED]!

Wildhog

If he checks out with our coaches, then you absolutely take him.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hoggard

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 18, 2015, 04:03:43 pm
Me no follow recruiting too gud.

Thanks for the laugh Biggus. I hope you guys don't let it get bad in the recruiting forum.

redeye

Quote from: Hoggard on August 18, 2015, 03:45:32 pm
As a recruiter

When Dantonio took over at Michigan State in 2007, the only coach he retained from the previous staff was Enos. Enos joined the Michigan State Staff the year before D'Antonio arrived under former head coach John L. Smith, who also served as interim head coach at Arkansas in 2012. D'Antonio moved him from quarterbacks coach to running backs coach in an effort to make room for him on the staff. It turned out to be a great move - especially regarding recruiting.

In 2009, Enos was named one of Rivals.com's Top-25 recruiters. That year at Michigan State with his main recruiting ground being Michigan, Enos was the primary recruiter for nine Michigan State commitments, including six 4-star recruits in running backs Edwin Baker and Larry Caper, wide receiver Donald Spencer, tight end Dion Sims and linebackers Jeremy Gainer and Chris Norman. In 2008, he brought in 10 recruits for Michigan State, including 4-star receiver Fred Smith.

- See more at: https://arkansas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1728049#sthash.5KuFbUGJ.dpuf

No its NOT a lie.

Ack!  So he was hired by Smiley?  Then again, so was Bobby Petrino and he knew a little about teaching quarterbacks and coordinating offenses.

It is impressive that he recruited well for MSU, but it's important to note that he did it inside Michigan.  It's like Barry Lunney being named a top recruiter for signing all those great Arkansas kids last year or Tim Horton for signing so many great Alabama recruits for Auburn.  Recruiters who handle instate duties have a huge advantage.  It's still impressive, though.

PorkRinds

August 18, 2015, 04:17:49 pm #93 Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 11:02:07 pm by PorkRinds

Hoggard

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 18, 2015, 04:17:49 pm
You could stop being a gaping gash about it.  I asked because I had never heard that. Never said it wasn't true. Never said it wasn't factual. I asked because I had not read anything about his recruiting prowess.  Never heard of him being an ace recruiter.  The better way to answer would have been "oh yeah, he's been great at recruiting. Here is a link where you can read about it".  Instead you whine and cry like a little girl. Take that crap elsewhere.  I'm no negative Nellie, as can be seen by my post history. So stop  being a prick.

Why assume I'm lying about our coaches ability to recruit in the first place ? If you aren't negative good for you. I don't sift through everyones post to determine if they have an attitude problem. I come here to read up on the Hogs. Not to hear a bunch of negative garbage. If I'm a prick its because it gets old. Its hard to read though a single thread without someone spewing anti Razorback garbage. So whatever our differences I'd prefer that this thread go back to being about a young mans potential to be a razorback.

I apologize for suggesting that our OC is a really good recruiter. Good day.

hawgXi

Quote from: RazorPiggie on August 18, 2015, 09:33:38 am
Too good to be true. Won't happen. Never does with us haha.

remember ryan mallett

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hoggard on August 18, 2015, 04:30:27 pm
Why assume I'm lying about our coaches ability to recruit in the first place ? If you aren't negative good for you. I don't sift through everyones post to determine if they have an attitude problem. I come here to read up on the Hogs. Not to hear a bunch of negative garbage. If I'm a prick its because it gets old. Its hard to read though a single thread without someone spewing anti Razorback garbage. So whatever our differences I'd prefer that this thread go back to being about a young mans potential to be a razorback.

I apologize for suggesting that our OC is a really good recruiter. Good day.

I didn't once say anything about you lying. I asked according to who. A 24/7 link to his ranking would have ended it. Instead you invent an insult and act like I am downing the hogs.  Maybe you should check post history before you accuse someone of talking bad about the hogs or act as if I'm just here to be negative. I asked you a question. Instead of an answer you acted like a petulant child. So next time if you want it to stay on topic, then answer the question that was asked about the topic instead of trying to make some sort of point about how Hogville operates and acting like you're some super fan on a high horse.

PorkRinds

With that said, competition at the QB spot is something I'll never complain about. Bring him on.

Hoggard

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 18, 2015, 04:35:58 pm
I didn't once say anything about you lying. I asked according to who. A 24/7 link to his ranking would have ended it. Instead you invent an insult and act like I am downing the hogs.  Maybe you should check post history before you accuse someone of talking bad about the hogs or act as if I'm just here to be negative. I asked you a question. Instead of an answer you acted like a petulant child. So next time if you want it to stay on topic, then answer the question that was asked about the topic instead of trying to make some sort of point about how Hogville operates and acting like you're some super fan on a high horse.

Almost 14,000 post on this site and you have NEVER read one single article about Coach Dan Enos ? Really ? Is that it ? Or maybe you just missed the article about his abilities as a recruiter ? Maybe I should read up on your post history before I decide if you are being negative. I'll figure out how to do that and get back to you with what I find.

hawgXi

Quote from: Hoggard on August 18, 2015, 04:44:24 pm
Almost 14,000 post on this site and you have NEVER read one single article about Coach Dan Enos ? Really ? Is that it ? Or maybe you just missed the article about his abilities as a recruiter ? Maybe I should read up on your post history before I decide if you are being negative. I'll figure out how to do that and get back to you with what I find.

you've done a great job posting interesting factual information with good sources!

keep it up.

maybe others will benefit?