Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ricky Town

Started by Music City Hog, August 18, 2015, 07:55:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Music City Hog

Quote from: HogWall Jackson on August 19, 2015, 06:22:05 am
If he wants to come here and compete that is one thing, but I wouldn't put on the Dog to go out and get him. Projects like this usually run less than a 50% success rate. I wish the kid the best and hope he gets it right this time.

He's not coming to Arkansas, but regardless, why do you think he's a project?   He was one of the most highly recruited QBs in the nation last year.   He picked a school that turned out to not be a fit, that happens.   He's a true freshman a week I to his first year.  It's no difference at this point then if we signed him and was here like Ty Storey.  He no more of a project than any freshman. 

HogWall Jackson

Quote from: Music City Hog on August 19, 2015, 06:32:11 am
He's not coming to Arkansas, but regardless, why do you think he's a project?   He was one of the most highly recruited QBs in the nation last year.   He picked a school that turned out to not be a fit, that happens.   He's a true freshman a week I to his first year.  It's no difference at this point then if we signed him and was here like Ty Storey.  He no more of a project than any freshman.

Music City, it is now all about HIM looking for a school who will pursue him like he was pursued in his original recruiting process. I look at him as a kid that either just made a poor decision to go to USC or a kid that expected an easier path because of his rating. It is not too difficult to understand what Steve Sarkasian's Offense is about. It is not a straight up Pro-Style Offense. I am just not a man that would be all in on this one. I still wish this young man the very best even if he should decide to come here and  compete with  AA, Ty Storey and Rafe Peavy for the future QB position.

JoeyCapital

Quote from: racinghog on August 18, 2015, 10:26:41 pm
there was another that wound up at another SEC school. Enos is not enamored with the kids on campus and is trying to find a bridge until his kid gets to campus.
Sorry if I missed your bonafides, but do you care to elaborate a bit on how you know that to be true?
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

East TN HAWG

If we get him, USC debt will be paid in full.  We gave them Mitch and Damien, and not they could return the favor with Broderick and Ricky.   

hawgXi

Quote from: Hoggard on August 19, 2015, 12:00:53 am
Pork I apologize for assuming that you were being negative. And I owe the board an apology for derailing this thread. I really don't know everyone here very well yet. And yeah I was being bitchy. I just don't have a lot of patience for trolling or for all the negative stuff. CBB is really building something we haven't had here and its something that , as a fan , I'm very proud of. I know you weren't being negative Pork.

I'll read more and post less. And hope that things stay positive. (not referring to you Pork)

:razorback: :razorback:

don't take it too seriously, Hoggard.

seems like some of the old heads had to run you through the belt line to prop their post count up?

good thing reggie herring's not posting on here. he would have changed your font color to pink.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hoggard on August 19, 2015, 12:00:53 am
Pork I apologize for assuming that you were being negative. And I owe the board an apology for derailing this thread. I really don't know everyone here very well yet. And yeah I was being bitchy. I just don't have a lot of patience for trolling or for all the negative stuff. CBB is really building something we haven't had here and its something that , as a fan , I'm very proud of. I know you weren't being negative Pork.

I'll read more and post less. And hope that things stay positive. (not referring to you Pork)

:razorback: :razorback:

No worries dude.  And I erased my original comment because it was over the line.  There are plenty of negative posters around here.  My apologies as well.  No need to get worked up like I did.  I've been down in the dumps with a back injury, so I've had a quick temper lately.  Anyway, again, no worries. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on August 18, 2015, 08:00:22 pm
Has Barry Odom??

Just so you don't feel alone, I got this.  Haha.

RWQ

Isn't Ricky Town the guy on Rush Hour who killed Jackie Chan's father?
U of A Grad December 1989

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: RWQ on August 19, 2015, 09:48:43 am
Isn't Ricky Town the guy on Rush Hour who killed Jackie Chan's father?

Pretty sure that was Ricky Tan

The_Iceman

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 19, 2015, 10:10:30 am
Pretty sure that was Ricky Tan

Ricky!.....Car-tar!....Ricky!.....Car-tar!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 19, 2015, 09:12:30 am
http://gatorbytes.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2015/08/17/will-former-usc-qb-ricky-town-transfer-to-florida/

His HS coach thinks the love for the FL OC is alittle overstated.
Yeah, the poor lil ole arkie posters heard florida connected with Rick and they just conceded the defeat, as they are prone to do.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Enos is the only coach or person that he accepted on Twitter..  He now has about 30 new hog friends tho  ;)

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on August 19, 2015, 11:23:36 am
Enos is the only coach or person that he accepted on Twitter..  He now has about 30 new hog friends tho  ;)
Kid is gonna be a Hog. What would our revised recruiting ranking be with the number 50 overall player added to the list? #jewelloftheclass
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Uncommon

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 19, 2015, 11:25:31 am
Kid is gonna be a Hog. What would our revised recruiting ranking be with the number 50 overall player added to the list? #jewelloftheclass
Consensus Top 20

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

I say take a chance.  It's obvious that the coaches don't think too highly of the AA, RP, and TS.  Maybe it is just a lack of experience with the first 2 mentioned.  I say that b/c CBB has stated several times that BA is head and shoulders better than any qb we have on campus.  I am a fan of BA and think he has matured a lot since his soph season but to say he is head and shoulders over anyone makes me wonder.

Wildhog

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on August 19, 2015, 11:41:58 am
I say take a chance.  It's obvious that the coaches don't think too highly of the AA, RP, and TS.  Maybe it is just a lack of experience with the first 2 mentioned.  I say that b/c CBB has stated several times that BA is head and shoulders better than any qb we have on campus.  I am a fan of BA and think he has matured a lot since his soph season but to say he is head and shoulders over anyone makes me wonder.

I don't know about Storey, but it certainly looks like they don't have much confidence in AA or RP. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

WorfHog

If he wants to be a Hog and the coaches want him that's great.  I think he'll find the competition here pretty stout too.

Uncommon

Quote from: WorfHog on August 19, 2015, 12:00:46 pm
If he wants to be a Hog and the coaches want him that's great.  I think he'll find the competition here pretty stout too.
You need to remove Brandon Allen from that list.  He wouldn't be competing with him since he'll have to redshirt this season.

duckman

Quote from: WorfHog on August 19, 2015, 12:00:46 pm

The pic you posted is the reason we jump on this and get him at all cost.  Kid is a player, I fully expect one of our QB's to leave after the season regardless...

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: duckman on August 19, 2015, 12:07:02 pm
The pic you posted is the reason we jump on this and get him at all cost.  Kid is a player, I fully expect one of our QB's to leave after the season regardless...
I think you are right.  Maybe two. Especially if Ricky CDs and we so sign the qb that is currently committed

Dwight_K_Shrute

I didn't read all 4 pages.  So sorry if this has already been mentioned, but if the guy does sign here it gives us a little bump in publicity during an otherwise slow period.  Any time you get mentions is a good thing and if a kid this highly rated chooses Arkansas it may get others attention as well. As long as he's not a cancer or attention w**** why not add him.  Quality QB depth is a good problem to have
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

WriterWrong

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 19, 2015, 12:32:08 pm
I didn't read all 4 pages.  So sorry if this has already been mentioned, but if the guy does sign here it gives us a little bump in publicity during an otherwise slow period.  Any time you get mentions is a good thing and if a kid this highly rated chooses Arkansas it may get others attention as well. As long as he's not a cancer or attention w**** why not add him.  Quality QB depth is a good problem to have

Agreed. Any time a highly rated QB leaves USC to go elsewhere, it's only going to give the school he goes to some added attention. There's no bad outcome to him coming here. If one of our current QB's decides to leave, he probably wasn't going to be seeing the field anyway. If you've got multiple 4* QB's battling for the starting job, you're in a pretty good spot.

TDHawgs

I don't think Bielema is scared to bring in a transfer, I mean he did pretty good with Russell Wilson right? 

Anyway, the coaches know what we have and what we need, just makes you think that they really aren't confident in Austin or Rafe though if they have contacted Ricky at all.

DCimport

247 I think would bring us up to 231.18 which would jump us to 21st

Philip Seaton

I think a lot of this back-and-forth is silly to be honest with you.

The facts are is Town is leaving USC. A story links him to Florida and Arkansas. In the past 24 hours, he has added Dan Enos on his Twitter account. The only coach he has added. So there is interest from Arkansas or least communication. Otherwise everything is conjuncture.

As far as Brandon Allen -- I like him and think he can do a good job. As far as Austin Allen -- I like him and think he can do a good job. As far as Rafe Peavey -- I like him and think he can do a good job. As far as Ty Storey -- I like him and think he can do a good job. As one can see by recent events, you are one play away from losing a starter. If recent memory servers those correctly, you are three or four plays away from having to go to the intramural field to find a quarterback. As far as Town, I would LOVE to get him. Doesn't mean I think any less of the rest, it just means the more the merrier. What Dan Enos thinks of the other quarterbacks? I think only a select few know what he thinks, and I am pretty sure none of them post on Hogville. Look, coaches are constantly looking at improving their team. Doesn't mean anything more than that.

You have an opportunity to go out a quarterback of this nature, you get him. Why? Competition. Competition makes everyone else better. If others that are battling for quarterback positioning are worried about competing, then do you honestly want him leading your team? Competition will sort things out.

So like I said, I would love to have myself, and I do at least believe that is their some communication taking place. This is going to have to be quick for Town btw, because he only has a few-week window unless he takes something of a greyshirt, which is possible too. So who knows?

presidenthog

I think faith for AA and RP is lacking. the way it feels also is that storey is not as far along as they would like or not going to be ready in a year or Enos is not impressed with him physically. if you notice the guys we are on now are tall with very big arms. we will see how this plays out but I am for taking him. I was pulling for storey to be the guy but I want as much competition as possible and I want the best guy starting.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Philip Seaton on August 19, 2015, 01:22:38 pm
I think a lot of this back-and-forth is silly to be honest with you.

The facts are is Town is leaving USC. A story links him to Florida and Arkansas. In the past 24 hours, he has added Dan Enos on his Twitter account. The only coach he has added. So there is interest from Arkansas or least communication. Otherwise everything is conjuncture.

As far as Brandon Allen -- I like him and think he can do a good job. As far as Austin Allen -- I like him and think he can do a good job. As far as Rafe Peavey -- I like him and think he can do a good job. As far as Ty Storey -- I like him and think he can do a good job. As one can see by recent events, you are one play away from losing a starter. If recent memory servers those correctly, you are three or four plays away from having to go to the intramural field to find a quarterback. As far as Town, I would LOVE to get him. Doesn't mean I think any less of the rest, it just means the more the merrier. What Dan Enos thinks of the other quarterbacks? I think only a select few know what he thinks, and I am pretty sure none of them post on Hogville. Look, coaches are constantly looking at improving their team. Doesn't mean anything more than that.

You have an opportunity to go out a quarterback of this nature, you get him. Why? Competition. Competition makes everyone else better. If others that are battling for quarterback positioning are worried about competing, then do you honestly want him leading your team? Competition will sort things out.

So like I said, I would love to have myself, and I do at least believe that is their some communication taking place. This is going to have to be quick for Town btw, because he only has a few-week window unless he takes something of a greyshirt, which is possible too. So who knows?

I'm thinking conjecture.  ;D

pfrg999

Quote from: East TN HAWG on August 19, 2015, 07:26:17 am
If we get him, USC debt will be paid in full.  We gave them Mitch and Damien, and not they could return the favor with Broderick and Ricky.   

The USC Debt..That cracks me up.....But I thought we repaid that by giving up like 14,000 points to them during the Nutthouse years...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

racinghog

Quote from: golf2day on August 19, 2015, 06:59:36 am
Sorry if I missed your bonafides, but do you care to elaborate a bit on how you know that to be true?
Okay I have two former players currently on NFL rosters, 4 former NFL players, 2 at Wisky,1 at FSU, 2 at Georgia (hint, hint), and several at smaller schools including jucos. Asking some questions and gauging a response on each of the QB's on the roster leads me to believe what I wrote. 

31to6

Using the 247 class calculator for 2015, our class would have jumped to #21 adding Town (score of 231.18, just below #20 AZ State at 231.70).

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Music City Hog on August 18, 2015, 11:03:40 am
I'd love to have him, but I don't see how it can't be Florida:

Florida – Doug Nussmeier was the coach that won Town's initial commitment to Alabama before he left for Michigan. Had Nussmeier stayed, Town likely would have never landed at USC. Now Nussmeier is at Florida, a school in desperate need of sound quarterback play in a decidedly pro-style system. One quarterback on campus is an option guy (Treon Harris), the other is unproven (Will Grier). Two Florida commitments in 2017 and 2016 have virtually no combined varsity starting experience. Town to Florida makes all kinds of sense.

Sometimes people just want a fresh start. In this case, it may very well be what Arkansas offers in #uncommonality that is the right spark...

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: DCimport on August 19, 2015, 01:17:31 pm
247 I think would bring us up to 231.18 which would jump us to 21st
not bad
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: presidenthog on August 19, 2015, 01:23:08 pm
I think faith for AA and RP is lacking. the way it feels also is that storey is not as far along as they would like or not going to be ready in a year or Enos is not impressed with him physically. if you notice the guys we are on now are tall with very big arms. we will see how this plays out but I am for taking him. I was pulling for storey to be the guy but I want as much competition as possible and I want the best guy starting.
because the fact of the matter is in this style we don't need a QB who can "make all the throws" if his deep ball is suspect. We need a gunslinger with a DIRTY deep ball and our offense becomes way more potent. Hence, imo, all the QB targets being giants with cannons.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 31to6 on August 19, 2015, 03:08:06 pm
Using the 247 class calculator for 2015, our class would have jumped to #21 adding Town (score of 231.18, just below #20 AZ State at 231.70).
nice, thanks
@Slackaveli

WorfHog

August 19, 2015, 03:59:10 pm #185 Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 06:37:46 pm by WorfHog
Quote from: duckman on August 19, 2015, 12:07:02 pm

I agree, but how much difference is there between the 6th and 9th ranked PRO-Style back.  Again if the coaches like him and we likes us then all is well.

Quote from: Uncommon on August 19, 2015, 12:05:32 pm
You need to remove Brandon Allen from that list.  He wouldn't be competing with him since he'll have to redshirt this season.

I left BA on there for comparison.

zane

Quote from: pfrg999 on August 19, 2015, 02:18:45 pm
The USC Debt..That cracks me up.....But I thought we repaid that by giving up like 14,000 points to them during the Nutthouse years...

Actually 14,007

They just scored again
RIP LSUfan

WooPig90

If he isnt eligible to play this season, Im confused why some of those teams are blocked for him to go to

JoeyCapital

Quote from: WooPig90 on August 19, 2015, 04:25:06 pm
If he isnt eligible to play this season, Im confused why some of those teams are blocked for him to go to
He probably knows a little bit of the USC playbook.  If he went to Astate I would bet the DC would have him living in his house
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

HogInFlorida

Quote from: WooPig90 on August 19, 2015, 04:25:06 pm

He could tip off the defense by watching the other sideline and telling the playcall.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

redeye

Quote from: racinghog on August 19, 2015, 02:28:56 pm
Okay I have two former players currently on NFL rosters, 4 former NFL players, 2 at Wisky,1 at FSU, 2 at Georgia (hint, hint), and several at smaller schools including jucos. Asking some questions and gauging a response on each of the QB's on the roster leads me to believe what I wrote.

I assume you're talking about Greyson Lambert or Jacob Park.

I'm just not worried about what happens here.  We have plenty of quarterbacks that should at least be decent.  If Enos thinks he can find someone better for his system, then that's good.  If not, then we should be fine with what we have.

deedster84

Well, he is on campus now and will be attending practice tonight.

Bo Mattingly ‏@SportsTalkwBo 11m11 minutes ago

Recruiting Update: Multiple sources say USC QB transfer Ricky Town is on Arkansas campus for a visit and will be at practice tonight.

Music City Hog

Quote from: deedster84 on August 19, 2015, 06:27:55 pm

Recruiting Update: Multiple sources say USC QB transfer Ricky Town is on Arkansas campus for a visit and will be at practice tonight.

Nice

WorfHog

This is moving quickly...

longtimeHogfan

KNWA's Aaron Peters says Mr. Town was present during the Razorbacks practice today on an unofficial visit.  Depending on which rating you follow he's either a 4 or 5-star QB.  Pretty highly prized recruit by SC-west.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Biggus Piggus

See recruiting board....already posted there.
[CENSORED]!

Dirty

Oh! My!

deedster84

UA class starts Monday. They say he wants to have a decision by end of the weekend.

acepoker

Wow that was fast!  If true, I am liking our odds now.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 19, 2015, 06:43:19 pm
See recruiting board....already posted there.

Oops.  Delete please.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.