Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ben Brasuell

Started by scooby21322, August 14, 2015, 10:56:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scooby21322

RD tweeted that Ben Brasuell (LB) of Benton is visiting this weekend.  I can't find a 247 page and ESPN hasn't ranked him.  Does anyone have info on this player?

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

uknowhy

He's a 2016 player.  He has good size...I'll estimate 6'2 220.  I don't know about his timed speed, but he plays fast.  I would guess in the 4.7 range in the 40.  He certainly has a nose for the ball as an outside linebacker.  He is an all-around good athlete...he played on the baseball team as well.

Wildhog

At the Dallas Nike combine, he measured in at 6'1", 218 lbs, and ran a 4.81
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

JackJohnson

Quote from: Wildhog on August 14, 2015, 12:07:40 pm
At the Dallas Nike combine, he measured in at 6'1", 218 lbs, and ran a 4.81

Not a bad consulation prize for Donta Evans and Carmouche...as a matter of fact he is bigger then JC and faster then DE and this kid wants to be a hog so I would rather have him anyways

scruf

Before the "too slow" crowd chimes in, 4.81 is a pretty good laser time for a junior in HS. That time is actually already faster than three of the OLB at the 2014 NFL combine and faster than about half of the ILB, including former Badger Chris Borland, who was a pretty good college LB. :razorback:

scruf

Hogberry Snortcake

Pretty good video for a guy I'd never heard about before.  WPS

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: scruf on August 15, 2015, 03:39:52 am
He looks very natural in coverage.

Damn good tackler too...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

LJHOG

Quote from: JackJohnson on August 14, 2015, 12:57:51 pm
Not a bad consulation prize for Donta Evans and Carmouche...as a matter of fact he is bigger then JC and faster then DE and this kid wants to be a hog so I would rather have him anyways
great spin

SemperFi

Quote from: JackJohnson on August 14, 2015, 12:57:51 pm

Please, explain....I'm really out of the loop and haven't heard and I guess I've missed what was said about Evans and Carmouche. Thanks in advance.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Pig in the Pokey

August 15, 2015, 01:36:38 pm #12 Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 01:51:18 pm by Pig in the Pokey
Quote from: LJHOG on August 15, 2015, 11:13:05 am
great spin
spin? yes, great? no. Kid's likely a walk-on and that's not a slight, would be happy to have him, but i don't think he gets one of those last precious few schollies. i almost would bet he won't.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

scruf

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 15, 2015, 01:36:38 pm
spin? yes, great? no. Kid's likely a walk-on and that's not a slight, would be happy to have him, but i don't think he gets one of those last precious few schollies. i almost would bet he won't.

I agree. Arkansas would have to miss a couple of prospects who are higher up on their board and Ben would need to have a great senior season.

blu

You guys are just speculating - he may be next on their board. If they offer, he could turn out to be another Brooks Ellis type player.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

ricepig

Quote from: blu on August 15, 2015, 02:38:37 pm
You guys are just speculating - he may be next on their board. If they offer, he could turn out to be another Brooks Ellis type player.

Anything's possible, but the other is probable.

blu

I'd take CBB's eval over any of ours, sorry.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

ricepig

Quote from: blu on August 15, 2015, 06:08:45 pm
I'd take CBB's eval over any of ours, sorry.

So would most of us.

SoCal Hog

Is he related to former Razorback Jackie Brasuell?
Most of our friends agree that I married better than my wife did.

WaltonCollege

perhaps a walk on or late offer if we can't get a few others higher on our board

Boll Hawg

Ben's a great kid.  I love to hear that he's getting some looks from D1 teams.  Benton is going to have a heckuva defense this year. 
Father, Husband, Teacher, Veteran

Fighting Farmer

Yes, Ben is a relative of Jackie Brasuell. His dad's uncle, I believe.

Biggus Piggus

Ben committed to walk on at the University of Arkansas.
[CENSORED]!

hogs dont cry

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 24, 2016, 03:04:50 pm
Ben committed to walk on at the University of Arkansas.

Fantastic!  This walk-on class will make a major impact on our program before it's finished.  A lot of these guys would've received offers not so long ago.  That said, I hope every one of them have a full ride soon.

No greater Razorback than one who basically pays for the honor

SamBuckhart

Welcome Mr. Brasuell. Go Hogs!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Boll Hawg

This is a GREAT pick-up for Arkansas.  He'll be a preferred walk-on.  He'd been getting serious looks from Army & Navy.  Glad he's decided to stay here.  Give him a year or so and we'll be hearing his name a LOT.  I have no doubt he'll earn a scholarship. 
Father, Husband, Teacher, Veteran

Arkiebarkie

Boy he looks good on tape, he may be a good player in our system. Put his butt on the down field KO team, sure tackler.

ballhogger

This kid reminds me of Brooks Ellis.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Boll Hawg on January 25, 2016, 08:32:56 am
This is a GREAT pick-up for Arkansas.  He'll be a preferred walk-on.  He'd been getting serious looks from Army & Navy.  Glad he's decided to stay here.  Give him a year or so and we'll be hearing his name a LOT.  I have no doubt he'll earn a scholarship.
Glad to have him!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli