Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spreadsheet

Started by ArkanSWAG, June 19, 2015, 10:15:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ArkanSWAG

I spent a bit today putting together what I think is a pretty neat spreadsheet with sort-able tables, a few different distinguishing pages, and some other fun tools to follow this year's recruiting class. It's not the best thing in the whole world, but is kind of something I've wanted before, just to track, and keep up my running wishlist, and commitment list.

If you want it, PM me, and we will figure out how to get it to you.

Disclaimer: The list of offers and associated players isn't exhaustive, just the 50ish that I've heard the most about.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

WorfHog

Get it on google docs man!

WildRazorback

Quote from: WorfHog on June 19, 2015, 11:03:29 pm

This. You can upload it for all Hog fans to view and download. You can update it as often as you like. I know that would be pretty great for all of us on the recruiting forum. I know that many of us, including myself, would love to have an easier way to keep up with our prospects. So I commend you on the great work! WPS

ArkanSWAG

Quote from: WorfHog on June 19, 2015, 11:03:29 pm

Here is the link!! I lost a little bit of the cool functions that I had in MS Excel - Google Docs doesn't have a slicer feature that I can find.

I made it so that anyone with the link can view, and comment. If need be, or if one of the mods wants to help out, I'll give access to people that want to add to, but to give everyone editing privileges could be a nightmare.

Anyway, here's the link!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dDeJCbrI24KKnL5gRX-4YwkJqOD7U8D2OT6wNasJigA/edit?usp=sharing

I will update this more, I just wanted to give a decent starting point!

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: ArkanSWAG on June 20, 2015, 10:53:56 am
Here is the link!! I lost a little bit of the cool functions that I had in MS Excel - Google Docs doesn't have a slicer feature that I can find.

I made it so that anyone with the link can view, and comment. If need be, or if one of the mods wants to help out, I'll give access to people that want to add to, but to give everyone editing privileges could be a nightmare.

Anyway, here's the link!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dDeJCbrI24KKnL5gRX-4YwkJqOD7U8D2OT6wNasJigA/edit?usp=sharing

Great job man, much appreciated! Many +1's to you.

Wooo Pig! :razorback:

Hog N Bama

Hawgzinbowlz

Good work ArkanSWAG.

We're hitting Texas hard, then Florida, Arkansas, Louisiana, Georgia and then scattered out...Interesting.

" GO HOGS "

ArkanSWAG

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on June 21, 2015, 10:08:45 am
Good work ArkanSWAG.

We're hitting Texas hard, then Florida, Arkansas, Louisiana, Georgia and then scattered out...Interesting.

" GO HOGS "

There are a lot of other offers/states to put on there, I just haven't gotten to it yet. If I have the time in between grad school and my internship, I hope to get all of the reported offer I can find on there.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: ArkanSWAG on June 21, 2015, 12:58:40 pm
There are a lot of other offers/states to put on there, I just haven't gotten to it yet. If I have the time in between grad school and my internship, I hope to get all of the reported offer I can find on there.
We appreciate all of this that you do. My daughter walked for her Ph.D in December and my son walked for his Bachelor's in May and is headed to grad school, and they were involved with internships etc. etc.
Again, this is good information and hats off to you and your 'busy' schedule.

" GO HOGS "

ArkanSWAG

Little bit of spreadsheet maintenance done for more fluid sorting by state, etc.

Any suggestions on major prospects I'm missing would be nice.

Thinking about reaching out to some users for a "celebrity" wishlist on players. Feel free to post your wishlist here.

Shrevepork

Anyway, here's the link!

Shrevepork

Isn't Marrero in Louisiana?

ArkanSWAG

Quote from: Shrevepork on June 23, 2015, 05:54:17 pm
Isn't Marrero in Louisiana?

You're a genius, and I am a dummy.

Fixed.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Finally someone put spreadsheets to good use.

I have a suggestion on your tabs such as Offers & Wish List it looks like they include the commits.  How about a column after their stars that says "Commit" and just have a Y or N in the column to indicate if they have committed yet that way it's easy to see who has committed when looking at the master list.

Overall great job.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Laughing Hog

Very nice job, now we need the mods to sticky the link
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

ArkanSWAG

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on June 23, 2015, 06:31:52 pm
Finally someone put spreadsheets to good use.

I have a suggestion on your tabs such as Offers & Wish List it looks like they include the commits.  How about a column after their stars that says "Commit" and just have a Y or N in the column to indicate if they have committed yet that way it's easy to see who has committed when looking at the master list.

Overall great job.

DONE

ArkanSWAG

Added Heinrich commitment! WPS

SkeeterHawg

Check your messages Swag

ArkanSWAG

Updated the wishlist after hearing some names I thought we were out of the race on report on us.

What are YOUR wishes/wants for this class?

greenie

Need to add Grayson Gunter commitment

ArkanSWAG

He's on there! I checked, and filled in the "Y" for the commit box on the Wishlist sheet. Thanks for point that out!

hawgXi

Anyway, here's the link!

great job ArkanSWAG!

ArkanSWAG

Updated for Deon Edwards commit!

hawgXi

Quote from: ArkanSWAG on August 04, 2015, 11:36:58 am
Updated for Deon Edwards commit!

added a couple more prospects & I've been adding ht, wt, 40 to it.
bout half done.
will send it to you when completed

hawgXi

Quote from: ArkanSWAG on July 10, 2015, 12:04:42 pm
He's on there! I checked, and filled in the "Y" for the commit box on the Wishlist sheet. Thanks for point that out!

check your PM, SWAG.

ArkanSWAG

Added height/weight/40 measurements to the spreadsheet, and a couple more players. Big thanks to hawgXI for providing the information - I haven't had much time lately to handle that project.

Hog Nutt

The spread won't work in the SEC.

hawgXi

thanx again, arkanSWAG.

your spread sheet makes it a lot easier for me to see why one prospect might be more of the "ideal candidate" CBB & staff is looking for.

of course there is no way to measure "heart' or "character of the uncommon man" on the spreadsheet, but it is easier to see that bigger & faster guys may be more desirable than smaller slower??

stars indicate relative talent

one can definitely get a better idea of the prospect profile the staff is looking for at each position.

SkeeterHawg

Your inbox is full Swag, I made some changes to the spreadsheet and wanted to send it to you.  Drop me your email and I will forward a copy.

SkeeterHawg

I made some changes to the spreadsheet, thank you ArkanSWAG for the permissions.  Let me know what you think and if you can think of anymore information you might want on there let me know.  I only changed the front page or rather hid the front page and inserted a new one.  No permanent damage done.

WriterWrong

It's probably not a necessary addition to the spreadsheet, but what if in the "Commit" column, recruits that haven't committed to a school were listed as cool, warm or warmer like on 247. Or maybe put in there "Top 3" or "Top 5" if Arkansas has made it into a kids short list.

You could go down the list and see which kids are "warm" on Arkansas and which aren't. Maybe see "Top 5" and know we're one of his serious options.

It might clarify which recruits have us really high and which don't.

Biggus Piggus

Told my wife I had a spreadsheet. She thought I was trying to get her to do something new and unusual.
[CENSORED]!

hawgXi

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 13, 2015, 04:33:57 pm
Told my wife I had a spreadsheet. She thought I was trying to get her to do something new and unusual.

don't tell her you want a new wheel barrow

Biggus Piggus

Thought she might excel on my spreadsheet.
[CENSORED]!

Oklahawg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 16, 2015, 03:31:56 pm
Thought she might excel on my spreadsheet.

Better to have a spreadsheet than a power point?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

WorfHog

redeye

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

redeye

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 17, 2015, 04:43:23 pm
You must be really old.

I'm actually a vi guy, but I'm not THAT old.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: redeye on August 17, 2015, 05:36:11 pm
I'm actually a vi guy, but I'm not THAT old.

If you are making a Word Perfect reference...
[CENSORED]!

RazorBassin

Great work and thanks for sharing!

redeye

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 17, 2015, 07:55:50 pm
If you are making a Word Perfect reference...

Nah, I'm only 47.

I used WordPerfect in college and a little in *nix environments, but not much since.

I'm still quite young.   ;)

hawgXi

Quote from: hawgXi on August 04, 2015, 11:05:23 am
great job ArkanSWAG!

bumping to the top.

looks like boateng and jones are bookends as far as size and weight.

would like to see graham and cleveland added to this class.

could we be known as "WR U"??

excitement is building!

ArkanSWAG

Quote from: hawgXi on August 23, 2015, 12:11:20 pm
bumping to the top.

looks like boateng and jones are bookends as far as size and weight.

would like to see graham and cleveland added to this class.

could we be known as "WR U"??

excitement is building!

Updated for Boateng! I don't think that our offense will generate enough WR stats for that, BUT I think that we will put one or two mid-rounders into the NFL every other year or so. I think that things like Keon's hands, blocking ability, toughness, and willingness to be different from the selfish WR mentality typical of the NFL will be very attractive to coaches/teams. A legitimate leadership personality at WR? That's special. I anticipate potential Anquan Boldin-esque players at the WR position coming out of Arkansas.

ArkanSWAG

Also, will work to add two pages later today or this week. One of which will be like a "best 18-22" or some form of that because reports are that we may only take that many. The other page? It'll be fun, but I'm not sure what it would look like. Hopefully a fun, look-ahead sort of thing to see where I think the commits/wishlisted players could fit in after a while in the program - just because I think that's something the coaches look at when they evaluate folks. Kind of the "where will this guy go with us" mentality.

hawgXi

Quote from: ArkanSWAG on August 23, 2015, 12:39:10 pm
Also, will work to add two pages later today or this week. One of which will be like a "best 18-22" or some form of that because reports are that we may only take that many. The other page? It'll be fun, but I'm not sure what it would look like. Hopefully a fun, look-ahead sort of thing to see where I think the commits/wishlisted players could fit in after a while in the program - just because I think that's something the coaches look at when they evaluate folks. Kind of the "where will this guy go with us" mentality.

sounds like a deal!

you've done a great job building this resource for the hogville community.

as far as WR's go if a traditional ground and pound team like bama can snag a julio jones or amari cooper, who's to say we can't land a couple top flight WR?

we have all the supporting tools they need:  top flight coaches, QB depth, OL depth, RB depth and a stingy D

playing in a great conference

a road to the NFL through the Ozarks!!

SkeeterHawg

Added a Visit Date column.  Now just need to find out when everyone is visiting.

ArkanSWAG

Updated the commit list, announcements tab, wishlist, included ranking/ranking projections for the wishlist/commit tabs, and generally got excited about the remaining 10 spots in the class. Sorry for the bump, but just wanted to remind everyone this is a thing and that we are still working on it!

Here's the link if you need it again:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dDeJCbrI24KKnL5gRX-4YwkJqOD7U8D2OT6wNasJigA/edit#gid=140615213

Thanks everyone that's done work on this to this point. Keep pointing out mistakes/things we want to see.

WorfHog

Thanks for all the work! Use the explore options for some interesting insights. Like did you know we have more WR offered than RB's.  Pretty cool feature of google sheets.