Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AD Long and the Negativity

Started by hassettsportsman, October 04, 2017, 06:53:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hassettsportsman

Seriously Jeff, forget the pretend landed gentry act.  Put the decorum and proprieties aside.  You and you alone can reduce the negative wave against the Hogs.  PUBLICALLY TELL Coach Bielema and us what the conditions and time frame are for his exit...or success!  Frankly you should have done that before the LR game!   

ricepig

Lol, like that's going to ever happen anywhere......

Quote from: hassettsportsman on October 04, 2017, 06:53:59 pm
Seriously Jeff, forget the pretend landed gentry act.  Put the decorum and proprieties aside.  You and you alone can reduce the negative wave against the Hogs.  PUBLICALLY TELL Coach Bielema and us what the conditions and time frame are for his exit...or success!  Frankly you should have done that before the LR game!   
That's literally the worst management advice I've ever read. You don't know what he's said in private, and it is foolish to manage in public.

Wayne Watson

Jeff Long doesn't have to tell "us" anything.  My employer doesn't discuss my performance publicly and Jeff Long should not discuss his employee's performance publicly either.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Karma on October 04, 2017, 06:56:57 pm
That's literally the worst management advice I've ever read. You don't know what he's said in private, and it is foolish to manage in public.

+1
We don't rent pigs

hassettsportsman

Well, if he had that discussion privately already.  It didn't have the correct effect!

DLUXHOG

Quote from: hassettsportsman on October 04, 2017, 07:03:52 pm
Well, if he had that discussion privately already.  It didn't have the correct effect!

"Patience glasshoppa"
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

The OTR

I'm disappointed it took you 34 posts to come up with something this good.

onebadrubi

It amazes Me how much people don't think things through.  Can'pubkic comments like destroy a team and by all means let's get the recruits worried. 

Like it or not he's got a minimum of two more years.  Kick rocks.

hogcard1964

Why do you need him to tell you anything?  Bielema is gone.  At the earliest - January 1, 2018, at the latest - January 1, 2019.

Going forward I'd rather leave Jeff Long out of any football related decisions.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 04, 2017, 07:11:01 pm
Why do you need him to tell you anything?  Bielema is gone.  At the earliest - January 1, 2018, at the latest - January 1, 2019.

Going forward I'd rather leave Jeff Long out of any football related decisions.

Don't know where, if anywhere, you got your information but I can promise you CBB will be here long past those dates...    for you, and others to publicize otherwise, only hurts, or kills recruiting as many kids lurk on sites like this for a deeper understanding of the program.   Do you shoot yourself in the balls very often?

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 04, 2017, 07:06:57 pm
I'm disappointed it took you 34 posts to come up with something this good.

"good"?

More like...At a lost for words.  Good does not come to mind.

Anyone care if this gets moved to Trash?
We don't rent pigs

hogcard1964

Quote from: DLUXHOG on October 04, 2017, 07:17:57 pm
Don't know where, if anywhere, you got your information but I can promise you CBB will be here long past those dates...    for you, and others to publicize otherwise, only hurts, or kills recruiting as many kids lurk on sites like this for a deeper understanding of the program.   Do you shoot yourself in the balls very often?

Is it not better to be honest regarding the program?  The only thing that will keep Bielema here past 2018 is 16 combined wins over the next two years.  That isn't happening.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 04, 2017, 07:21:40 pm
The only thing that will keep Bielema here past 2018 is 16 combined wins over the next two years.  That isn't happening.

And you base this on...?
We don't rent pigs

DLUXHOG

October 04, 2017, 07:28:18 pm #14 Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 08:10:11 pm by DLUXHOG
Is it not better to be honest regarding the program?  The only thing that will keep Bielema here past 2018 is 16 combined wins over the next two years.  That isn't happening.

Honest? At the cost of continually hamstringing the program? (Recruiting)....   JLS was the biggest disaster this program has ever known or seen and set the program and recruiting back to the dismal levels it was at until JFB came to town.   You don't want to see our record before JFB, Lou, & Hatfield.....

AlmaHog2011

Don't see anyway that BB will be here long after 2019 unless he starts winning? Are you confident that he will?  As far as recruiting how is BB doing?

hogcard1964

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on October 04, 2017, 07:39:05 pm
Don't see anyway that BB will be here long after 2019 unless he starts winning? Are you confident that he will?  As far as recruiting how is BB doing?

The same.  Still bad.

swineology

As much as you want Bret fired, he's good til the end of the 2019 season. It's all about dollars and cents.

WilsonHog

We need a new rule.

"Don't post stupid sh*t."

Whatever happened to using judgment before you post?

onebadrubi

Quote from: swineology on October 04, 2017, 07:53:32 pm
As much as you want Bret fired, he's good til the end of the 2019 season. It's all about dollars and cents.

The people with cents have sense, the people with no sense ask for ones with cents to pay when doesn't make any sense

ricepig

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 04, 2017, 07:58:47 pm

The people with cents have sense, the people with no sense ask for ones with cents to pay when doesn't make any sense

Since when is that correct.....

hassettsportsman

To all those who are offended by message or methodology...I apologize!  But don't question my loyalty to the Hogs! 

LZH

Spit it out.

rtr

October 04, 2017, 10:11:44 pm #23 Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 10:43:00 pm by rtr
Quote from: WilsonHog on October 04, 2017, 07:57:07 pm
We need a new rule.

“Don’t post stupid sh*t.”

"Things fall apart, the center cannot hold".  W. B. Yeats
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

The OTR

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 04, 2017, 07:57:07 pm
We need a new rule.

"Don't post stupid sh*t."

You cuss around as much as those guys in vice principals on hbo.

East Clintwood

He had that "conversation" several years ago when he gave him the huge buyout.

Bert knows all he has to do is coast.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

WilsonHog

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 04, 2017, 10:13:21 pm
You cuss around as much as those guys in vice principals on hbo.

How 'bout you go watch it and shut the hell up?

The OTR

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 04, 2017, 10:17:50 pm
How 'bout you go watch it and shut the hell up?

You really are something.  You dish it out to everyone but get huffy if someone says anything back to you. Some things never change.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 04, 2017, 10:29:24 pm

You really are something.  You dish it out to everyone but get huffy if someone says anything back to you. Some things never change.

That happened to be very, very funny.

Wasting my best material here.

PossumFan

Might be the dumbest thing I've ever read in this forum, and that's saying a mouthful.

The OTR

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 04, 2017, 10:39:00 pm

I like the show.  Did a little of that type of job in another life and love the fact they say all the crap that crosses your mind to say but you can't say.

jkstock04

Quote from: DLUXHOG on October 04, 2017, 07:17:57 pm
Dude...you also promised and guaranteed wins against A&M and TCU.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: Wayne Watson on October 04, 2017, 07:01:09 pm
Jeff Long doesn't have to tell "us" anything.  My employer doesn't discuss my performance publicly and Jeff Long should not discuss his employee's performance publicly either.

when you make crap hires you should be asked to explain  them.  the lo e letter etc
Let's make some waves.

can't fix.  hmmmm how do I say.   I hear they are born that way.
Let's make some waves.

hogblitz

Quote from: Wayne Watson on October 04, 2017, 07:01:09 pm
I do not disagree with you.  However, it happens.  Texas A&M's AD did this very thing before the season started. 

tell you one damn thing. sonic in alma after I have my Frito pie (with onions and mustard of course)
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: Wayne Watson on October 04, 2017, 07:21:21 pm
"good"?

More like...At a lost for words.  Good does not come to mind.

Anyone care if this gets moved to Trash?

mine always does and I tell. the damn truth. move it to the trash with everything else that doesn't fit the why do the hogs suck agend.

I don't blame the players.  outside of that tale a number
Let's make some waves.

mckinneyhog5

You can tell most of these guys don't hold high positions at their job but they do hold high positions of their opinions.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on October 04, 2017, 11:37:02 pm
You can tell most of these guys don't hold high positions at their job but they do hold high positions of their opinions.

at least you are consistent. consistently stupid
Let's make some waves.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 04, 2017, 11:39:22 pm
at least you are consistent. consistently stupid
Coming from you, I'll take that as a compliment.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

WaltonCollege

Shouldn't state it publicly but when you're the state's highest paid employee there has to be a little more of an open glass about expectations. It's awesome our team GPA is high and seriously I find that really cool and we're graduation a lot of players which is awesome man but I want to wins games on the field too ya know that's why I watch

WaltonCollege

Quote from: WaltonCollege on October 04, 2017, 11:46:15 pm
Shouldn't state it publicly but when you're the state's highest paid employee there has to be a little more of an open glass about expectations. It's awesome our team GPA is high and seriously I find that really cool and we're graduating  a lot of players which is awesome man but I want to wins games on the field too ya know that's why I watch

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: WaltonCollege on October 04, 2017, 11:46:15 pm
Shouldn't state it publicly but when you're the state's highest paid employee there has to be a little more of an open glass about expectations. It's awesome our team GPA is high and seriously I find that really cool and we're graduation a lot of players which is awesome man but I want to wins games on the field too ya know that's why I watch
Yep, that's who the UofA needs to focus on..T.V. viewers.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: rtr on October 04, 2017, 10:11:44 pm
"Things fall apart, the center cannot hold".  W. B. Yeats

I love that one. Used it this evening in fact
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

Pretty sure he was channeling the show you referenced.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 04, 2017, 10:39:00 pm

Tuck you GAMBY!

jgphillips3

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on October 04, 2017, 11:49:58 pm
Yep, that's who the UofA needs to focus on..T.V. viewers.

The UofA, maybe not.  The Razorbacks, absolutely.  Unlike some of you, the entire campus could burn to the ground and if they still played football and basketball, I'd be fine.  Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of the university.  But, I'm also proud of UCA, Hendrix, Ouachita Baptist, Harding, UAMS, UALR law, etc.  This is a sports forum.  I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars to go sit and watch mathletes. 

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 04, 2017, 11:57:58 pm
The UofA, maybe not.  The Razorbacks, absolutely.  Unlike some of you, the entire campus could burn to the ground and if they still played football and basketball, I'd be fine.  Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of the university.  But, I'm also proud of UCA, Hendrix, Ouachita Baptist, Harding, UAMS, UALR law, etc.  This is a sports forum.  I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars to go sit and watch mathletes. 
Hate to break it to you but games on TV are pretty much free..if people are spending hundreds of dollars to watch them on TV, well I don't know what to say. As far as attending games, people still go. Those people who go loves the hogs and just don't go because the hogs are currently the hot team. The people who go have gone through the hard times and the good times. You can say they're ok with mediocrity but again they're hog fans. The program currently isn't the disaster some people make it out to be. If we get a new coach those same fans will be in those same seats because again they're fans through thick and thin. That's just how we roll...

WaltonCollege

I don't know man what I do know is it's year five our O line is most likely the worst in the sec, the opposite of what we thought would happen five years ago by getting O line guru Bielema. They consistently grade out high but give up a bevy of penalties and blow assignments and get pushed back by NMSU linemen 4 yards into the backfield and make Austin Allen wish he never played football when he drops back to pass it's like bro come on. Our defense hasn't been anywhere close to stopping a nosebleed since Speight, Flowers and Philon left. Just gotta stop standing behind excuses and man up and just win some games man

moses_007

Well the A&M AD came right out and said on TV that A&M isn't satisfied with 8 wins a season, meaning that Sumlin will be fired it he doesn't do better than that this year.

Jeff Long said recently that he told Bret he needs to win more games.  The question is, how many more?