Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

***UPDATE***Hogs vs 'Cats at Kauffman Tickets?

Started by hawgtahm, December 28, 2016, 07:50:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgtahm

December 28, 2016, 07:50:45 pm Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 07:02:39 pm by hawgtahm
Can someone in the know tell me when/where to get tickets to the 4/25 game against KState in KC? Razorback single game tix are on sale, but it doesn't list that game. KState site says single game tix go on sale later this year, which leaves them 3 days to meet the deadline.

I live in Lawrence, and really want to go to the game. I appreciate any info.

***Update*** Tickets went on sale today at noon. GA in lower bowl, $10 adult $5 youth. In the Diamond Club, $15 adult $10 youth.

Although a Feb 8 article on the KState site stated that the Diamond and Crown Club would be ticketed by seat, it doesn't provide seat information when purchasing and Crown isn't listed as an option. For those unfamiliar, the Diamond Club is behind home plate, and Crown Club is field level behind home plate (where Marlins Man crashed the Royals' recent World Series campaigns).

If you're thinking about going, just do it! Here's the link:

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/MLBEventInfo?pid=8399481&agency=RYLSB2B_20

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Call the Razorback ticket office and explain your situation.
800-982-4647 or 479-575-5151

Email:
raztk@uark.edu

Please note: E-mails sent to raztk@uark.edu will be answered within 2-5 business days, Monday – Friday from 8:30 am – 5 p.m. If you need immediate assistance, please call the ticket center.

Regular business hours are: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.

WhenPigsFly

Just curious, but why the urgency?  It's not going to sell out, good seats will be available the day of the game.

hawgtahm

I got around to contacting the Razorback chat line today. Below is a copy/paste. Suffice it to say, not impressed...

Tom: Where/when can I get tickets to the KState game at Kauffman Stadium?

Thanks,
Tom
by You on on 1/3/2017 12:52:57 PM

rbrochu: You will need to contact K-State for games at their facilities. We only provide away game tickets for football. Thanks!
by rbrochu on on 1/3/2017 1:45:07 PM

Tom: I should have been more clear. Kauffman stadium is not at K-State in Manhattan, KS. It is a neutral site game in Kansas City, MO. Kauffman is the home of MLB's Kansas City Royals. Is it still considered a KState home game?

I have been watching their website since November, and it still says tickets will go on sale "later this year". I also sent a message, but haven't received a response.

Thanks,
Tom

by You on on 1/3/2017 5:47:42 PM
rbrochu: Then contact Kaufmann stadium. We only provide away game tickets for football. Thanks!

hawgtahm

Quote from: WhenPigsFly on January 03, 2017, 04:09:17 pm
Just curious, but why the urgency?  It's not going to sell out, good seats will be available the day of the game.

That's a fair question. Answer, I am a Razorback fan and a Royals fan. I live within 40 minutes  of Kauffman Stadium, and the Hogs don't come this way very often. If I can sit where Buck O'neil sat, that's where I want to sit.

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: hawgtahm on January 03, 2017, 07:07:19 pm
That's a fair question. Answer, I am a Razorback fan and a Royals fan. I live within 40 minutes  of Kauffman Stadium, and the Hogs don't come this way very often. If I can sit where Buck O'neil sat, that's where I want to sit.

Just because you sit there doesn't mean you get a placque. 😁

dotnet

Quote from: WhenPigsFly on January 03, 2017, 04:09:17 pm

To further the point - I'm not sure why the disappointment with the athletic office.  They don't have anything to do with tickets for non home games.  This isn't new, and there is pretty much nothing they can do about it. 

When I have been to college games at major league stadiums, though its normally a tournament, it has always been general admission.  Depending on the size of my group, I've been able to sit just about anywhere I wanted.

hawgtahm

Quote from: dotnet on January 03, 2017, 11:25:51 pm
To further the point - I'm not sure why the disappointment with the athletic office.  They don't have anything to do with tickets for non home games.  This isn't new, and there is pretty much nothing they can do about it. 

When I have been to college games at major league stadiums, though its normally a tournament, it has always been general admission.  Depending on the size of my group, I've been able to sit just about anywhere I wanted.

Pretty sure my OP indicates my lack of knowledge on the situation. The first response suggested I contact the athletic office. I shared the result. But, since you know all about it, everyone should, right?

Thanks for chiming in. I hope you got the superior feeling you were going for.

dotnet

Quote from: hawgtahm on January 04, 2017, 11:26:15 am
Pretty sure my OP indicates my lack of knowledge on the situation. The first response suggested I contact the athletic office. I shared the result. But, since you know all about it, everyone should, right?

Thanks for chiming in. I hope you got the superior feeling you were going for.

Seriosuly? I would have called the office too, even with my experience since this isn't a tournament... but I was just pointing out that based on their answer it's pointless to be upset or annoyed with the advise or the office.

Then I told you my experience and tried to give you hope for the experience you wanted based prior events.

The only one acting entitled or acting superior is you. Everyone else was only trying to help you

cosmodrum

Quote from: hawgtahm on January 03, 2017, 07:07:19 pm

My new goal in life is to beat you to Buck's seat.  :D
Go away, batin'

hawgtahm

Quote from: dotnet on January 04, 2017, 12:56:17 pm
Seriosuly? I would have called the office too, even with my experience since this isn't a tournament... but I was just pointing out that based on their answer it's pointless to be upset or annoyed with the advise or the office.

Then I told you my experience and tried to give you hope for the experience you wanted based prior events.

The only one acting entitled or acting superior is you. Everyone else was only trying to help you

I apologise for mistakenly inferring smugness from your post.

I'm not disappointed that they don'know the answer. It's more about the lack of desire to help. You would think the athletic department would at least have contact information ready for fans wanting to attend any away game. At the very least, be cordial. Act concerned. It's basic customer service.

Lastly, if it is GA and you do accomplish your new goal, could you save the 2 seats next to you? WPS!

Supermark101

Not sure about tickets. They'll probably go on sale when the rest of KSU single game tickets do. They do show a start one of 6:30 for the game, which is all i was worried about.

woopig1023

Quote from: Supermark101 on January 20, 2017, 01:15:06 am
Not sure about tickets. They'll probably go on sale when the rest of KSU single game tickets do. They do show a start one of 6:30 for the game, which is all i was worried about.
You are correct, I emailed KState's ticket office and they said they would go on sale February 13th when their single game tickets go on sale.

#1 STUNNA