Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wally Hall (Cubs)

Started by jvanhorn, November 10, 2016, 07:07:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jvanhorn

The guy is really something else.  Today in his column he said how surprised he was that the Cubs won the World Series which, I guess, goes to show that he knows as little about baseball as he does any other sport.    The Cubs were picked to win their division long before Spring Training began by everyone.  They had by far the best team in baseball.  There were in first place from April all the way thru September.  Wire to wire.  The surprise would have been if they hadn't won the World Series.  Simple amazing that he would be shocked, shocked I tell you, LOL.

LZH

ricepig

Gerald Gilber

I quit reading anything he wrote years ago
Can we play all our games at home????

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: jvanhorn on November 10, 2016, 07:07:34 pm
The guy is really something else.  Today in his column he said how surprised he was that the Cubs won the World Series which, I guess, goes to show that he knows as little about baseball as he does any other sport.    The Cubs were picked to win their division long before Spring Training began by everyone.  They had by far the best team in baseball.  There were in first place from April all the way thru September.  Wire to wire.  The surprise would have been if they hadn't won the World Series.  Simple amazing that he would be shocked, shocked I tell you, LOL.
I agree the guy is really something. However, exactly what that something is I'll leave to the imagination.

hogman64

He basically doesn't even know Arkansas baseball exists.  The most relevant U of A  sports team  nationally , other than track, and he might write Van Horn's name once a year.  He cares zero about baseball and knows zero about baseball.  To him horse racing and fat men's softball is more relevant than U of A baseball.  Not saying Wally is a bad guy, but you would think a person in his position would be a little more well rounded sports wise.

mhuff

November 26, 2016, 02:25:26 pm #6 Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 01:45:51 am by mhuff
I am surprised they won. I believe I heard a statistic on teams winning the World Series that had the best record in baseball. It was a pretty low percentage.

Also, who would have thought the Cubs would come back and win when they were down 3-1?
I guess you all were just able to see the future , so you weren't surprised at all. Sure umpah.

jackflash

the cubs has the best young talent in the league they may win it a couple of more times

PintailKiller

The better question is why is Wally Hall being discussed in this forum?  We all know that he gives a rats hind end about baseball.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Knot2brite

Wally Hall wouldn't know the difference between a well written informative editorial sports article and a baseball box score because he hasn't read or written either of them
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

pigture perfect

I was surprised they won. I thought the jinx was that bad.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"