Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If Cohen becomes AD, who does MSU hire?

Started by ricepig, October 12, 2016, 07:30:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jry04

Quote from: ricepig on October 12, 2016, 07:30:25 pm
Rumors are the Cohen will be the new AD, who is on the short list?

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2016/10/12/john-cohen-named-msus-next-athletic-director/91943864/
I bet they promote Gary Henderson for this season, and then do a search for a permanent hire after the season. I do not think they will be able to get a quality coach just months before the season is set to begin. I expect MSU to have a somewhat down year this year, regardless. They lost practically their entire pitching staff, and 4 or 5 of their top 7 hitters.

The Baseball America staff said they think MSU is a top 10 job, and will be able to get a very good replacement. Cohen is well respected, and having an AD transition from baseball to AD will probably attract some coaches knowing the emphasis he will put on the baseball program, which is already very good. It wouldn't surprise me to see them get someone like Robichaux at UL Lafayette, Mark Calvi at South Alabama, or the Southern Miss head coach.

azhog10

Our new pitching coach? Was his departure smooth?

jry04

Quote from: azhog10 on October 13, 2016, 11:54:03 pm
Our new pitching coach? Was his departure smooth?
Highly doubt it, but you never know. They will have more experienced candidates interested in the job. Their current pitching coach is probably a stronger candidate than ours at the moment. 

dotnet

Quote from: jry04 on October 14, 2016, 09:05:03 am
Highly doubt it, but you never know. They will have more experienced candidates interested in the job. Their current pitching coach is probably a stronger candidate than ours at the moment.

Yeah, but he worked with Henderson at UK, and then brought him with him to MSU.  But MSU is a top 10 job in the country, or you could argue as much.  They would have their choices