Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scrimmage Saturday at 1:15

Started by ricepig, September 16, 2016, 12:59:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

DeltaHog66

Did anyone get to go to the scrimmage?  Any info would be appreciated!

Pig Papi

I was there for the whole scrimmage. My thoughts....

Luke Bonfield is in mid season form.  4-4 at the plate and just looks the part of an SEC 3 hole hitter.

Chad Spanberger hit a rocket out to RC.  He looked more comfortable.  Hopefully his success this summer will carry over for him.

Jake Arledge got pegged in the shoulder.  Scrimmage rules put a runner on base to penalize the pitcher but the batter still gets to hit.  He hit an absolute moon shot into the LF bullpen on the next pitch.

Grant Koch looked good.  He hammered a double into the LF corner.  We need him.  There are only 3 catchers on the fall roster with Alex Gosser and true freshman Ben Bailey the others.

Weston Rogers looked good.  He has a chance to really help the team.

Freshman pitchers Jacob Kostyshock and Jackson Rutledge obviously have stuff but they were knocked around a little bit.  The freshman I was impressed with was Angus Denton.  He drops down and comes from the side and just looks filthy.  I'm not a great judge of talent but I think that look would be tough coming out of the pen.

The hardest hit ball of the day may have been hit by freshman Jordan McFarland, a line drive about 390 to CF that was caught.  Physically he looks the part.

I was there with my son and didn't take notes.  I'm just going off of my memory which is not what it once was.