Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florida Gator Football Recruiting

Started by jbcarol, November 17, 2014, 09:04:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Florida edges out ACC rival for commitment from in-state DB

"Staying home, the Swamp is on the rise!"

QuoteTeddy Foster, a cornerback out of Cardinal Mooney n Sarasota and 67th CB in the country for the class of 2024.

The addition of Foster brings Florida up to 20 players in the 2024 recruiting class. That group is currently ranked No. 3.

In terms of 5-star prospects, Florida is 1 of just 5 programs with multiple commitments.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Florida flips WR commit Tawaski (sic) Adams from Free Shoes

"It felt like the right place from the field to the classroom."

QuoteNapier's 21st commitment to this Gators class that also includes quarterback DJ Lagway and 5-star safety Xavier Filsaime.

jbcarol

John Ehret '24 .95 Safety Wardell Mack gave a verbal to Billy Napier and UF.

Mack's mid pack amongst the 22nd hard commit in Florida's '24 Class now ranked 3rd

jbcarol

Tampa Plant '25 RB Waltez Clark gave a verbal to Billy Napier and Florida.

Clark's the first hard commit to Napier's '25 class. He's a Top 7 RB.

jbcarol

Florida Gators 'chipping away' at Florida State 5-star CB commit Charles Lester III

Hunter Shelton

QuoteSince committing to Florida State on July 28, Venice (Fla.) five-star cornerback Charles Lester III has rocked garnet and gold, repping his pledge to the Seminoles.

Lester was in Gainesville to watch the Florida Gators defeat Charlotte at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. The trip was his first to The Swamp since January and his sixth documented trip overall.

Florida's initial pursuit of Lester wasn't really close. The Gators didn't even make his final four schools before committing. With him now making a trip to campus and telling Gators Online that he intends on returning for an official visit in December, there's real reason to think that Florida could be a potential option.

The reason behind the UF push can be pointed in the direction of secondary coach Corey Raymond, according to Bender. Raymond, who carries plenty of SEC experience and has helped develop some elite prospects over the years, peaks the interest of any major DB, especially those who reside in the Sunshine State.

jbcarol

Daytona Beach Mainland '24 DL LJ McCray gave a verbal to Billy Napier and Florida Gators.

A top 12 player in-state, McCray's #106 overall.

Napier's '24 Class now has 22 hard commits now ranked 3rd in our nation.

jbcarol

Hayes Fawcett

@Hayesfawcett3
BREAKING: Four-Star CB Wardell Mack tells me he has Flipped his Commitment from Florida to Texas!

The 6'1 180 CB from Marrero, LA had been Committed to the Gators since August

Is ranked as a Top 5 CB in the '24 Class

"1000% committed" #HookEm

https://on3.com/college/texas-longhorns/news/four-star-cb-wardell-mack-flips-to-texas

jbcarol

Staff Report: Michael Tarquin picks up offer from Florida, school he transferred out from in 2022

QuoteUSC offensive tackle Michael Tarquin announced his intention to enter the transfer portal for a second time on Saturday, and it didn't take long for a familiar program to reach out.

According to Tarquin, he was offered again by Florida, where he suited up for four years before transferring to USC.

"Excited to be offered by The University of Florida again."

Florida's offensive line was hit hard by transfers following the 2022 season, and the Gators struggled on the offensive line.

It's not every day you see a program re-offer a player that transferred out of the program.

Tarquin previously played at Citra High in North Marion, Florida.

jbcarol

Former San Diego State OT Brandon Crenshaw-Dickson commits to Florida

By Nick Kosko

QuoteAs a member of the Class of 2019, Crenshaw-Dickson was a three-star recruit out of Harbor City (Calif.) Narbonne...

jbcarol

Former Penn DL Joey Slackman commits to Florida from the transfer portal

By Sam Gillenwater

QuoteJoey Slackman caused a lot of problems over his three seasons at Penn. Now, he's a piece of work for Florida to work with after his commitment to them

jbcarol

Former Oregon defensive back Trikweze Bridges is the newest portal commitment for Florida

Andrew Olson

Committed to The University of Florida  @GatorsFB 🐊

QuoteFlorida has gotten busy in the transfer portal. After a slow start, the Gators landed former San Diego State OL Brandon Crenshaw-Dickson and former Penn DL Joey Slackman on Sunday. Yet here's another experienced defender committed to UF Monday morning.

Bridges heads to Gainesville for his 6th year of college football made possible by the NCAA's COVID-19 waiver for 2020. The former Lanett (Alabama) standout was part of Oregon's 2019 recruiting class

Bridges was a 13-game starter for Oregon last year. He logged 49 total tackles, including a TFL, and 5 passes defended with 3 interceptions.

This past season, Bridges saw his role reduced.

jbcarol

National Signing Day: Billy Napier, Mike Norvell and Mario Cristobal are among the coaches with the most at stake

By Jesse Simonton

Quote2024 Early Signing Period runs Wednesday-Friday, where programs across the country will ink the bulk of their classes this cycle.

I dropped a 2024 National Signing Day Preview for Dummies earlier in the week, so be sure to check that out.

Georgia is locked into the No. 1 spot in the On3 Team Rankings, but there could be plenty of shuffling inside the Top 10 depending on how crazy Flip-Mas Szn gets this week. Some half a dozen 5-stars are still on major #FLIPWATCH.

Every staff is under immense pressure right now dealing with both the transfer portal and locking down their 2024 recruiting classes, but some coaches are under brighter spotlights — good and bad —

Billy Napier, Florida
No head coach in America faces more scrutiny and pressure this week than Florida's Billy Napier. It's been a brutal last two months for UF's program, from a five-game losing streak to end the season, to assistant coaching changes and major transfer portal departures. The Gators enter the Early Signing Period just desperately looking to get their 2024 class — once ranked as high as No. 3 nationally and now No. 8 in the country — across the finish line. 

Over half of Napier's inaugural signing class has entered the transfer portal, and now a super strong group from the 2024 class is hemorrhaging decommitments and flips.

The Gators already lost top prospects to Georgia, Auburn, Texas and Miami, and fringe 5-star safety Xavier Filsamime flipped to the Longhorns on Monday. Auburn is hot after 5-star defensive lineman LJ McCray and 4-star defensive line Amaris Williams, while Miami is chasing 4-star edge Adarius Hayes.

UF can't afford any more departures in the class — much-less losing multiple blue-chip prospects. If 5-star quarterback DJ Lagway ends up making a last-minute switch to say A&M...

jbcarol

Florida finally receives a little good news today

Adds pledge from safety
Ethan Stone | 36 minutes ago

QuoteFlorida football got some much-needed good news on Wednesday with a commitment from Class of 2024 fringe safety Gregory Smith.

Smith made his Early Signing Day commitment to the Gators over the likes of Ole Miss, Virginia and Vanderbilt.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Follow Earnest Graham
@earnestgraham
·

My son was raised to understand the business as it exists but there has been new levels of disconnect with this program that I have NEVER ever experienced. No calls, no communication and the dryest experience imaginable. I'm just going to START there.
12:10 PM · Dec 21, 2023

jbcarol

Staff Report: South Carolina linebacker transfer Grayson Howard commits to Florida

QuoteSouth Carolina linebacker Grayson Howard has committed to Florida out of the NCAA transfer portal.

Howard entered the portal after spending one season with the Gamecocks. He played in 11 games and tallied 19 tackles, 1.0 tackles for a loss and a forced fumble.

Florida was looking for linebacker help and Howard should get an immediate chance...

jbcarol

Northern Illinois EDGE transfer George Gumbs commits to Florida

by:
Thomas Goldkamp

QuoteFlorida has landed a commitment from Northern Illinois EDGE transfer George Gumbs, Gumbs announced on his Twitter account on Thursday evening.

The talented edge rusher had previously committed to Cincinnati.

Gumbs spent the past three seasons suiting up for the Huskies:

As a redshirt sophomore in 2023, Gumbs recorded 32 tackles, 6.5 tackles for a loss, 3.5 sacks and two forced fumbles.

He should provide some instant firepower off the edge for the Gators, who lost leading pass-rusher Princely Umanmielen to Ole Miss

jbcarol

jbcarol

Tulane transfer DB D.J. Douglas commits to Florida Gators

by: Wade Peery

QuoteTulane transfer defensive back D.J. Douglas recently entered the portal in search of a new home across the college football landscape. On Saturday evening, he found it. Douglas officially committed to the Florida Gators. He announced the move

Blue-Chip

So A&M's New Defensive Coordinator, EX Florida DC Jay Bateman & DL Coach Sean Spencer are taking Florida Players from Gainesville to College Station... Scooby Williams (0.9700) LB and Jaydon Hill (0.9200) CB. A&M is on a Transfer Roll with 15 and counting.     

jbcarol

Texas safety transfer Jerrin Thompson to visit Florida on Sunday

by:
Griffin McVeigh

QuoteLonghorns safety transfer Jerrin Thompson will visit Florida on Sunday, Justin Wells of On3's Inside Texas has learned. Thompson is currently on the Plains seeing Auburn, having the opportunity to visit multiple SEC programs over the weekend.

Thompson has been a contributor in the Texas secondary for multiple years now. During the 2023 season, he recorded 38 tackles, three interceptions, and seven pass breakups. If there is a moment to remember, it's the interception Thompson snagged in Tuscaloosa against Alabama.

jbcarol

Florida lands commitment from transfer quarterback with starting experience
Spenser Davis | 2 minutes ago

QuoteGators earned a commitment from ex-Colorado State quarterback Clay Millen. The former Ram began his career at Nevada, meaning Florida will be his 3rd program.

Millen was Colorado State's starting quarterback in 2022. He threw for 1,910 yards, 10 touchdowns and 6 interceptions that season. He posted a passer efficiency rating of 149.8.

In 2023, Millen was slated to be CSU's starter again but was removed from that role after the Rams' Week 1 loss to Washington State.

jbcarol

Hayes Fawcett@Hayesfawcett3
·

BREAKING: Class of 2025 WR Josiah Abdullah tells me he has Committed to Florida!

The 5'11 175 WR from Atlanta, GA chose the Gators over Florida State, Michigan, & others

"Time to make a legacy! #GoGators"

https://on3.com/news/josiah-abdullah-wr-commits-to-florida

jbcarol

Four-Star DL Jalen Wiggins commits to Florida

by:
Hayes Fawcett

QuoteFour-star defensive lineman Jalen Wiggins of Tallahassee (FL) James Rikards High announced his commitment to Florida Monday afternoon.

The 6-foot-5, 250 pounder chose the Gato(r)s over Michigan, Florida State, et al.

jbcarol

Four-Star DL D'antre Robinson commits to Florida

by:
Hayes Fawcett

QuoteFour-star defensive lineman and former Texas Signee D'antre Robinson of Orlando (FL) Jones High announced his commitment to Florida Friday afternoon.

The 6-foot-4, 305 pounder committed to the Longhorns in July, and recently was released from his LOI.

"Florida has been my dream school and some unexpected things happened at Texas so I just wanted to be closer with my family. It will be way easier for my family to come see me play and anything else they would like to do. I'm a momma's boy and I'll admit, being closer to ma dukes feels great. My big sister lives in Texas so I would've had some form of family there if I was still going. I am a family's boy and being in my state feels so much better and I am very proud and happy with the decision I have made."

The Sunshine State defensive lineman joins coach Billy Napier and the Gators' top 20 2024 class. He is accompanied by five-star quarterback DJ Lagway, five-star defensive lineman LJ McCray

jbcarol

Alabama cornerback transfer Jameer Grimsley commits to Florida: 'Now I get to play for my dream school'

by:
Chad Simmons

QuoteAlabama cornerback signee Jameer Grimsley has committed to Florida out of the NCAA transfer portal, per On3's Hayes Fawcett.

Florida had been one of Grimsley's finalists before he ultimately signed with Alabama this winter, but Grimsley decided to enter the NCAA transfer portal when Nick Saban retired and Washington head coach Kalen DeBoer took over.

"It has been crazy. I never thought I would be in this position," Grimsley told On3. "I was in shock and kind of upset. But things happen. I went to Alabama to play for Coach Saban and T-Rob and they are not there anymore. It was tough."

Grimsley was a high-profile recruit, one who caused some hand-wringing initially at Florida when he picked Alabama. Now it won't matter.

"This was all God's plan. Everything happened for a reason," Grimsley said. "The way it was set up was meant to be. Now I get to play for my dream school. Florida is a great school, I am from Florida and I am committing to a school I feel good about.

"Now, you have to commit to a school, not a coach. You have to love the school."

jbcarol

Washington defensive back Asa Turner commits to transfer to Florida

by:
Dan Morrison

QuoteAsa Turner entered the Transfer Portal on January 13th, which was a day after head coach Kalen DeBoer left the Washington program. DeBoer became the head coach at Alabama, replacing legendary head coach Nick Saban.

After five seasons with the Huskies, Turner is going to bring plenty of experience to the Gators. He played in 43 games during that stretch, and even amid an injury during the 2023 season, Turner remained a starter in the Washington secondary.

He has 146 career tackles, seven tackles for loss, six interceptions, and a fumble recovery over the course of his career.

Asa Turner played high school football at Carlsbad (Calif.), where he was a four-star (2019)

jbcarol

Blue-Chip

jbcarol

Florida's in position to get 2025 5-star WR Caleb Cunningham back on campus
by:
Collin Ginnan

QuoteAfter a successful visit to Gainesville last weekend, Gators recruiting insider Keith Niebuhr said that Florida is currently in a good position to get Ackerman (Miss.) Choctaw County 2025 five-star wide receiver Caleb Cunningham back on campus this year for an official visit.

"I already knew they were a great program but after that visit I knew I did the right thing putting them on the list," Cunningham told Gators Online. "I saw yesterday why I put them on that list."

Cunningham is the nation's No. 11 overall prospect and No. 2 wide receiver in the 2025 cycle — he's top prospect in Mississippi.

"He had a great visit to Gainesville the other day. It wasn't his first time there, he'd been there for a camp and previously for a game. I said — is the distance an issue for him? He said, "I've got a 10-hour window." He'll drive within 10 hours. So I looked it up and he's about 9 hours and 40 minutes from Gainesville. But he's also within 30 minutes of Mississippi State and he's closer to other schools.

"But he had a great visit to Gainesville. He likes the fact that they have DJ Lagway there. ..."

Yet how was the visit to Gainesville :hmmm:

jbcarol

Florida lands 2025 commitment from 4-star OL out of Georgia
Andrew Olson | 30 minutes ago

QuotePeyton "PGroovy" Joseph announced his commitment to UF on Sunday

Georgia native was also considering Tennessee, Florida State and Georgia Tech, per Hayes Fawcett

6'4 315 IOL from Fort Valley, GA chose the Gators over Florida State, Tennessee, & Georgia Tech

"Tell Antwann, Isaiah, and the rest UF is Home!"

jbcarol

Gators Recruiting: 2025 commit breakdown
by:
Hunter Shelton

QuoteDespite a slow push to the finish line last cycle, Florida managed to still finish with a top-10 recruiting class... Napier and the Gators have turned the page and are now hunting to build another elite pledge list for the 2025 class.

With the Early Signing Period still over nine months out, UF is in a familiar spot, as its 2025 class currently checks in at No. 10 in the nation — which is good for No. 5 in the SEC

Just four prospects are committed to the Gators thus far, but three are @Blue-Chip

Florida Class Breakdown
Three of the four commits have joined the fold in 2024. Headlining the quartet is Tallahassee (Fla.) James Rickards four-star defensive lineman Jalen Wiggins. The lone top-100 prospect in the class

Wiggins' commitment came just one day after Atlanta Woodward three-star wide receiver Josiah Abdullah, who chose the Gators while also holding offers from the likes of Tennessee, Alabama, LSU, Texas

Tampa Plant four-star running back Waltez Clark is the longest-running commit in the fold for Napier and Co. He opted to pledge in September and is just outside the top 200

Top Florida Offensive Commit: IOL Peyton Joseph
The 6-foot-3, 280-pound Joseph chose the Gators over Florida State, Georgia Tech, and Tennessee. He ranks No. 123 overall and is the No. 5 IOL

Top Florida Defensive Commit: DL Jalen Wiggins
Wiggins provided a major boost to the Gators upon committing, as he's poised to serve as a centerpiece pledge for the entirety of the 2025 cycle. The No. 83 overall recruit, Wiggins is also the No. 8 defensive lineman

jbcarol

Florida's trending for safety Hylton Stubbs

by:
Hunter Shelton

QuoteThe race for Jacksonville Mandarin four-star safety Hylton Stubbs includes many high-profile programs. Entering the spring, however, one in-state program is currently trending for his pledge.

Florida is less than 100 miles from Stubbs and the Gators have had him on campus more than any other school thus far in his recruitment.

"The more I talk to them, the better relationships I've built and I've had better conversations with them," Stubbs previously told On3's Chad Simmons. "I'll talk with coach Napier a lot ... Florida probably talks with me the most." 

Stubbs' number of trips to Gainesville is well into the double digits

jbcarol

Jacksonville's Zarephath Academy 6-7 314 OT Enoch Wagnoy gave a verbal to Florida.

This Class o' '25 offensive lineman is not yet rated.

Florida has five hard commits in a '25 class that now ranks 20th.

jbcarol

Peyton Joseph decommits from Florida

by: Hunter Shelton

QuoteHouston County four-star interior offensive lineman Peyton Joseph has decommitted from Florida.

He was pledged to the Gators since Feb. 18, when he chose the SEC program over Florida State, Tennessee and Georgia Tech.

Joseph is the No. 174 overall prospect and No. 12 IOL in the 2025 cycle