Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dorian Gerald is a Hog!

Started by RockyMtnHog, February 09, 2018, 05:09:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RockyMtnHog

Sorry if this has been announced already.

Announced on WholeHog Sports.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

War Boar

ricepig

Big get, and truthfully, a must get. We needed a ready to play pass rushing DE, he'll fit that spot. WPS!

forrest city joe

WPS-------This is a big one folks.hats off to coach Morris and his staff for pulling this off.

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

JIHawg

Morris and Chavis beat Florida and TAM for this one.  Imagine him on one end, Agim on the other.

HUNGLOWHOG

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: JIHawg on February 09, 2018, 05:21:04 pm
Morris and Chavis beat Florida and TAM for this one.  Imagine him on one end, Agim on the other.
And their back-ups are giving no one a break.!!!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HoggyCat on February 09, 2018, 05:24:49 pm
One HELLUVA nice offer list.
Sorry to have to ask this because I realize I should know. However, how does one get his profile?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: colbs on February 09, 2018, 05:27:52 pm
https://247sports.com/player/dorian-gerald-86700

Check the offer list
Thanks a ton, colbs. A definite +1 to you.  :) BTW you're most certainly correct about the offer list. Some VERY impressive names wanted this young man.

liljo

Yes this one is a great get. Can't wait to see how Chavis uses this heat seeking missile. So glad this young man chose Arkansas!
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

hawgwash

RagingHawgOn

WPS!!!!

Helluva get! And late in the day nobody gave us a chance.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: hawgwash on February 09, 2018, 05:31:45 pm
Just your typical 3 star recruit, right?
That's a literal 5 star offer list.ww
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

TexHog188

DG5 aka "The Cookie Monster"

4 DE's in this class, 2LB's, 3 DB/S.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

pghawg1

THE top DE in JR College and he is just a 3 star. That doesn't make sense to me at all.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: pghawg1 on February 09, 2018, 05:34:34 pm
THE top DE in JR College and he is just a 3 star. That doesn't make sense to me at all.
Well with a 88 rating he wasn't that far from another "bump".

King Kong

RyeHogFan

Quote from: colbs on February 09, 2018, 05:27:52 pm
https://247sports.com/player/dorian-gerald-86700

Check the offer list

That just shows how wrong those crystal ball picks can be. We had ONE person picking us to get him and that was Otis. Every other "expert" that picked today said it would be aTm.

greenie

Two questions:
1 - I'm guessing that since it's already Feb, he won't report until this summer...right?
2 - 3 to play 2, 3 to play 3...??

AHiD

My name...is Jerruh

Vantage 8 dude

This young man's incredibly WISE decision helps put a GREAT finishing touch on this year's Hog recruiting class. Now on to a HUGE '19 group.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: RyeHogFan on February 09, 2018, 05:37:35 pm
That just shows how wrong those crystal ball picks can be. We had ONE person picking us to get him and that was Otis. Every other "expert" that picked today said it would be aTm.

Actually, Otis had company. JC Shurburtt who covers GA Tech, formerly based in SC picked Gerald to us yesterday.

Great get and pleasant surprise! A&M's pct on 24/7 had gone from 11% last night to 20 something % this morning.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Well word is Florida pulled offer. But we still beat TAM if that is true

King Kong

Quote from: SooieGeneris on February 09, 2018, 05:48:32 pm
Actually, Otis had company. JC Shurburtt who covers GA Tech, formerly based in SC picked Gerald to us yesterday.

Great get and pleasant surprise! A&M's pct on 24/7 had gone from 11% last night to 20 something % this morning.

JC changed his pick to A&M a couple hours before

King Kong

Quote from: greenie on February 09, 2018, 05:38:10 pm
Two questions:
1 - I'm guessing that since it's already Feb, he won't report until this summer...right?
2 - 3 to play 2, 3 to play 3...??

Summer.  2 to play 3

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Hogindasticks

Coach Morris hasn't coached a game yet...remember that....look out, here come the Hogs!

Flrazrback

Big Time get by the Coaches..  Defense just got a big shot in the arm.

JIHawg

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on February 09, 2018, 05:51:48 pm

Well if you want to get picky, we beat Bama and Nebraska for him too, as well as about 20 other upper level schools.

HogFoo

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on February 09, 2018, 05:51:48 pm
they pulled their offer when they realized he wasnt coming. haha... their fans are trying to say that they decided to try to save the scholarship for next years class..   ill call BS on that right now.  DG was the #1 ranked defensive player in juco's and #1 ranked DE period i believe.  You dont just decide to pull that scholarship.  Hell, bama got the #1 defensive guy last year(Buggs) and he started for them this year on their way to a title.  DG will be a monster.  He lined up across from Sosa is gonna be trouble!!  i cant begin to explain how this will help us!  I bet the only person happier than all of us Hog fans and Morris of course is Chavis!  Chavis will have some biggggg time DEs to work with, along with a lockdown CB back from injury and true frosh who played a lot and will be much better as well.. along with some big time depth coming in this class.  Good times coming guys and gals!   good times!!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

TheRazorback500

Hot damn, we got him! Chief pulling us in a pass rusher.  8) WPS
Do you wanna get Rocked?

East TN HAWG

Does he start day1?  I'm hoping that Gerald, Taylor, and Bell are strong enough to play Agim at DT.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: East TN HAWG on February 09, 2018, 06:09:53 pm
Does he start day1?  I'm hoping that Gerald, Taylor, and Bell are strong enough to play Agim at DT.
I wanna see Ferrell at DT! Too!

ricepig

Quote from: HogFoo on February 09, 2018, 06:03:41 pm
they pulled their offer when they realized he wasnt coming. haha... their fans are trying to say that they decided to try to save the scholarship for next years class..   ill call BS on that right now.  DG was the #1 ranked defensive player in juco's and #1 ranked DE period i believe.  You dont just decide to pull that scholarship.  Hell, bama got the #1 defensive guy last year(Buggs) and he started for them this year on their way to a title.  DG will be a monster.  He lined up across from Sosa is gonna be trouble!!  i cant begin to explain how this will help us!  I bet the only person happier than all of us Hog fans and Morris of course is Chavis!  Chavis will have some biggggg time DEs to work with, along with a lockdown CB back from injury and true frosh who played a lot and will be much better as well.. along with some big time depth coming in this class.  Good times coming guys and gals!   good times!!

To be honest, Mullen said before signing day that they were saving some scholarships for 2019. He said they wouldn't have 85 on scholarship this fall. I'm sure they'll put some Sr walkon on this fall. It doesn't really matter what happened, just that he's a Hog!

Yosemite Ham

Elmer Fudds a [CENSORED]

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

The_Boot_stops_here

Fan-freaking-tastic. Needed this one. Job well done on this one by John Scott and Steve Caldwell. Caldwell will have this guy ballin.

hawg1221

I wonder what our updated ranking is after this commitment.

JusJim

Quote from: hawg1221 on February 09, 2018, 06:26:59 pm
I wonder what our updated ranking is after this commitment.
49....so not much of a gain.  (Assuming it is updated)

ThisTeetsTaken

Agim needs to be back on the edge where he belongs.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

texas tush hog

Not to worry, now that he has signed with us, he will become a two star

Pig in the Pokey

he's a 4* all day. #4 overall juco
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang